"What are your top balance concerns?" - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Whipping the Llama's ass
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-10-25, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: "What are your top balance concerns?"

I've just tested the Striker a dozen times or so and on only one occasion did the missiles not fly off when the lock was broken. [I broke the lock by switching to another weapon, not by waiting for the enemy to break lock. So that might be an important difference.]
When I had the locking on icon on them the missiles still hit, for the most part. [As in not the locked on icon but the locking on icon, so going from the former to the latter still meant my missiles hit most of the time]
Might be a miscommunication as to what is meant by lock and breaking said lock.

Edit: Reloading also makes the missiles fly off.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-10-26 at 04:52 PM.
Old 2013-10-25, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
Jax Blake
Private

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
Perhaps. All I'm saying is when four vulcan harassers can take out six fully crewed MBT's. There may be a problem hah.
Your fully crewed MBT's are awful, find sauron and enforcer gunners who can aim and watch the harassers die a horrible death.
Old 2013-10-25, 11:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Planetside 2 would be (was) better without Harassers, Infiltrators with SMGs, and ES MAX abilities (ZOE).
Old 2013-10-26, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
Planetside 2 would be (was) better without Harassers, Infiltrators with SMGs, and ES MAX abilities (ZOE).
yes then you had people complaining about how infiltrators were just an invisible sniper instead of a stealth class, people complaining about the lack of 2 man vehicles and how MAXes lacked something.
Old 2013-10-26, 01:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by typhaon View Post
I loved harassers when they first came out. Can't say the same once they added the ES weapons to 'em.
Old 2013-10-26, 05:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by MGP View Post
So you want to keep your CQB godmode, while also getting good long-med range option? Don't you think you're asking for too much?
If you want NC to have a long range pistols (yes, pistols. DPS of single arm of TR AI MAX is the same as a pistol), you have to give TR/VS some OMGWTFBBQ instagib close range option.

Edit: also it has been mentioned by Higby what it's the TR MAXes who are "underperforming" and going to be buffed, not NC ones.
First I don't use Maxes at all, but I repair them alot. The difference between NC Max support vs TR/VS Max support is NC Max can't take out their support from Mid-Long range. So when I'm crouched-follow trying to repair the Max as it walks towards the enemy I often get blasted first.

As for the "CQC Godmode", the TR or Vanu wouldn't exchance places with NC, but NC would!

Lastly, underperforming? Is that why the Fracture is finally getting nerfed? TR Max aren't underperforming at all. It's a misinterpretation of information. TR are far invested farming with Marauder/Vulcan rather waste their time on a TR Max
Old 2013-10-26, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Lastly, underperforming? Is that why the Fracture is finally getting nerfed? TR Max aren't underperforming at all. It's a misinterpretation of information. TR are far invested farming with Marauder/Vulcan rather waste their time on a TR Max
Popularity is taken into account.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...=sharing#gid=1

The popularity of both the TR and NC AI MAX is more or less the same. The NC MAX does have a higher KPU than the TR MAX. That probably has to do with the NC MAX being what it is, a CQB killing machine, and being used as such.
If SOE ever decides to make the Scattermax more versatile at the expense of being able to instagib infantry in CQB then it will probably balance out.
But I don't really think the TR MAX is really underperforming overall when compared to the NC MAX, all things considered.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-10-26 at 06:50 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion