So is C4 getting nerfed or not? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pennsylvania State University
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-07-18, 04:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rolfski
Major

Re: So is C4 getting nerfed or not?

The single thing that makes C4 balanced is the annoying delay between throwing and setting it off.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-07-18 at 04:53 PM.
Old 2013-07-18, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
If an infantry guy rushing a tank/sundy kills it 1 or 2 times out of 4... then Tanks/Sunderers are massively UP.
So you dont actually play the game do you?
You will NEVER kill a tank by rushing it.

You either have to flank and sneak up in cover.
Or find an idiot driver who parks beside building(just like RL going close to building you dont control is crazy dangerous in a tank.)

It actually is takes some skill to sneak up on a tank and even then you die instead of the tank more often than not(like 3 out 4 times.)

Good tank crews who work in pairs or squads essentially never die to C4.
Old 2013-07-18, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
phungus
Master Sergeant

I don't see why C4 should be changed at all.

Edit:
Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
...You will NEVER kill a tank by rushing it.

You either have to flank and sneak up in cover.
Or find an idiot driver who parks beside building(just like RL going close to building you dont control is crazy dangerous in a tank.)

It actually is takes some skill to sneak up on a tank and even then you die instead of the tank more often than not...
Ghost9 pretty much covers it here. I use a tank the least of any class, along with medic, but I do roll tanks often enough, and I pull sunderers all the time. Every time my tank has been blown up by C4 it happened because I was close to a building (as Ghooest9 states) or I have been in a mass of infantry where if the C4 hadn't gotten me the HA rockets were about to. Every time I have died to C4, in a MAX, in a tank, or even the one time someone got me with drifter jets in the canyons of Indar in my Lib, every single time I have died to C4 it has been because of errors I made or excellent play by my opponent, I have never once thought C4 was overpowered on battlefield.

Last edited by phungus; 2013-07-18 at 06:03 PM.
Old 2013-07-18, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Kirotan
Corporal

I am fine either way with the current or proposed change. 2 bricks on the test server at the time put an MBT into the red, like a sunderer. You'd have to be patient and hide or look for a wounded MBT. This would make it harder, but C4'ing a tank in the middle of a fight, even if you didn't destroy it, is seriously crippling and makes a difference.

I think the real problem is drop pods, with people landing on tanks and planting c4 before there's time to react (or even having the drop podder render!).
Old 2013-07-18, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
phungus
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Kirotan View Post
I think the real problem is drop pods, with people landing on tanks and planting c4 before there's time to react (or even having the drop podder render!).
Ugh, drop pods. They are also the bain of liberators. And yeah, the ability to kill a tank before you render by using a pod is arguably broken. Did you know ESFs can stop drop pods dead though? Just a couple ESFs can completely stop a platoons' worth of drop pods, I've seen a few battles won this way but surprisingly very few outfits or pilots themselves know how to or bother to use the ESF as a drop pod interceptor.
Old 2013-07-18, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
camycamera
Major

i read on the official forums that on the test server MTB's and lightnings had their health buffed again, so putting 2 C4 on an MBT will just set it on fire, and putting it on a lightning will set it on fire with only 5 seconds to get out to repair it or something. i haven't tried it myself because i cant be fucked downloading 6 gb with of updates on the test server, so yeah, hop on the test to confirm this.
Old 2013-07-18, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
typhaon
Sergeant Major

LOL.

Has the current cheese tactic of beacons being dropped and squads podding down and C4'ing entire armor groups not made it to your server, yet?

If not... consider yourselves lucky.

No amount of this magical AWARENESS you think people in tanks just lack is going to save you from this.
Old 2013-07-18, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Palerion
Sergeant Major

That's a droppod problem, not a C4 problem. I believe droppods are going to be made less steer-able and less abusable very soon.
Old 2013-07-19, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
RANDOMpercent
Private

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
LA has extra speed.

If you were not aware, sorry.
The extra speed is from a possible slot. But it only increases speed by a marginal amount only when sprinting that's really only noticeable when travelling long distance. Most people use Nanoweave or Flak instead.

P.S. I also forgot the recent changes to drifter jets that increases LA speed, but if their using that then they can't fly over the tank from the ground.
Old 2013-07-19, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
ElVencedor
Private

No C4 nerf please. That would take a lot excitement and a little skill out of the game in my opinion. Also, what's going to stop tank zergs if TRG can't pull a platoon of light assaults to stop an NC tank column at the Traverse?? Answer is NO ONE.
Old 2013-07-19, 04:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
EvilNinjadude
Second Lieutenant

ITT: SHOULD C4 be nerfed.

This thread got kinda hijacked in that direction.

Should C4 be nerfed? Hell no. If you're sitting still, you're farming (tank) or deployed (Sunderer). There are certs that make C4 next to useless (Blockade armor for Sunderer, Composite for Harasser, as examples) and tanks should stay away from buildings anyway.

I like using C4 to blow up stationary targets. If they're moving, it quickly becomes impossible, and I have to pull a HA instead.
Old 2013-07-19, 06:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Shogun
Contributor
General

no nerf or buff in ps2 makes sense before the TTK is at least doubled.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-07-19, 07:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
RobUK
Corporal

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
But really it's a hard maneuver to pull off. If an MBT is not observant and is camping somewhere stationary, it deserves to blow up. If a sundy is not being defended, same deal.
I keep reading this here, on Reddit and on the official forums.

I don't have a problem with C4, I use it myself quite a lot. But I don't see the point in keep on pretending that it's difficult to blow MBT's up with it. Sure, there are some times when it's a very silly thing to try, but more often than not I find that I have the advantage over vehicles unless it's out in the big wide open field.

C4 needs to stay as it is because it's pretty much the only hard counter to MBT's and without it the tank zergs would be even worse than they are now.

But it is pleasingly simple and very rewarding exp wise to use against them and not as tricky as some people would like others to believe.
Old 2013-07-19, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
HelpLuperza
Corporal

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
That's a droppod problem, not a C4 problem. I believe droppods are going to be made less steer-able and less abusable very soon.
Considering they have already had a patch to reduce damage, I agree with you.

Also, I agree that C4 is not the problem, it can be the go to counter for most of the what people might consider the most imbalanced things in the game. It high cost especially with the resource changes, make using effectively, even more important.
Old 2013-07-19, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Badjuju
First Sergeant

It doesn't need a nerd, just needs to be removed from light assault. Its far to easy for LA to get cheep infantry kills which are detrimental to even the most coordinated defenses at little effort.

I'd really like to see LA get a complete overhaul. As it stands they are nothing more than a solo class that breaks down the competitive aspects of the game via shotgun/c4/jumpjet combo. Not that I'm against a strong solo class, but it would be great to see them get some utility and be less of a crutch class for picking up easy kills.

But yea, I think c4 is fine asside from LAs.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion