Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma - godfather of nerds everywhere
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-09, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Duddy
First Sergeant

Re: Sniper Skill Tree.....Please include Headshots and Prone

Originally Posted by Planetside View Post
No it requires less skill......Getting shot and healing yourself is less skillfull.

Real Snipers do headshots which are very hard to do and which Im supporting that the hard part is replicated in the game...So u will need lots of patience to do headshots.

Example....a Person with headshot vs a Sniper with no headshot....Will probably equal the person with no headshot winning because he has way better accuracy and does more damage to the body....Headshot Sniper, only does that headshot damage, his accruacy being awful will make him hard to use.

Prone should be slow to get in and out of.
Honestly, what real snipers do isn't entirely relevant, because otherwise it implies that you'd want to spend a lot more of your time in preparation for kills rather than getting them.

As for getting shot and healing, it happens. The fact is that if they do that you still have the advantage because they might not know where you are and you'll have the drop on them when they return to fire.

(Pro snipers just used to "do the dance" anyway, who needs to heal!)

Headshots just cause more trouble than they solve, and as you can see the community does not want them.

Also, your last paragraph makes little sense.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
NCLynx
Major

Oh look it's this thread again.

No.

On a more serious NOte. No. I hope sniping is changed up a little bit to how it was in the original, but headshots? Nahhhhhhhhhh
Old 2011-07-09, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
If headshots are implemented, I say make it a skill where if trained in, you either kill the enemy in one shot with a headshot or in 5 shots with regular shots. Your choice.
Thats exactly what I said.....Is gonna be part of the skill tree.

If you head shots, You will have worst accuracy,low rate of fire,less rounds per clip(2 or 3),more recoil, and body hits wont do lots of damage......If they add bullet curve over distance, is going to be way harder.

So like I said, a Regular Sniper vs Headshot Sniper who see eachother at the sametime...Regular Sniper should kick his ass.

Thats why Headshot sniper is going to be hard to use.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Real Snipers do headshots which are very hard to do and which Im supporting that the hard part is replicated in the game...So u will need lots of patience to do headshots.
No we don't. Well, military ones don't. We go for centre mass - it's a wider target with more chance of hitting. Headshots are Hollywood horse shit. Headshots at 1000 metres is retarded unless you have an optics set-up the size of a fucking observatory telescope. The head looks like a pinprick.

Jesus fucking christ.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Duddy
First Sergeant

Thats exactly what I said.....Is gonna be part of the skill tree.

If you head shots, You will have worst accuracy,low rate of fire,less rounds per clip(2 or 3),more recoil, and body hits wont do lots of damage......If they add bullet curve over distance, is going to be way harder.

So like I said, a Regular Sniper vs Headshot Sniper who see eachother at the sametime...Regular Sniper should kick his ass.

Thats why Headshot sniper is going to be hard to use.
Even under that pretense you're suggesting that they require the game to use up that much more resources, just so a small percentage can have headshots.

Not worth it.
Old 2011-07-09, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Dreamcast
Major

Originally Posted by Duddy View Post
Honestly, what real snipers do isn't entirely relevant, because otherwise it implies that you'd want to spend a lot more of your time in preparation for kills rather than getting them.

As for getting shot and healing, it happens. The fact is that if they do that you still have the advantage because they might not know where you are and you'll have the drop on them when they return to fire.

(Pro snipers just used to "do the dance" anyway, who needs to heal!)

Headshots just cause more trouble than they solve, and as you can see the community does not want them.

Also, your last paragraph makes little sense.
The you guys talk about headshots is as if Im saying headshots will be available to each sniper and you wont do sacrifices...I am saying you are going to do lots of sacrifices and you wont be op.

How can you be op, when a regular sniper who doesnt do headshots will most likely kick your ass one on one.....?
Old 2011-07-09, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
No we don't. Well, military ones don't. We go for centre mass - it's a wider target with more chance of hitting. Headshots are Hollywood horse shit. Headshots at 1000 metres is retarded unless you have an optics set-up the size of a fucking observatory telescope. The head looks like a pinprick.

Jesus fucking christ.
WIN
Old 2011-07-09, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Volw
First Sergeant

Do we have to have a bloke called Planetside spreading blasphemy?

Headshots won't happen. In real life, you are so often referring, real snipers take headshots extremely rarely. Centre of mass shot is considered as kill shot most of the time. Mostly because of a simple hit probability.

The only way I'd be fine with headshots is if they include ALL physics. Just to name a few: wind, elevation, air temp, pressure, humidity, spin drift, magnus effect etc. etc.

And since they won't as it's not a sim (!), then I'm against 'pro' snipers like yourself ruining the game for everyone else.

Edit: ahh, you were faster @Firefly
All that matters is that there is enough freedom, and enough fuckers to kill, in the game that Renegade Legion can do our thing. If there is that, then the rest of the game shall be bent to our will, just like the first one was. - Hovis [RL] on PS2

Renegade Legion
http://forums.renegade-legion.org

Last edited by Volw; 2011-07-09 at 08:01 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Zulthus
Colonel

Not worth it.
^
Old 2011-07-09, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Duddy
First Sergeant

The you guys talk about headshots is as if Im saying headshots will be available to each sniper and you wont do sacrifices...I am saying you are going to do lots of sacrifices and you wont be op.

How can you be op, when a regular sniper who doesnt do headshots will most likely kick your ass one on one.....?
It doesn't matter if another "normal" sniper can kick his ass.

If the "headshot" sniper can farm infantry with headshots it is not fair to the infantry.

Having a counter does not make it intrinsically balanced.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Vancha
Colonel

So they will suck sniping moving targets unless the guys is super amazing.
So straight away you've admitted headshots aren't for skillful players benefit (since moving targets are the "hard" targets). If headshots are nigh-impossible to land on moving targets, then you're saying headshots are for use against stationary targets, the main benefactors being the bad snipers who can only hit a still target.

Now non moving targets like u mentioned......Like I said ur accuracy is going to suck hard so each time u move ur gun, ur accuracy will screw up alot, the crosshairs wont be minimized for a while.

So while ur waiting to get ur gun to be accurate, a sniper can either kill u with a headshot or if he doesnt have headshot skill, hurt u and screw up your aim.
"A while" doesn't tell me much. You're going to need one hell of a slow resting crosshair to make that balanced. Almost impractically so.

Also, if an enemy sniper knows where you are, and you're waiting for your crosshair to rest on any target other than that sniper, you're doing something very wrong.

Also players will learn to move and not just camp.
Firing from behind cover is something I expect to exist in PS2. It may have faster-paced combat, but I doubt the front line will be changing so quickly that the majority of people never stop long enough for your "a while" crosshair to rest on their heads.

Edit: Aw damn. In the process of writing one of my overly lengthy replies, Firefly comes along and kills the guy.

Last edited by Vancha; 2011-07-09 at 08:08 PM.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Dreamcast
Major

It doesn't matter if another "normal" sniper can kick his ass.

If the "headshot" sniper can farm infantry with headshots it is not fair to the infantry.

Having a counter does not make it intrinsically balanced.

The thing is it will be hard....You specially when considering the other team has other snipers. So when the Headshot SNiper is aiming at infintry, a regular sniper would've just shot him......Also Infantry will learn to move around alittle bit more....Like I said the accuracy on the gun is going to be awful.

Originally Posted by Volw View Post
Do we have to have a bloke called Planetside spreading blasphemy?

Headshots won't happen. In real life, you are so often referring, real snipers take headshots extremely rarely. Centre of mass shot is considered as kill shot most of the time. Mostly because of a simple hit probability.

The only way I'd be fine with headshots is if they include ALL physics. Just to name a few: wind, elevation, air temp, pressure, humidity, spin drift, magnus effect etc. etc.

And since they won't as it's not a sim (!), then I'm against 'pro' snipers like yourself ruining the game for everyone else.

Edit: ahh, you were faster @Firefly
Read what the guy said that I quote....he mentioned Real Snipers use patience which PS1 simulates....I said Real Snipers who do headshots which are very hard to do which PS2 should replcate....I didn't say Sniper only do headshots, I said Sniper do them and they are hard so PS2 should do them hard.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Read what the guy said that I quote....he mentioned Real Snipers use patience which PS1 simulates....I said Real Snipers who do headshots which are very hard to do which PS2 should replcate....I didn't say Sniper only do headshots, I said Sniper do them and they are hard so PS2 should do them hard.
REAL FUCKING SNIPERS DO NOT FUCKING DO HEADSHOTS. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL YOU GODDAMNED SACK OF KNUCKLES. STOP TRASHING MY FUCKING PROFESSION WITH YOUR HOLLYWOOD BULLSHIT.
Old 2011-07-09, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Dreamcast
Major

So straight away you've admitted headshots aren't for skillful players benefit (since moving targets are the "hard" targets). If headshots are nigh-impossible to land on moving targets, then you're saying headshots are for use against stationary targets, the main benefactors being the bad snipers who can only hit a still target.
Moving targets will be hard to land a headshot on...Skillfull players could perhaps pull it off.

Bad Snipers who have Headshots who try to hit a sitting target will realize how long it takes to get good accuracy in the mean time, he will probably get shot at if he truly is a bad sniper since he will probably be in a bad spot.

"A while" doesn't tell me much. You're going to need one hell of a slow resting crosshair to make that balanced. Almost impractically so.

Also, if an enemy sniper knows where you are, and you're waiting for your crosshair to rest on any target other than that sniper, you're doing something very wrong.
and if you are waiting to rest on that sniper, that sniper accuracy is so much better he would've shot you and made u have 1/3 of health meaning next shot you're dead.

"A while" will depend on what the developers test is best

REAL FUCKING SNIPERS DO NOT FUCKING DO HEADSHOTS. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK FUCKING SKULL YOU GODDAMNED SACK OF KNUCKLES. STOP TRASHING MY FUCKING PROFESSION WITH YOUR HOLLYWOOD BULLSHIT.
Let me rephrase that for you since I offended you so much Mr.Sniper

When people do headshots in realife is very hard to do.....So Planetside should replicated.

The point still being, headshots should be hard.

Is that better for you?
Old 2011-07-09, 08:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Gogita
Master Sergeant

When people do headshots in realife is very hard to do.....So Planetside should replicated.
In real life guns need to be maintained well by cleaning the barrel and so on, should that also be simulated in Planetside just because it's realistic? No of course not! We do not care about realism if it will negatively impact gameplay.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion