Dopp's Controversial Ideas to save AV - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pour Some Shookup Ramen!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-18, 03:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Yes personnaly I have to agree that max's are perhaps a little too easy fodder for surging agile Deci users, yet another reason why i want it to go to a 1 per tube option, you want the power you gotta tkae the drawbacks.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2004-01-18, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gigabein
By infantry support you mean an advanced medic and engineers to recharge the max when he gets smeared by the deci's that so many infantry carry? I don't think 3 direct hits is asking for too large of a dmg reduction - it just means you have to aim better in the hallways.
No, by infantry I mean troops fighting along side the MAX.

MAX units are lame and too powerful IMHO. They need a counter other then just another MAX unit.

Just a few AA MAX units can clear the skys over a base and just a few AI MAX units can butcher enemy infantry at will... each kills a full Rexo in less than 1 second. The ONLY way infantry can fight back is with the Deci and its only good if they have a place to use as cover inbetween shots. If not you will get one shot off and die.

For the cert costs MAX units are well worth it especially if you are VS with the super MAX units they have...
Old 2004-01-18, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Doppler
Yes personnaly I have to agree that max's are perhaps a little too easy fodder for surging agile Deci users, yet another reason why i want it to go to a 1 per tube option, you want the power you gotta tkae the drawbacks.
I disagree the TTK for an AI MAX is faster than the TTK for a Decimator vs. MAX. If you nerf the ONLY effective weapon the infantry have vs MAX units you will see lots of MAX units and lots of dead infantry.

Personally, I'd like to see this game without HA and without MAX units for just a few days. I bet it's a LOT more fun.
Old 2004-01-18, 05:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BadAsh
No, by infantry I mean troops fighting along side the MAX.

MAX units are lame and too powerful IMHO. They need a counter other then just another MAX unit.

Just a few AA MAX units can clear the skys over a base and just a few AI MAX units can butcher enemy infantry at will... each kills a full Rexo in less than 1 second. The ONLY way infantry can fight back is with the Deci and its only good if they have a place to use as cover inbetween shots. If not you will get one shot off and die.

For the cert costs MAX units are well worth it especially if you are VS with the super MAX units they have...
A deci nerf isn't going to affect AA maxes so that point is irrelevant. As for AI/AV MAXes, have you played on both sides of the line to get a real grasp of the situation? When I had SA certed, finding a MAX indoors was like Christmas day... a nice big exp gift. It is pretty unfair to get so totally dominated in an environment where you're supposed to have an advantage (AI maxes at least). I think a dmg reduction to the deci vs. MAXes is reasonable and warranted.

Last edited by Gigabein; 2004-01-18 at 05:32 AM.
Old 2004-01-18, 05:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

Phoenix=Sucks
Stryker=Ok
Lancer= a f'ing joke

Please do not touch the decimator
Old 2004-01-18, 06:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

Buff AV, and tone down deci's vs MAXes.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Gigabein
Buff AV, and tone down deci's vs MAXes.
Buff the Striker and Lancer and leave the phoenix and deci alone.

The Phoenix is the best of the lot. When attacking an enemy base you can shoot over the walls and hit anything at will. By just targeting max units, vehicles, and the vehicle terminal a small group of phoenix users can shut down the entire CY defense. It's also great for harrassing and killing snipers. They have a choice to run or die once you target them.

It kills a max in 3 shots so indoors you nearly have a decinator on your hands. But, the phoenix in dumb fire mode travels faster and straighter than a decimator so IMHO it's still better for that use.
Old 2004-01-18, 06:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Buff AV missles to deci damage with the same rate of fire (do something equivalent for the VS). Keep the empire specific AV though (fly-by-wire, radar lock, energy beam) and keep the empire specific ammo ammounts. Would still be hard to kill any vehicle, but would make the vehicle drivers more reluctant to go charging in on a group of infantry. Also, you would see fewer mossies hovering a 15 feet above the heads of troops as they shoot them up.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-01-18, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I don't agree with this, i would keep everything as except bump up that AV damage to vechs alot, and mak the deci AV as it should be

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-18, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Doppler
Contributor
Major

This whould be acceptable to me as well i'm sick of SA being the ala carte cert and AV getting the shaft. Oh and for all you little dips who are going to say "Well then cert SA" it bothered me when i was a SA trooper as well.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion