Tech test invites? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: For every 1 good quote you accept, it encourages me to submit 10 bad ones.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-19, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
Mirror
First Sergeant

Re: Tech test invites?

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226032860358901760

John Smedley‏@j_smedley
Another increasingly large batch of tech test invites went out (including people from EU and Aussies).

http://www.deltatriad.com
Old 2012-07-19, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mirror View Post
https://twitter.com/j_smedley/status/226032860358901760

John Smedley‏@j_smedley
Another increasingly large batch of tech test invites went out (including people from EU and Aussies).
O well ,I didnt want to play anyway
Old 2012-07-19, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

I feel as if I'll be the last one to experience planetside 2.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
HEISTT
Corporal

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Yeah, I'm leaving tomorrow for 8 days, bet I get invited while on the trip Well, or then I wont get invited even within those 8 days and be sad
I can take care of your email & SOE accounts for you until you get back. Rearrange your account and maybe even forward your beta invite to myself and deleting it afterwards. PM me if your interested.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
SystematicKillr
Private

No Email

I figured having a somewhat weird system of an old Intel core 2 quad @ 2.33 ghz and a new gtx 550 ti would get me in

Like I said before I get mad when there are people who have been loyal to planetside and don't get in and yet there are people who just sign up and get insta-invited.

Cause look at it this way, People are playing it doesn't matter if its a tech test it seems that people who have been loyal aren't getting in.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
fedhell
Private

Remember how he said once a batch goes out it can take hours for all the emails to get to the people. So there is still hope for PS2 tonight :-). Although at this rate i need a new f5 key :-(
Old 2012-07-19, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
Isn't that like, half the user base running those?

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/processormfg/
Where are you getting that a core 2 duo is half the user base from that...? For one, what you linked is processor speeds. Two, they don't list processor types, only number of cores. A "core 2 duo" is a type of intel processor.

These days, i3 and i5 are the most popular processors, and plenty of them are 2 core computers.

Originally Posted by SystematicKillr View Post
Like I said before I get mad when there are people who have been loyal to planetside and don't get in and yet there are people who just sign up and get insta-invited.

Cause look at it this way, People are playing it doesn't matter if its a tech test it seems that people who have been loyal aren't getting in.
Quit being an entitled Hipster. "I found out about it before it was cool. I deserve it more than other people who've played less than I have." That's not a legitimate reason to get into the tech test.

Last edited by ArcGuard; 2012-07-19 at 02:42 PM.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
wraithverge
Sergeant

have been sent out... unless theirs queuing on your email server, if you haven't gotten it yet, better luck tomorrow it seems.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
Where are you getting that a core 2 duo is half the user base from that...?
It was the wrong link. core 2 duo is a rather common processor still.
Old 2012-07-19, 02:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
bjorntju1
Captain

I got an mail!

But not for PlanetSide 2
Old 2012-07-19, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

No Email

I figured having a somewhat weird system of an old Intel core 2 quad @ 2.33 ghz and a new gtx 550 ti would get me in

I was thinking the same thing and I know how you feel. I started dreaming about a Planetside2 back in 2005. Its been a long wait but we are almost there.

Old 2012-07-19, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
LegioX
First Sergeant

Lame.....i want a invite!!! I...am...tired...of...playing...BF3!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2012-07-19, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Littleman
First Lieutenant

Getting into the tech test is really about having the specs they're looking for, so it's pretty much luck of the draw.

So... What's stopping one from creating phony e-mails, throw away SOE accounts, and submitting a large range of PC builds to increase their chances?
Old 2012-07-19, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
SystematicKillr
Private

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
Quit being an entitled Hipster. "I found out about it before it was cool. I deserve it more than other people who've played less than I have." That's not a legitimate reason to get into the tech test.
you don't think its unfair that someone who filled out the 2010 survey and was a planetside 1 player for years shouldn't get picked over someone who signed up yesterday even for a tech test which is the first time the client has been distributed for accessed by someone outside of SOE?
Old 2012-07-19, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

you don't think its unfair that someone who filled out the 2010 survey and was a planetside 1 player for years shouldn't get picked over someone who signed up yesterday even for a tech test which is the first time the client has been distributed for accessed by someone outside of SOE?
The Beauty of randomization my friend.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion