From a tactical gamer, jaded by 'trendy' modern shooters - Page 16 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The Quotes have moved! Please scroll down.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #226
Stanis
Master Sergeant

Re: from a tactical gamer, jaded by 'trendy' modern shooters

Originally Posted by lawnmower View Post
the role is whatever you make it to be. how real life works have zero relevance on how you should make your game
careful.
Or they'll have us integrated with facebook in no time..

"Stanis needs bullets! Help him build an armoury for +10 bullets and get yourself an amazing bandolera too".
Old 2012-07-30, 06:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #227
BlueSkies
Staff Sergeant

Re: from a tactical gamer, jaded by 'trendy' modern shooters

Originally Posted by Stanis View Post
careful.
Or they'll have us integrated with facebook in no time..

"Stanis needs bullets! Help him build an armoury for +10 bullets and get yourself an amazing bandolera too".
... You can already earn station cash for PS2 on facebook
Old 2012-07-30, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #228
brighthand
Corporal

Re: From a tactical gamer, jaded by 'trendy' modern shooters

Originally Posted by psychosiszz View Post
Kill Zone 2 was never a good game.
I think Killzone 2 is one of the best shooters ever made for the following reasons:

-skillful, satisfying gunplay that demands practice and time before you can get good
-weighted feel and movement, which some people hate while others approbate
-custom servers (other devs don't do that on consoles because it confuses some players- I am not kidding, that is why they don't have it in other console games)
-robust clan support
-class balance (assault class not withstanding because it is eliminated in custom servers)
-class abilities balance (example, the sniper required you to keep your sixaxis controller steady in order to land a shot, and his spotting and cloaking was limited.
-dynamic spawn system by way of spawn grenades, which sometimes leads to spawn camping when used by an inexperienced tactician, but turns the map into an ever-changing battlefield that causes people to think on their feet and change tactics on the fly.
-slower pace meant thikning out most of your steps, as each step back from your original direction meant a loss in position that may or may not have been worth the regression.
-gloomy, grim artstyle that at the time was very cool. -I still like those skies and street lights in Salamaun Market and Helghan Industries.
-Proxy chat: you can talk to your enemy if he is near to you; think of the possibilities after a kill or capture.
-mix modes in the same game, especially assassin, when one live player on a team is designated a target and he has to rely on his team to keep him alive for the duration of the round.
-Excellent map design: the the maps arent bf2 large, and didn't have to be: they were built for what the game is: an infantry tactical shooter.
-32 players; I know this is a drop in the bucket for PC shooters but vs. the consoles' standard 24 players, this amount is quite a luxery

There are negatives of kz2, as no game is perfect, but as you can see: the list of positives is extensive. So I am curious as to why you seem adamant that kz2, considered a gem by many ardent players, is not a good game?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion