De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: "Not that anyone ever cussed in EverQuest" - SmokeJumper
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-03-01, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Assist
Contributor
Major

De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it.

When I first login I have no problems, hit registration is fine, seems to be very little lag. After about 5 minutes I start to notice lag on my shots, people dying a few seconds too late. After about 10 minutes I'm getting killed by people I cannot see, people are shooting into a corner(on my screen) and I'm dying, people start warping around really bad.

If I relog(not close the client) then the lag 'resets' and goes back to normal. My ping in vent, and speedtest.net, are normal and not fluctuating.
Would love some help on this. Just started happening after the patch today, 3/1/13

----
Ah ok yeah, just updating the problem. This time when I had the desync I was no longer doing damage after about 10 minutes, rather than having movement lag

It's really bad ;( I get about 10 minutes in before it's a complete waste to play.
Old 2013-03-01, 11:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
OCNSethy
Major

Re: De-Sync / Lag / Hit reg. / whatever you want to call it.

Ive had two separate episodes where my shots have landed but no damage has been registered on my target. At first I though my aim just sucked but on the second occurance, I took note of the enemies that I've shot (and they kill me).. They had no damage at all. I have no lag or artifacts - but none of my weapons register hits. Healing as medic and repairing as an engine still works. I have to log off and back on again to fix it.

Your right, it's bad coz I kept playing thinking that I just wasn't landing my shots

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-03-01 at 11:40 PM.
Old 2013-03-02, 02:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LoliLoveFart
Contributor
First Sergeant

Yeah I have been having similar issues where hits just dont register and I'll scamper away and die randomly to the guy i shot at. No idea what is causing it but it isn't persistent for me at least everytime i play just some log ins after 10 - 20 minutes the game just gets unplayable. Really killed any drive I had to play in the first place.

Old 2013-03-02, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Xaine
Major

I haven't really noticed it, but sometimes people do eat bullets from my LMG.

I'm not really one to blame the game mechanics for my errors (not saying you guys are here, but there are times when it could go either way), but I have kind of blinked at the screen when i've put like 15 rounds into someones chest at 20 meters and they scamper around a corner.
Old 2013-03-02, 07:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Xaine View Post
I haven't really noticed it, but sometimes people do eat bullets from my LMG.

I'm not really one to blame the game mechanics for my errors (not saying you guys are here, but there are times when it could go either way), but I have kind of blinked at the screen when i've put like 15 rounds into someones chest at 20 meters and they scamper around a corner.
heh, not the same.
I tested on an ally on Amerish last night. I was not able to hit any enemies at all, I could hit an ally next to me and I could flag/take capture points. Another ally came over, and I couldn't hit him at all - point blank range all 50 shots (showing the bullet splash on him) and he took 0 damage. The original ally standing there, I could hit every single bullet. Every enemy I came into contact with I couldn't do any damage to.

There's just a huge problem with desync, hopefully it gets fixed.
Old 2013-03-02, 07:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

That's some serious rubberbanding:/

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-03-02, 08:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Wargrim
Sergeant

There is definitely some huge bug going round.

One Outfit mate did test his SMG on me, and more than half of the time, his shots would do NO damage at all, point blank, both of us standing still. Relogging fixed it temporarily.
Old 2013-03-02, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

Whether it's related to the de-sync bug I don't know but grenade launcher rounds are now very intermittent as to whether they explode on impact or not. Had them ricocheting off surfaces and players at 30m+ (I know there's the 10m arm distance) unless there's been something new introduced for grenade launcher rounds?
Old 2013-03-02, 12:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
That's some serious rubberbanding:/
yeah, that time that I described wasn't rubberbanding lag at all. I was actually talking to the allies I was testing with over the proximity chat. It's as if only certain aspects of the game are lagging that way.
Haven't had a chance to test if I can play yet today.
Old 2013-03-02, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
yeah, that time that I described wasn't rubberbanding lag at all. I was actually talking to the allies I was testing with over the proximity chat. It's as if only certain aspects of the game are lagging that way.
Haven't had a chance to test if I can play yet today.
I was referring to your first examples in the OP. Hope they fix whatever it is on their end that's causing it soon, kinda helps ruin the whole server merges creating more and bigger engagements if players can't fight.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-03-02 at 02:11 PM.
Old 2013-03-02, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Aurmanite
Captain

I just logged out because of this bug. It's been happening after varying lengths of game play since the servers merged.
Old 2013-03-02, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Assist
Contributor
Major

~10 minutes in (Can see in the video that my hit registration is gone. I still am there as other people see me, as I get healed while moving and I flag the capture point.)

~15 minutes in (Really weird shit starts happening movement wise)
~20 minutes in client crashes.

No idea why it looks like shit, used the in-game recorder thinger. Posted this on the official tech forums and finally got a response.
Originally Posted by Jesse S
"That's the main beast of it, while some users may be experiencing this issue after 30 minutes, there are others with different computer builds (or even same builds) who hit it at 10 minutes, 3 hours, etc... I even experience this issue at home, so I certainly feel your pain, and I can guarantee you that we're all aware of it. Keep your collective chins up, we're going to get this squished."

Last edited by Assist; 2013-03-02 at 03:42 PM.
Old 2013-03-02, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
OCNSethy
Major

Originally Posted by Aurmanite View Post
I just logged out because of this bug. It's been happening after varying lengths of game play since the servers merged.
I was experiencing this last week, before the mergers and I'm on Briggs. We haven't merged with anyone.
Old 2013-03-02, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Woah, that is just hilariously bad, sorry Assist but the second video is kinda funny to watch

Good thing is that they are aware of it and that it is indeed an issue on their end. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon, before it ruins the promise of the server merges.

"This is an issue that our development team has been made aware of and are currently tracking down the bug causing it, but as you can imagine, an issue that occurs only after several hours of game-play can make for tedious testing, so the fix hasn't been implemented quite just yet. Thanks for the feedback everyone! Sit tight, we're working on getting this fixed as soon as humanly possible." -Jesse S

"That's the main beast of it, while some users may be experiencing this issue after 30 minutes, there are others with different computer builds (or even same builds) who hit it at 10 minutes, 3 hours, etc... I even experience this issue at home, so I certainly feel your pain, and I can guarantee you all of us here are well aware of it. Keep your collective chins up, we're going to get this squished." -Jesse S

Old 2013-03-02, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

This is a "Me Too" post.

Play for a time, then discover that I am unable to damage enemies/no hit registration. Also discovered that I could not change my class to MAX. (Yes my timer was at zero and I had enough resources). I would simply be the class I was before pressing "E" and attempting to change to a MAX. The only way to fix is to log out and back in.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion