PSU: don't you open that trap door!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2004-06-23, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TheN00b
Colonel

Teh Ban

So I'm sitting back in my dad's office chair, typing random searches into Google for the hell of it, and I decide to look up 'teh ban' just for the hell of it. I'd probably get a bunch of gamer/nerd/hacker sites, right? Wrong. Turns out Teh Ban is a real person, a very important one, at that; he's the vice president of some such big asian company. But here, have a look yourself, at the amazing Teh Ban:

http://www.digitimes.com/NewsShow/Ar...ages=A6&seq=36
Old 2004-06-23, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
YankeeDoodle
Corporal

So?
Old 2004-06-23, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

The page you are trying to open is available only for our members.
Sign in if you wish to continue. New users please register first.
No.
Old 2004-06-23, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Spee
Colonel

Old 2004-06-23, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheN00b
Colonel

Originally Posted by Onizuka
No.
It doesn't work for you? Wierd, I never had to register...
Old 2004-06-23, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

Originally Posted by From the Site
Interview with Teh Ban Seng, Seagate vice president of Asia Pacific Sales and Marketing
Printer friendly

Related stories

Comments

Email to a friend

Jimmy Hsu, Taipei; Jessie Shen, DigiTimes.com [Wednesday 9 June 2004]

With the announcement of 11 new hard drive models to be launched in the second half of this year, disk drive giant Seagate Technology is looking to diversify its product selection by expanding further into the server, desktop PC, notebook and consumer electronics markets.

DigiTimes interviewed Seagate vice president of Asia Pacific Sales and Marketing Teh Ban Seng about new products, capacity expansions and future prospects. The following are excerpts from the interview conducted in Chinese.

Q: In which area is the company focusing on, to meet all of the new hard disk applications appearing in the market?

A: We currently make products for a wide range of applications including enterprise servers, desktop PCs, notebooks and consumer electronics. Demand for PCs is seeing a worldwide slowdown with the exception of the markets in China and India.

Q: Could you tell us something about Seagate�s second-half product lineup?

A: For enterprise servers, we are going to unveil a 500 GB, 15,000rpm, 2.5-inch SCSI hard drive. We will also introduce a 10,000rpm serial attached SCSI (SAS) drive.

In the PC market, the Barracuda series have been updated to an eighth-generation (8G) serial ATA (SATA) drive with storage capacities ranging from 250 to 420 GB, from the current 80-250 GB. We plan to launch external 1-inch, 2.5-inch and 3.5-inch drives with USB 2.0, in sizes from 5GB to 400 GB, in the third quarter.

The new Momentus series for notebooks will be released in the third quarter- with speeds of 7200rpms and capacities of 60-100 GB. Also, we will launch a 2.5-inch product line with 20-100 GB of hard disk space.

In addition, there will be some available products for portable applications and consumer electronics, like our new drive for DVD recorders that will support from 250-400 GB. And, we have been in development of new one-inch drives as well, and expect to begin volume production in July or August. For this product, we are at an early stage and still taking customer orders.

Q: Maxtor has extended its production capacity to a new plant in Suzhou, Jiangsu Province (China). Will Seagate follow suit and set up any new plants for capacity expansion?

A: Total hard drive shipments hit 18 million units in the first quarter, with monthly capacity of at least six million. Production lines from both plants in Singapore and Wuxi, Jiangsu Province (China) are still able to meet market demand. However, we aren�t ruling out capacity expansion in the future as market demand continues to grow.

Q: How does Seagate plan to distinguish itself from its competitors?

A: Recently, much of the competition vied to increase their SATA market shares by cutting prices; Seagate was able to maintain about half of the global market. One of our strategies is shortening time-to-market, in which we work to optimize production efficiency and lower equipment costs. In addition, we are continuously developing our vertically integrated supply chain in order to strengthen our position.

Q: What are your plans for the portable application market as portable products become mainstream?

A: Seagate is targeting the personal electronics market, in particular, MP3 players, PDAs and digital still cameras by offering a range of one-inch drives. Results from our product diversification strategy should deliver in the second half.
Violated by ChiaHamma
Old 2004-06-23, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Khronos
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TheN00b
It doesn't work for you? Wierd, I never had to register...
me either, and my friend and i got a chuckle out of reading this hhehe
Old 2004-06-23, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Teh Ban pwns!
Old 2004-06-23, 07:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Onizuka
Lieutenant General

Old 2004-06-23, 08:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Everay
Major General

i have one of Teh Bans Hard Drives...
Old 2004-06-23, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheN00b
Colonel

Heh, this is more of a chuckle thread than a 'ROFLMAO ' thread.
Old 2004-06-23, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Haha.

"oh noes, they put teh ban on your hard drive!"
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge