My simple Grief Modification Idea - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of: Original Chainsaw Knife.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-28, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

if your spalsh weapon is giving too much greif, don't use a splash weapon.

Old 2003-11-28, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I was a Pounder operator and Prowler gunner for weeks, and during all that time my grief never got above 130. Ever.

If a person kills the same friendly more than three times within a two-hour period, they should get an instant weapons lock. The odds of killing the same friendly three times within two hours by genuine accident are more remote than winning the daily number. I kill a friendly on average of once every six or seven days and I'm an avid plasma Thumper user and vehicle gunner.

If I can gun a Prowler and operate a Pounder simultaneously and not get grief, the fault lies not with the grief system.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-29, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

Well, if you NEED to take that shot, you should be willing to sacrafice your teammates.
Old 2003-11-29, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

But what if one of them would live to hack the tower, but since he's dead, the tower goes unhacked and the capture fails?

Life and death is too big a subject for a soldier. You are no use to your empire with a weapons lock.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-29, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
DramaticFanatic
First Sergeant

If the soldier that is going to hack the tower doesn't survive to hack the tower, how is he SUPPOSED to survive. If you wanted him to survive, then you would not have shot. If the explosion of the vehicle killed him, and if you shot the bullet, you shouldn't have shot.

Sameway, if he was GOING to die anyways, how would you stop that? Not shoot. It is your decision if you want to kill all those people or not. You get the grief for doing it, but if the vehicle you wanted to kill was so vital, then there is nothing to be done.
Old 2003-11-29, 01:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Hamma
PSU Admin

Grief aint broke, no need to change it

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-29, 10:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Veteran
I was a Pounder operator and Prowler gunner for weeks, and during all that time my grief never got above 130. Ever.

If a person kills the same friendly more than three times within a two-hour period, they should get an instant weapons lock. The odds of killing the same friendly three times within two hours by genuine accident are more remote than winning the daily number. I kill a friendly on average of once every six or seven days and I'm an avid plasma Thumper user and vehicle gunner.

If I can gun a Prowler and operate a Pounder simultaneously and not get grief, the fault lies not with the grief system.

I'm the same. My grief RAREly goes over 200. I have an instinctive ability from MOHAA that sort of allows me to know when NOT to fire. However, I sometimes fire anyways. Usually because I get pissed off with idiots running in front of me. If they want to run at the enemy, stay to one fricking side of the corridor, or at least away from me. But usually I can check my fire. And I usually don't grief on purpose to piss people off. Just occassionally. Usually when I come back to the game, all my grief is gone.
Old 2003-11-30, 06:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Bah, the greif system is perfect as it is. If you can't control your greif or splash damage then get the hell out of the guns and leave it to those who can. Lobbing a shell near friendlies to kill an enemy should give you greif.
Old 2003-11-30, 11:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Xxzard
Sergeant

well the greif is annoying. a story: so i was in the pounder TR max i was trying to enter a hallway full of friendlys and sitting right there where no one sees him but me is this lone cloaker and hes just shooting random people and everyone is turned away and i am the only one to see him. but pounder max is so explosive so i had to scream "help!" until someone finally looked around and shot the guy.
Old 2003-11-30, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jagd
Major

Did anybody notice they stealth buffed grief? Now your grief levels are in effect across all servers at the same time! So now if my Pounder gets in me in trouble, I can't log in and stealth around on Konreid to run down the weaponslock. That really sucks!
Old 2003-12-02, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
WolfA4
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rayder
If only those bastards that run in front of me while im fucking shooting would get grief, Id be happy.
i would settle for a window that pops up and flashes "hey idiot dont stand next to the exploding vehicle with a friggen pistol."
Old 2003-12-02, 02:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

U should only get grief if u directly hit an ally, maybe a little more if u kill him, if a splash attacks lands closer to an enemy, u should get very little or no grief, if the explosion of an enemy kills or hurts an ally, you should get very little or no grief, i think its too strict, seeing as being the occasionaly reaver pilot, its hard for a stry cluster missile not to hit an ally, as long as its not the closest target to the missile.

wow, i never realized that 2, is reqular font size
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-12-02, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
FireZ
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hamma
Grief aint broke, no need to change it
Its a little broken....not bad enough to warrent a major change though..

I get grief when someone runs me over....that should be fixed(not big, but a bug)

and splash damage. you kill a magmower that is running down your army and get grief because 3 people of the next 10 that are going to be run down by it. But don't forget that if you do that twice you are in the "excessive grief mode". in other words you take massive grief from just 1 bullet so remaining in the tank after you do this 2 or 3 times WILL weapons lock you.
Old 2003-12-02, 06:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
KIAsan
First Sergeant

They need to tweak grief a bit. I should not take 50 Grief because some dumb@$$ mossy driver decides to mid air collide with my Gal. There is no way that was any of my fault (unless you say Gals shouldn't be allowed to fly).

Also, why is it the zerg tries to swarm my tank for gunner spots (even though they are filled) and all I get are two choices: Sit quitetly for 5 minutes until they all get a clue and leave, or run a few over to get back into action. Hmm, which would you choose? Collison Grief should be a SHARED event. That way both parties will learn from the event.

KIAsan
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion