Question about generators - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PLease consult a physician before whoring.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-11-21, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
windvally
Private

Question about generators

Hello, I am a new player in PS2 and I encountered several Generator Destroyed event during the game. I went to the generator room, saw a broken generator, but I have no idea how to fix it.

I tried using the Engineer class, but the repair gun thing doesn't work.

I tried asking on the chat, but apparently no one cared about the gen.

So my question is: How do you fix a destroyed generator?

Thanks for any help!
Old 2012-11-21, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Question about generators

Well if a generator is completely destroyed (black and smoking) then you should be able to repair it using your repair tool. Don't know what might be causing it to not work.
If it's just overloading you have to stabilize it.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-11-21, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
windvally
Private

It's black and smoking and in a crushed shape. I assume that is the "Destroyed" status? Besides, the "background voice" announced countless times (for like 20 minutes) that the gen is destroyed.

So maybe that was a bug I experienced? (I m not the only one who tried to fix it, around 7 others came by, but none of us can restore it up)
Old 2012-11-21, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Looks like you ran into a bugged gen.
Nothing to do other than report it

It's possible that it's tied to server stress, the first day of launch there were a lot of issues with healing "lag" where you couldn't always heal or it just took some time before it started. Dunno.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2012-11-21 at 08:16 PM.
Old 2012-11-21, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
DaBigCheese
Private

-Which generator are we talking about ? The one in the middle of the domes ?
-Actually what are generator and SCU ? I only know about generator powering vehicle-block shield at amp station, and a generator in the middle of the bio dome, which I'm not sure powering what. Looking up wiki didn't help much either.
Old 2012-11-22, 02:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by windvally View Post
It's black and smoking and in a crushed shape. I assume that is the "Destroyed" status? Besides, the "background voice" announced countless times (for like 20 minutes) that the gen is destroyed.
Had the facility been captured, or were you trying to repair it whilst still trying to capture the facility? If you're still hearing announcements about 'generator destroyed' it makes me think the facility was still being fought over.

You destroy them as part of taking over the base, you can't then fix them till you've been succesfull. Once the base has flipped you can use the engie gun on them. If you can outrun all the other engies who'll be rushing from generator to generator for the easy XPs.....

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions