Opinions on Camo Options - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When shooting people in real life gets boring.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you like the camo options?
I like the camo options as they are 54 27.14%
I like the camo, but would rather it be faction coloured. 79 39.70%
I dont want any crazy camo options! 31 15.58%
Keep the camo but make crazy ones REALLY expensive 32 16.08%
Other (Please Post) 3 1.51%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-06-08, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Satch
Corporal

Opinions on Camo Options

Hey guys, noticed a few threads being put up about the camo in the game, especialy the Zebra type camo. Thought I'd make a poll to get a better idea of how people feel about it and please feel free to post your thoughts aswell. Would be nice if the Devs see the post and take action too

Last edited by Satch; 2012-06-08 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Haro
Master Sergeant

Re: Opinions on Camo Options

I like the option for camo, though I'm open to some modification for it. At the moment, I'm a bit concerned that it makes models to indistinguishable from spot judgement. Could mean friendly fire or people not shooting. Can't say for certain, but I do like the idea of having it in, and I thought the Reaver looked fantastic in desert camo.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zekeen
Major

I think having some crazy is a little off, like the hearts, and some is nice, like the zebra, but I'd like a zebra stripe of faction colors too. I think that would look awesome.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Synapse
First Sergeant

I want more camo options than this.
Old 2012-06-08, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dagron
Captain

I don't have a BIG problem with silly camos, but if they become too common and the game starts to look like Hat Fortress 2 then it's lame.

I guess making them very expensive would make only those people who really want them to buy, not everyone & their gramma.

Also, of course i'd like more camos than this, but serious ones.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-08 at 07:54 PM.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Retaliation
Private

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
I think having some crazy is a little off, like the hearts, and some is nice, like the zebra, but I'd like a zebra stripe of faction colors too. I think that would look awesome.
Are NC zebras blue with yellow stripes or yellow with blue stripes? Whatever the answer is I agree.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Crazy but in faction colours.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Zulthus
Colonel

Honestly, I wouldn't mind animal camo as long as it's in faction colors. It's just hard to IFF as it is.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Missundaztood
Corporal

Did anyone else hear during the game play video with totalbiscuit @E3 that cammo/appearance customizations will be fine tuned to suit the empire specific colours at release/beta?

I'm dead against a default standard customization (e.g. zebra print) that every player/empire can attain. The three empires should stick to the default colour palate they are assigned and any customization should be tailored to those colours.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Dagron
Captain

I'm fine with non silly, non faction color specific camos. It would for example be really stupid for NC to fight TR in a red desert type of environment if faction color schemes were strongly enforced.

Obviously no cross faction coloring should be allowed, but tans could benefit any empire, as would greens, grays, etc.

Plus, since your friends have big green names on top of their heads, i don't think IFF would be a big issue... friendly fire will always happen, but the hovering names should keep that to a minimum.

Last edited by Dagron; 2012-06-08 at 09:03 PM.
Old 2012-06-08, 08:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Satch
Corporal

Yeah, im definatley one for keeping all the camo options in the game but making it faction specific. Eg:
TR -Red/Black
NC-Blue/Yellow
VS-Purple/teal
Old 2012-06-08, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
I want more camo options than this.
I think down the road it would be nice to have camo options that very much suit the terrain for all factions. My reasoning being, we'd all be more practiced at picking out the enemy by shape, movement, and location so having some gear that blends in better would be neat.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm fine with the zebra skin. Why be a stick in the mud? Life's too short.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Truemedic
Private

When I first saw the camo I had no doubts about why the put zebra and tiger skin in and Higby explained the reason. One of the things people are forgetting is where the zebra camo would be used and that is a white element called, Snow... We have another continent that we haven't see yet that will have snow and that's where the Zebra will shine, just like the Tiger skin shines in a desert.

I have full confidence in the dev teams decision to implement these skins as they have said they will not design anything that doesn't fit in a battlefield but things can have some flare.
Old 2012-06-08, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Draz
Private

I think making every camo faction colors will greatly reduce the amount of camos sold. People want to spend money to set themselves apart, faction-colored camos won't even be significantly distinguishable from one another.
Old 2012-06-08, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I voted: "I like the camo, but would rather it be faction coloured."

I like the different options, but I have to say that I would slightly prefer stuff like zebra stripes to be more faction color based. Not necessarily purple and teal zebra stripes for the VS, but maybe teal and dark grey, or purple and light grey.

But I don't have a problem if they decide to keep zebra camo and shit. It's not my first choice, but it doesn't bother me at all.

A good compromise would be to have faction specific versions of all of the styles. Why not? More variety = more options to sell. Or if they want to make a single cash shop item more valuable, you could make the purchase of zebra stripes allow you to pick between black and white, as well as a couple of faction specific colorations for the same pattern, all in one purchase

Last edited by Xyntech; 2012-06-08 at 10:03 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion