News: FULL GU04 Patch Notes 13/03/2013 - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please turn off all cellphones before entering forums.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-13, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
ringring
Contributor
General

Re: FULL GU04 Patch Notes 13/03/2013

I've played a little and the prowler nerf isn't as severe as I thought it might be (I can't speak for HE as I only use HEAT).

So, I'm happy enough. (although sad to be leaving the SW corner of Indar, those bases towards the East were good farm land).

It will be interesting if TI Alloys continues to be a monster farm. When TR had the north and VS the south I defended TI Alloys a few times and it never turned into the farm that it did recently and VS did not bring as many tanks as the TR did.

In the later days of TR attacking from the south it started to play out differently and the large score (for me at least) stopped happening - I think the NC lost their 'I must rush towards death again' instinct.

Will NC try to play TI Alloys like the TR? *wonders*
Old 2013-03-13, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I welcome a lot of this. Passive gain is great. VR is brilliant. Rumble seats are genius. But some stuff puzzles me

Shooting through SCU shields should no longer impact projectile range
Shouldn't shields....you know....shield against projectiles altogether?

TR Claymores: Reduced inner blast radius by 1.5 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 1 meter. Increased inner damage by 25 points.
NC Bouncing Betties & VS Proximity Mines: Reduced inner blast radius by 0.5 meters. Reduced outer blast radius by 1 meter. Increased inner damage by 25 points.
This says to me that mid-level flak or high level nanoweave will now not stop an insta death? Will probably find out. The claymore alteration seems harsh since an enemy player can be in the position relative to roughly 270 degrees of the outside of the mine and not take ANY damage, where the vanu and nc mines have zero degrees where you dont take any damage.

The prowler changes I don't really care about because I roll AP. I must be in the minority. I seem to give a big surprise to enemy armor when we meet

ESF: 400 xp, increased from 75 xp
MBTs: 500 xp, increased from 100 xp
Lightning: 400 xp, increased from 100 xp
xp party! 1000xp for alpha boost+platinum member to kill maggies and vannies!? Fuck, hurry up download

Old 2013-03-13, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Biscuit
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
xp party! 1000xp for alpha boost+platinum member to kill maggies and vannies!? Fuck, hurry up download
dang, can you imagine having all of that and then getting double xp weekend on top of it?
Old 2013-03-13, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Why did they change the hotspot colours, Is that a colour blind thing?
Its now red or yellow.
Which one is your own factions?

I cant see the point to this change even tho I had nfi exactly how they worked previously.
At least you knew which faction was attacking, now when you share a border with both the other factions you cant tell which one is making the push.

Outfit is showing everyone online when I am the only one.

"Back" and "Next" buttons become grayed out and do not function once the player reaches the beginning or end of the leaderboards
The "go to top" and "find me" buttons are now disabled on the friend and outfit leaderboards
When you first open the Leaderboard you are already at the top so the Back and Next buttons remain disabled as soon as you open it! The Next button should not be disabled.

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-03-13 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
ringring
Contributor
General

re: claymores

I have 110 kills with 35% accuracy, which I take to mean that 35% of the claymore I lay are triggered and cause damage.

The hit count is 135, which means I cause damage to 135 people but kill 110 of them (see above) ie your chance of dying is 81%.

I don't call that particularly skillful I have to say.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Palerion
Sergeant Major

I like the ammunition capacity increases. Map and deploy screen merge? Beautiful.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Shouldn't shields....you know....shield against projectiles altogether?
You don't know the golden rule of PS fluff:

The answer is: nanites.

Always.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Ghodere
Corporal

The prowler changes I don't really care about because I roll AP. I must be in the minority. I seem to give a big surprise to enemy armor when we meet

Consider the changes before you celebrate. Anti-Infantry armor work is more difficult and less rewarding, and all armor will now be a higher priority for enemy forces. Depending on the severity of the change of the perceived power level of vehicles, AP-equipped tanks may net less xp than they did before the patch due to vehicles both not being pulled in their former numbers and being hunted by other forces more aggressively.
Old 2013-03-13, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Ghodere View Post
Consider the changes before you celebrate. Anti-Infantry armor work is more difficult and less rewarding, and all armor will now be a higher priority for enemy forces. Depending on the severity of the change of the perceived power level of vehicles, AP-equipped tanks may net less xp than they did before the patch due to vehicles both not being pulled in their former numbers and being hunted by other forces more aggressively.
Hopefully you're wrong. Net XP going down would mean more than 5 times fewer tanks as a result of those things, which I doubt, fingers crossed.

Old 2013-03-13, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Redshift
Major

Originally Posted by Palerion View Post
I like the ammunition capacity increases. Map and deploy screen merge? Beautiful.
Really? i thought they were fucking atrocious.

There's even more drop down boxes than before, tiny little extra crap to click just to change options, sunderers now look the same as every other vehicle and get hidden in the spam, the little circle deploy things are barely visible. Even checking another cont is a pain now there's another drop down box to click first.....
Old 2013-03-13, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

VR bug.
Its using my actual decoy grennade stock on the infiltrator.
Whatever I use in the VR is missing from my kit when I return the to Indar.
So much for saving all those up...
Old 2013-03-13, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Silent Thunder
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by DirtyBird View Post
VR bug.
Its using my actual decoy grennade stock on the infiltrator.
Whatever I use in the VR is missing from my kit when I return the to Indar.
So much for saving all those up...
Quote straight from the patch notes:
*Note that consumables still cost resources and deplete the player’s inventory when used while in VR. This will be altered in a future update.

It helps to actually read the patch notes before using its features.
Old 2013-03-13, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm out of interweb badges or I'd give you one.
Seems @Planetside2 didnt read them all either.

But I did find another related bug that isnt in the notes that benefits me greatly so I guess its even in the grenade stakes

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2013-03-13 at 05:10 PM.
Old 2013-03-13, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

I made an alt on matherson, and looked around the NC VR. LOL. A few things to note for the devs and other players: While you can't hurt other players, you CAN annoy the fuck out of them with smoke grenades and concussion grenades. Usage of everything is true to its word. Perhaps a bit much so. There are a few weapons and things that have no use in the VR (such as smoke and concussion grenades, flash grenades and such). Also, you can stand inside the shooting galleries in a max and grief other players who can't hit dummy NPCs because of you.

Some of that needs fixed, imho.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-03-13, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Assist
Contributor
Major

Ugh, was just at a fight against maybe a Platoon of NC at a Biolab and I was getting 13-17 FPS Normally around 40. Headache from the shit fps after 30 minutes, was having a good time though.
Had some issues involving cloaking, sometimes it would activate but I wasn't cloaked.

Really wish they'd make more of an effort to improve the performance of the game. I know it's not an easy thing to do and I sure as hell have no idea how to do it. Having to stop playing because of the performance of the game is just rough.

My processor is the only thing I have that is slightly outdated - it is a i7 OC'd to 3.8. GTX 680 2gb and 12 gb of ram, rather new SSD's, etc - this should be more than enough to get solid fps in this game - instead every patch my performance takes a nose dive, this one seeming worse than the others.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-03-13 at 05:38 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion