Systems: Political system+ outfit allaince - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: i dot gropped as a child
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 3.17 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-06-21, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dacrim
Corporal

Political system+ outfit allaince

So i was reading about this new MMO that just came out called TERA which has a political system and gives players a chance to vote for some kind of "vanarch" (i think thats what its called) who makes alot of decisions for the rest of the games community, organizes events, and voices the needs and wants of the game community to the developers. I think they also have some kind of control over certain Vendor NPCs in the game to a certain extent.( which dont exist in planetside, just mentioning for the sake of elaboration) The potential vanarchs are allowed to campaign and voice why they should be chosen.

I think thinking this would be a perfect feature for planetside if some changes were made. Such as having a counsel rather than an individual

Conditions
  • Each empire would elect a counsel of 5-10 outfit leaders
    • ( subject to change depending on how many serious/ competitive outfits that are present on a particular server)
  • The candidates must be outfit leaders
  • Each player is allowed 10 votes (based on how many positions are available) (they cannot vote for the same individual twice)
  • This council is given a dedicated channel to coordinate attacks.
  • members of the council get CR cap boost allowing for more abilities to earned(havent thought of any specific ones yet, just seemed like a cool idea :P)

Benefits
  • Outfits get more exposure which is a great recruitment tool
  • Players are encouraged to join an outfit to become part of an organized army
  • More players in outfits mean more coordinated/organized battles
  • The councils on each server can be given access to a dedicated forum to voice the wants of the community directly to the game devs.

extra ideas(these ideas cause a much higher level of complexity thus they may be omitted if neccesary)
  • For a more organized hierarchy the council can vote amongst themselves for a supreme commander, and a couple commanders, and finally a few vice commanders.(the counsel voting amongst themselves for this position is best considering that the council members who have been elected are competent as oppose to opening this vote to the entire populace)
  • People are allowed access to extra certifications as a result of having an outfit leader in the council.(this will further encourage players to join outfits and encourage outfit leaders to run for office)
  • If a vote by the entire populace is too much to ask for then maybe it should only occur amongst the outfit leaders?(to prevent outfit leaders of insignificant outfits from participating, the outfit leader must have at least 25 members to vote)

I can already hear all the pessimists chiming in about how many problems this will cause and how this idea is just plain unrealistic but i think if the devs really wanted to make this work it could definetly be done.

Changes can be made to specific points that were made so please dont nitpick, comments like that are not legitimate arguments because they can easily be adjusted to something that works a bit better. these are just my ideas for how the political system would work if it were put in the game, it can be utilized in a different manner.

I'd rather hear your opinions as to if political system would work at all

Since this is a military game with alot of organized outfits i think a political system would be a perfect fit! Despite the fact that this would be a very ambitious endeavor i know we could make this happen if we really wanted to.I think out of all MMOs we have to most attentive and responsive devs, community leaders and players.If we as a community wanted something like this and all got behind the idea we could definetly make it happen

So, what do you think? Is this a good idea?

edit:
  • Voting should be done on a per account basis to prevent individuals from changing to a different character and voting extra times. (I understand people can just make an extra account since its a free game but every idea has its limitations --- a possible solution for this would be a giving the voters a time frame to vote so they dont have time to log into their other account I.E. Voters have 10 min to place a vote, after a player has placed their vote they must remain logged in for the remainder of the voting time for their vote to be valid, preventing them from hopping on a different account and voting again )

Last edited by Dacrim; 2012-06-21 at 09:37 AM.
Old 2012-06-21, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dacrim
Corporal

Re: Political system+ outfit allaince

Dont forget to rate the idea at the top right of my first post. I really love this idea and want to know what you guys think
Old 2012-06-21, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rexdezi
Sergeant

I think the system in place, Outfit leaders and suchlike, is enough for this game. A Political system would take too much away imo... Were all soldiers, even the outfit leaders are generals. Not politicians.
Old 2012-06-21, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
elementHTTP
Sergeant

Yes great idea! Giving people power to vote
- like choosing leaders/officers who are most experienced / proved them self's in combat
- banning,kicking,reporting hackers/ spammers
- and it can be easily implemented in game UI
- it can potentiality make people to perform better in teams/combat ...etc

On another hand it must be properly balanced and hack proffed (imagine hacker becoming general or something along these lines )
Old 2012-06-21, 01:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Remove the Outfit Leader requirement. Some of us already have enough politics to deal with. Make it an outfit power that can be assigned to a member.
Old 2012-06-21, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
berzerkerking
Second Lieutenant

Ready the war Council!
Old 2012-06-21, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Dacrim
Corporal

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Remove the Outfit Leader requirement. Some of us already have enough politics to deal with. Make it an outfit power that can be assigned to a member.
Well, if what im proposing is too large scale then that is definitely a good solution.
Old 2012-06-21, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

No Central Command could work in Planetside. I've seen enough CR5 chat to say this! Too much too clever people with strong own opinions and weak interest in others'.

For larger scale organization I'd use the "social media" approach. You could sign up for mission of _your_ trusted commanders - no matter why you are interested in that given individual's missions, it is up to you. If you follow him (like on twitter), you get his updates. And you decide wheter you carry out that mission, ignore that or simply take note like "OK, that fellow outfit will do Hvar, I'll go with my 70 men platoon to Zurvan."

The best leaders would have a lot of followers, everyone would pretty much know what he is planning and act accordingly. The web of mutual signups between large outfits' leaders could result a great commanding tool.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault