don't soldiers have hands and legs? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Captain, Jean Luc Picarrrrrd, U.S.S. Enterprrrise
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-22, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

don't soldiers have hands and legs?

wouldn't be cool if you could do some nice hand to hand combat, and maybe a nice kick or two? make four types of attacks:

1)sneak hit, empire specific but it's not according to who's hitting, more who's getting hit. does 70 damage to health. if you sneak up on someone from behind you can do this. NC will be hit on the back of the head, TR would get a karate chop to the neck cause the head is too thick, and VS would get an atomic wedgie cause they're geeks.

2)a nice punch. NC get brass nuckles.

3)kick, not much more to say

4)empire specific hit that drops stamina to -100. TR give you a nice kick to the head. NC bitchslap you and VS kick in the balls and run away.

p.s: if you can't tell it's late and my brain is dead.
Old 2004-02-22, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Meh, it's only from like what? 10 - the next day over there.

We have a knife.
Old 2004-02-22, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Mognoc
Sergeant

Are you sure you're not drunk too? This actually wouldn't be half bad if taken seriously. It'd also give Infils the needed buff, the ReXo buff pretty much reduced Infils to ghost hackers...And who needs a knife when you've got a gun? Some guy sent me a /tell saying 'Lets have a knife fight' I agreed, and we met at a bridge. He pulled out his knife, I pulled out mine, he ran at me, I pulled out my MagScatter and blew him to hell.
Old 2004-02-22, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Mognoc
/tell saying 'Lets have a knife fight' I agreed, and we met at a bridge. He pulled out his knife, I pulled out mine, he ran at me, I pulled out my MagScatter and blew him to hell.
Thats just cheap. And yet horribly funny at the same time
Old 2004-02-22, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I would like melee attacks, i.e. hitting with gun, but actual fighting would be just, gay. This is planetside, not mortal combat

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-02-22, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Knifes pwn when using them correctily
Old 2004-02-22, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Knives are enough.

Old 2004-02-22, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dharkbayne
I would like melee attacks, i.e. hitting with gun, but actual fighting would be just, gay. This is planetside, not mortal combat
But hasn't Planetside touch base on about every genre of gaming exect fighting.
Think about it its a Flight sim, a Driving game, a Frist person shooter, a RPG, a MMOG, the list goes on, adding a fighting aspect to the game would complete its rule

P.s. Flame away I dare ya
Old 2004-02-22, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

bah knifes are good enough.

Wo0t mythbusters is on, back to whoring in a few

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-02-22, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

I wouldn't mind the ability to pistol-whip some mofo's with my beamer. At least it would do more damage that way.
Old 2004-02-22, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SealDude
Private

Yey mythbusters! Well you know then PS needs mechs and pets you can take care of and maybe you can marry ppl and then you can build your house and design it and make a car and race in races and play basketball and baseball and lacrosse and then you can goto a club and get your groove on and then you can make a movie and star in it and then and then and then... would you like that Batousai? Because PS needs everything you know.
Old 2004-02-22, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Pistol whip would be good cause if you run out of ammo in the field and there is no ams around and you dont have time to take out another weapon(which has happened to me several times) then you could use a quick hit to at least put some blood on their uniform. I thats another thing to this game needs blood and lots of it. But not as much as like...... unreal tournament. Thats way to much. But like a realistic amount.

Old 2004-02-22, 10:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If armor is enough to stop blunt-trauma from point-blank weapon impacts, I imagine it would render punches and kicks pretty harmless.

No hit-locations (thanks to cheaters), so you couldn't argue that a strong kick might crush their trachea, etc.

The knife will have to do.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-02-22, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MidnightDave
Contributor
Master Sergeant

i'd like the ability to but someone in the face with the back of my rifle if I run outta ammo, sort of stun em for a second.
Old 2004-02-22, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Mognoc
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
If armor is enough to stop blunt-trauma from point-blank weapon impacts, I imagine it would render punches and kicks pretty harmless.

No hit-locations (thanks to cheaters), so you couldn't argue that a strong kick might crush their trachea, etc.
Cheaters. They're responsible for a lot in this game...I'd be willing to bear a few just for the sake of having hit locations...Dave, read what Veteran said. And I think they did make it so you lose stamina as a result of taking damage, I'm pretty sure a sniper shot that got me today wiped out my stamina (I was surging toward a tower. [In ReXo, I'm no surge monkey]) and then I was reduced to a corpse in a few seconds.

Melee attacks (ala Halo) would actually be a great addition to the game, a couple of times today I died because the other guys gun reloaded faster then my Hammer.

Last edited by Mognoc; 2004-02-22 at 11:47 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion