Buying vehicles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home to Hamma, Or "Hammer" as Marsman puts it
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2012-06-07, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cheetah
Private

Buying vehicles

I'm not sure I quite understand the system. I understand that the resources mined (bases controlled) by a faction are essential to at least the types of vehicles a faction have access to. Will it also determine the number of the specific kinds of vehicles? And will the points spent on spawning a vehicle have anything to do with a player's own accomplishments, or are they completely based on how well the faction fares as a whole?
Old 2012-06-07, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cheetah
Private

Re: Buying vehicles

OR, are all the resources mined divided between the players - either evenly or in relation to accomplishments - so each and everyone can spend their share as they please?
Old 2012-06-07, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Whalenator
Second Lieutenant

From my understanding resources are personally gained through combat, active time, etc. The amount at which you gain your personal resources, however, IS heavily modified by the amount of land your faction controls at the time.

NC Brig. General ಠ_ರೃ
Old 2012-06-07, 08:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
NapalmEnima
Contributor
AGN Field Reporter

IIRC, you can earn resources in two ways:

1) Simply by being on a continent, you get some of each resource depending on what your faction currently controls. IIRC, this is uniform for all players in your faction.

2) Completing missions gives bonuses. Capture a base: Bonus!
2.1) You might earn resources for simply attempting to complete a mission. Simply by being present and fighting, you earn some bonus over the flat rate everyone else in your faction earns by being on that continent.

3) There's been some talk of "Points of Interest" where for example a transport may have crashed and dumped some resources that players can pick up (and fight over). I haven't heard anything on that front recently, and there wasn't anything related in all that recent E3 gameplay footage. (which was the sexy)
Old 2012-06-09, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Cheetah
Private

Ok thanks, sounds reasonable...

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions