Just another movie (raw) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet Russia, quotes accept you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-07-24, 10:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Just another movie (raw)

Well, since everyone has gone on a moviemaking spree, here's the sketch of my movie. It's unfinished and poor on effects, but my whole goal atm is to gather as much footage as I can and synchronize it with the soundtrack. I plan to finish it to the end of august/mid-september. Can't promise much but there'll most likely be some 3d and sexy transitions. The whole thing here is just TEST so if it'll be met by dislikes (of the idea itself) I'll abandon it, dont worry .

The whole plan for movie is: what you see + more action moments + outro with failed footage + a bit of PS2 advertising;

That's it, take a look, comment, criticize:

Also I wanted to ask if you have any TS (vent, skype, mumble) recordings while playing planetside. I would really love to add some chatter in between 2-10 and 2-25, especially the hottest one. Like "omgz, omgz, kill it asap, oh fu**, he got us".
Old 2011-07-24, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Just another movie (raw)

There's way too many scenes with stuff just not going on imo. You could start off with a few scenes of people preparing for battle, such as mossies/galaxies taking off, VS soldiers running along, then as the music ramps up have battles scenes with the mossie and galaxy (1:13), and the scene of VS raiding the V-bay (1:55), as if they were the same mossie/galaxy/VS we saw settings off...Then go back to prep scenes when the music lulls again and so on.

I love the music used though, and the editorial work seems really good. Maybe a little too much panning?

Oh, and any chance of 720p?
Old 2011-07-24, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Just another movie (raw)

Originally Posted by Vancha View Post
There's way too many scenes with stuff just not going on imo. You could start off with a few scenes of people preparing for battle, such as mossies/galaxies taking off, VS soldiers running along, then as the music ramps up have battles scenes with the mossie and galaxy (1:13), and the scene of VS raiding the V-bay (1:55), as if they were the same mossie/galaxy/VS we saw settings off...Then go back to prep scenes when the music lulls again and so on.
The only problem is that you have to be on the battlefield to cam all that stuff. I'm shooting it as a cloaker or phantasm pilot and that causes me to die pretty often. Also that's why I put my deadline so far. Because taking shots of large scale battles is only possible during the weekend.

I love the music used though, and the editorial work seems really good. Maybe a little too much panning?
Static screens cause this game to lose all the intensity.

Oh, and any chance of 720p?
Right now it's a vegas preview file, so my answer is no, at least not in this (raw) state.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion