Lightning - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: no refills on decis.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-04-27, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Lightning

Can we please have a vid of the lightning in action. I am very excited about driving one and I want so bad to see how they handle the various terrains. I must have replayed the sunderer and Maurader vid a million times,love watching the vehicles in action.

We love the screen shots but we need more and we are a bunch of spoiled PS 2 children. Maybe if enough people ask we can get one because the awesome devs love us. Please,pretty please. I'll give you all a virtual hug.
Old 2012-04-27, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Grognard
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Re: Lightning

+1 w/out a doubt...

Kein Plan überlebt die erste Feindberührung. Res ad triarios venit... μολὼν λαβέ!
Old 2012-04-27, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Xyntech
Brigadier General

What, you can't wait 6 little weeks to see them show the lightning in motion at E3?

Yeah, neither can I.
Old 2012-04-27, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zenben
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
Maurader vid
..... wut? Did I miss something? *frantically searches the boards and Twitter*
Old 2012-04-27, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zenben View Post
..... wut? Did I miss something? *frantically searches the boards and Twitter*
Sorry, Vanguard vid,not Maurader. Call off the search.lol.
Old 2012-04-28, 01:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

Yes..we need vids. I hope they improved the engine sounds this time around. The PS1 Lightning sounded like a lawn mower when moving at top speed.
Old 2012-04-28, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I hope it sounds like a muscle car. Fast, but powerful.
Old 2012-04-29, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I hope it sounds like a muscle car. Fast, but powerful.
It needs a good muffler too tho. I always luv'd sneaking up on MBT crews out in the field and cutting 'em down while they were out repping their ride.

Flanking snipers on a hiillside and ambushing them from behind was always entertaining too.

Although these types of maneuvers are gonna be a bit more difficult given its size in PS2. It looks to be about 3x bigger than it was in PS1.

Last edited by Erendil; 2012-04-29 at 06:29 AM.
Old 2012-04-29, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
What, you can't wait 6 little weeks to see them show the lightning in motion at E3?

Yeah, neither can I.
Haha, damnit man. Now you're going to have me counting down the days.

I can't wait to see what they show off. I'm in no position to make demands, but oh what I wouldn't give for some first person Infiltrator footage...
Old 2012-04-29, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

I'm still curious as to actual speeds tho. A lightning wasnt really that much faster than a magrider in ps1. a measly 10kph/6mph. Even a marauder/enforcer were only 15kph/9mph faster than the mag. Thats just a cosmetic difference, such a negligable speed difference means nothing in combat. So hopefully MBT's get slowed down compared to ps1 so there is massively more difference between them and faster vehicles without having to make the faster ones obscenely fast to achieve that.

Honestly its hard to think of cool things to do with them without actual speeds, if the difference is meaningful this time it could be some substantially different gameplay and very interesting. If its like ps1 where its mostly cosmetic, then they will be boring, far less effective, and add very little to variety.
Waiting for the return of the superior, real PS style teamwork oriented vehicles with drivers not gunning, and in fixed vehicle slots so we can once again have real, epic, vehicle battles where the tanks actually move in combat rather than a silly 1700's era line up and shoot.
Old 2012-04-29, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
I'm still curious as to actual speeds tho. A lightning wasnt really that much faster than a magrider in ps1. a measly 10kph/6mph. Even a marauder/enforcer were only 15kph/9mph faster than the mag. Thats just a cosmetic difference, such a negligable speed difference means nothing in combat. So hopefully MBT's get slowed down compared to ps1 so there is massively more difference between them and faster vehicles without having to make the faster ones obscenely fast to achieve that.

Honestly its hard to think of cool things to do with them without actual speeds, if the difference is meaningful this time it could be some substantially different gameplay and very interesting. If its like ps1 where its mostly cosmetic, then they will be boring, far less effective, and add very little to variety.
I am hoping te lighting is almost as fast as the sunderer in the GDC vid. That would be awesome ,or maybe an optional sidegrade to have a very high speed engine with lighter armor or wepons as a tradeoff,kind of use the lightning in that role as a fast scout vehicle. I wonder what kind of air a lightning will be able to get over small hills.
Old 2012-04-30, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ceska
Corporal

Originally Posted by FINALCUT View Post
I am hoping te lighting is almost as fast as the sunderer in the GDC vid. That would be awesome ,or maybe an optional sidegrade to have a very high speed engine with lighter armor or wepons as a tradeoff,kind of use the lightning in that role as a fast scout vehicle. I wonder what kind of air a lightning will be able to get over small hills.
It has been said : the lightning is faster that the sunderer . Only quad can compete with the lightning in terms of speed.
Old 2012-04-30, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ceska View Post
It has been said : the lightning is faster that the sunderer . Only quad can compete with the lightning in terms of speed.
Now that you said that , I do recall reading that somewhere. That makes me very happy.
Old 2012-05-01, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Erendil
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ceska View Post
Dang I'd forgotten about that Sundy comparison. From the GDC footage I'd say all 3 MBTs are significantly slower than they were in PS1. If the Lightning goes even faster than the Sundy footage we saw, that thing is going to bury MBTs speedwise.

I hope this carries over to driving on an incline too. The PS1 Lightning was seriously lacking in low-end torque and quickly dropped to a crawl going up hills.
Old 2012-05-01, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Xyntech
Brigadier General

All of PS1's vehicles seemed to have an unhealthy relationship with hills. Forgelight should put that little issue to rest
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion