Temporary Personal Shield for Adv Medics? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Submiting quotes since '03
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-30, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Marsman
Major

Good Discussion Folks. Lots of good pros and cons. I just wish Adv Med would be a little more effective. One of the better ideas I've seen was delaying the change to a backpack until the actualy moment of respawn. In addition, Adv Med can attempt to revieve all the way up to this point also. The respawning player might get a pop up with a "Someone is attempting to revieve you, do you wish to cancel respawn" allowing you to remain for the revieve. So many people are in the habit of clicking - even when you know you are standing next to an adv medic, I've done it myself often enough, that this type of system makes perfect sense. It expands choices for both the respawnee and medic and doesn't change existing gameplay. You can still wait to click if you remember, and you can still have the option of accepting a revieve if one comes along during the respawn process. Seems to be a win-win situation.
In anycase, I hope the devs find a way to make the adv role a little less frustrating and more useful to the gameplay process.
Old 2004-03-30, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I'm an Advanced Medic, and I don't think this change would really work. There isn't a real rational explanation for it. However, drag corpse is probably the best way to go. There have been many times I've thought about dropping Advanced Medic for something... that doesn't suck, but I've stopped myself, because of those rare occasions I do use it.
Old 2004-03-30, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

One of the better ideas I've seen was delaying the change to a backpack until the actualy moment of respawn. In addition, Adv Med can attempt to revieve all the way up to this point also.
That was the plan hehe. The reason you can't revive a player once they've hit the respawn button is because that's when it switches to being a backpack. And you can't revive a backpack now can you?

Last edited by Lartnev; 2004-03-30 at 04:32 PM.
Old 2004-03-30, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Medics put their lives out on the line to save others its a part of war, and Planetside. Its the price medics pay
Old 2004-03-31, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Biohazzard56
Medics put their lives out on the line to save others its a part of war, and Planetside. Its the price medics pay
No offense, but that's bullshit. I think that both Hacking and Medic need some lovin'. Big brother Engineering is in every third persons belt, and the REK's and MedApp's out there aer operated by a brave, understaffed group. Let everyone feel the love.

*Note* I apologize for the x-treme hippiness in this statement.
Old 2004-04-01, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
noodles
Private

Originally Posted by BDMJ
This would hurt adv med cloakers. Right now personal shield deactivates the cloak, and that is their only real defense!
as soon as u start to revive or heal you are visible anyway. Maybe not completely decloaked but definatly visible. I do, however, agree that a adv med personal sheild should not decloak a cloaker.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion