So. I guess no E3 news - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What is that smell?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-06-08, 05:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
LordReaver
First Sergeant

Re: So. I guess no E3 news

Yes, but that's all you have, is an assumption. Remember, SOE doesn't exactly have a good track record in the marketing department.
Old 2011-06-08, 06:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Azren
Sergeant Major

Well, the same could be said for you. Why not just wait and see?
Old 2011-06-08, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Nobel
Master Sergeant

Well, theyve announced a new game yesterday, something about "The Heist" no mention of EQN or PsN at their booth, if we dont get one of those two announcements today, I believe we have a very very low chance of hearing anything :/
Old 2011-06-08, 09:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
smogzy
Private

First post here (played PS a long time ago, interested in PS2)...

Maybe something incoming on Ten Tonn Hammer E3 blogg here, but its a longshot, no specific mention apart from EQN but heres fingers crossed....

"We'll be posting all these stories more in depth as the week winds on, but I just wanted to give you guys a quick update as I head to my next appointment: Sony Online Entertainment. I'm told Executive Producer, Dave Georgeson will be talking all things EverQuest including EverQuest Next so it should be a doozy. I'll let you know how it went after the meeting. Talk soon!"
Old 2011-06-08, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
MgFalcon
Captain

All that time I watched E3 is WASTED!! Nothing about PS:N... Although I'm very excited about Vita (with LBP), CoD, and Assassins Creed 4
Old 2011-06-08, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Naeadil
Corporal

SOE is holding a stream on Stickam today from e3.

Join us for our first ever live cast from the E3 show floor. Your hosts Linda "Brasse" Carlson and Aimee "Ashlanne" Rekoske will bring you live to the 2011 SOE E3 booth! Meet the folks giving game demos and hear all about the SOE titles being shown. You don't want to miss this cast!
http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/p...pic_id=1212862

http://www.stickam.com/sonyonline
Old 2011-06-08, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Well since that announcement isn't even present on the Planetside forums i doubt we will see anything PS related in that web cast.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2011-06-08, 12:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Aractain
Major

Predictions:

EQ2s 3D stuff, future content approach (hint everyone else is doing small regular updates so they are too!), other stuff

EQ3 hints.

We have another, NEW, game with guns in it! Its called...

Kiddie Gun Game FREEPLAY!

:|
Old 2011-06-08, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Naeadil View Post
I listened to the little bit of the previous SOE Podcast (20 year old girls talking about Starbucks, I shit you not) where they previewed what they would talk about at E3, and it wasn't encouraging for Planetside Fans. It's all going to be about Everquest and its different permutations. They said they'd kind of chat with people working the booth, (like Brasse and Smokejumper) and thats it.

Don't get your hopes up for any Planetside information at all from this webcast.

Last edited by Raymac; 2011-06-08 at 12:13 PM.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Platinumstorm
Private

I don't mean to be a party pooper but Planetside isn't exactly the kind of title to generate buzz at E3, especially against Battlefield and Call of Duty [but mostly Battlefield for PC]. It's probably best for the game to say nothing about it at E3, otherwise it would be utterly overshadowed, and they might even have to change their development focus so that it can remain competitive against Battlefield 3, which provides large scale battles for free vs sub. Keep in mind, so many people, including myself, as basically planning their PC upgrade schedule around BF3; and when you can get people to say they want to spend $500-1500 to play a $50 game, there's a lot of power in that.

Everquest has a much larger name recognition, and a larger fan base, so they can talk about that game more easily.

I could be wrong, but if I was doing marketing I'd rather talk about Planetside after E3, but before any other big stuff is really revealed, if its possible to discuss it.
Old 2011-06-08, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Platinumstorm View Post
I don't mean to be a party pooper but Planetside isn't exactly the kind of title to generate buzz at E3, especially against Battlefield and Call of Duty [but mostly Battlefield for PC]. It's probably best for the game to say nothing about it at E3, otherwise it would be utterly overshadowed, and they might even have to change their development focus so that it can remain competitive against Battlefield 3, which provides large scale battles for free vs sub.
BF3 is probably 64 players. In Planetside I feel "large scale battles". I've never felt that when playing Battlefield. The objectives and fighting are just different. I'm not sure you can directly compare an FPS with an MMOFPS. (Not that people won't try).
Old 2011-06-08, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

DUST is aiming for 32 players currently according to this interview:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...t-514-and-eve/

BF games usually hit the same number; you may get the odd server that's 64 but most of the maps are made around the 32 player number and as for COD:MW... talking to some of my students today who have grown up with pathetic 16 player games, they were amazed that there were games bigger than it.

PS2 could and should use the massive nature of the game to sell itself and piss on the standard shooters fire; its (almost) the only game of its calibre, especially one that's (hopefully) in development.
Old 2011-06-08, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Raymac
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Platinumstorm View Post
I don't mean to be a party pooper but Planetside isn't exactly the kind of title to generate buzz at E3, especially against Battlefield and Call of Duty [but mostly Battlefield for PC]. It's probably best for the game to say nothing about it at E3, otherwise it would be utterly overshadowed, and they might even have to change their development focus so that it can remain competitive against Battlefield 3, which provides large scale battles for free vs sub. Keep in mind, so many people, including myself, as basically planning their PC upgrade schedule around BF3; and when you can get people to say they want to spend $500-1500 to play a $50 game, there's a lot of power in that.

Everquest has a much larger name recognition, and a larger fan base, so they can talk about that game more easily.

I could be wrong, but if I was doing marketing I'd rather talk about Planetside after E3, but before any other big stuff is really revealed, if its possible to discuss it.
I see what you are saying in that bigger marquee names at E3 can tend to steal the thunder, however there's no avoiding that. This isn't the Battlefield 3 vs. MW3 Expo. This is E3. There are dozens and dozens of game titles being advertised there, so obviously people whose job it is to actually market games think making announcements from something other than BF or COD is still a good idea.

In fact, it could be argued that E3 is the best time for a smaller title to make an announcement (like we've already seen from just about every developer in the business) because you have all the gaming press in the world focused on this 1 spot all week long.

I'm glad you are so excited for BF3, it looks like a great game, but it's not some massive black hole that will suck in the energy from any other game at E3.
Old 2011-06-08, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Aractain
Major

ArenaNet specifically stated they WONT be at E3 (but at lots of other shows instead - more communifty focused approach).

Since PSN/2 is not really offical yet right they can't do that? lol?
Old 2011-06-08, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

They will not be talking about PS2. .
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion