Choreographed Battles for Marketing? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Why does Hamma hate me?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-12-15, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Choreographed Battles for Marketing?

One thing to notice is that even after NDA is lifted, depending on the game it can still bind old footage. As in, post-NDA lift footage is OK, pre-NDA lift footage isn't.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-12-15, 11:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Shogun
Contributor
General

that´s why my idea was to send all footage we film to the devs!

they can check what footage is good enough for the public, and they are in the position to make a lift of nda possible for marketing.

just never ever film something under nda and post it on youtube yourself without written permission from soe. but it´s no problem to send your stuff to soe and let them do with it whatever they like.
Old 2011-12-15, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

I would like to be the cloaker at the end:
After the dude blast through 5 reavers wit his dyson, hots drops in the middle of a big tank battle, lauches some AV, kills a few tanks, runs all teh way into the capture point(w/e it is) revives his buddy who is dying, start to capture the point and BOOM, knifed in the back by ME the ebil ebil cloaker!

AKA: YES DIS IS A GOOD IDEAR, IFS THIS IS MASSIVE BATTLE KEWL FPS GAME DEN SHOW ME MASSIVE KEWL FPS DAMMET!
Old 2011-12-15, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Snow, just wait and chill.

I already have the script written, i just need beta and some time to let everyone get fammilar with the game. Once we got there, Videos will emerge. Proper ones, not those that just show a single scene of combat, and then switching right to the next one of a completly different battle.
Old 2011-12-15, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
that´s why my idea was to send all footage we film to the devs!

they can check what footage is good enough for the public, and they are in the position to make a lift of nda possible for marketing.

just never ever film something under nda and post it on youtube yourself without written permission from soe. but it´s no problem to send your stuff to soe and let them do with it whatever they like.
This is what I was thinking. As long as SOE gives the go ahead, it's fine. Just film it, send it to them and either let them use it themselves, get permission to use all/part of it, or be denied.

Just make sure to be very upstanding with this. If they say no, don't use it. If they say to take out a part, take it the fuck out. If they haven't said anything about it, don't release it publicly, no matter how much you want to.

The idea is to help Planetside 2, right? So lets make very sure that we are playing ball by their rules and not potentially hurting the game.
Old 2011-12-15, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Snowfake
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Snow, just wait and chill.

I already have the script written, i just need beta and some time to let everyone get fammilar with the game. Once we got there, Videos will emerge. Proper ones, not those that just show a single scene of combat, and then switching right to the next one of a completly different battle.
Well I donate my sexy mug for some close ups! Never had much luck with plays in the past, always used to end up playing an inanimate object in the school plays :/
Old 2011-12-15, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Tapman
Staff Sergeant

As long as they invite enough people for the Closed Beta, they will have no problem finding battles worthy of being recorded for marketing purposes without a script. Monitor the battles for the first week or two and pick the prettiest spots that have the best battles and give the opportunity to show scale. This will also give everyone enough time to identify any major issues and to get a good enough feel for everything well enough to show off.

One thing that I have been wondering about is how much access Beta testers are going to have to the skill trees. I believe Higby had stated somewhere that someone could spend a year focusing on one skill and still not be at the end of the tree, that will make it pretty difficult to test for balance and whatnot. My initial thoughts were either make the time to skill up extremely fast or to just give everyone full access to everything from the start. I bring it up now because if we are able to customize everything to our play styles in time, you will see BAMF marketing material.
Old 2011-12-15, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Shogun
Contributor
General

i guess there will be a kind of vendor where we can change our skills as we like at some point during beta.

in starwars galaxys jump to lightspeed beta there were "skill-frogs" in every city for that purpose. you could click on it and change everything in the skilltree without any costs.
Old 2011-12-16, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
GuvNuh
Corporal

Yar, I am also fairly certain every Vet left would love to get in on this, myself included. When Basti, Miir,and Duke get together and/or get organized, post a fresh thread and i'm sure you'll have no shortage of volunteers. *happydance*

Last edited by GuvNuh; 2011-12-16 at 10:36 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion