Nerfing the teamplay elements seems like a good choice... right? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: OMG, HE HAX
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-02-08, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Frozn
Private

Nerfing the teamplay elements seems like a good choice... right?

So a while back SOE went to the direction of nerfing the air constantly. While they gave walker a buff to fight ESF's they made it obvious that they wanted ground to be superior over air. This was mostly due to the fact that a lot of solo and outfit's didn't utilize air properly and any outfit that did would **** in the field(i know this because we ran full on air squads at all times and destroyed zergs with them within minutes). While it was ok to me to nerf the air a little it should still be superior to ground armor by a large margin.
Now they are nerfing the Annihalators because they are OP compared to air and ground. Let me ask you this, if an ESF or a tank goes 1on1 with a Heavy assault with a lock on rocket launcer who wins? Thought so. When you have 20 annihalators you SHOULD by all logic be able to absolutely obliterate any single vehicles because you are by far greater in numbers and firepower. When 20 ESF's go up against that rocket team, the infantry don't stand a chance because they cant take them all down. This encourages not only the infantry to use teamwork to be powerful, but also the air and ground. If you sell your game as heavily team focused then why on earth are you making nerfs to all tactics that encourage that? What you are doing now is catering to those people who whine about teamwork based tactics being powerful instead of making them actually learn how to counter that with another team based tactic.
Now don't get me wrong, the one second add to the lock on won't make them useless, probably won't even make that big of a difference to my outfit, but the general direction you are going in completely goes against what you are saying this game is about. I'm more than open to hear a proper argument that suggests im wrong.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion