Smoke grenades - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bad Spellers UNTIE!!!!!!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-07-27, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Vancha
Colonel

Re: Smoke grenades

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Smoke grenades make more sense for a slow, tactical shooter like Rainbow Six. I'd prefer not to see them in PS2, as they would detract from the faster pace that the devs are going for.
They aren't turning PS into Unreal Tournament...even if the pace is CoD/BF levels, PS will probably remain more tactical than either of them so I see no reason why there wouldn't be good uses for smoke grenades.

As has been said, to keep the numbers down you either restrict them to a certain class/classes, or depending on how load-outs will work, restrict people to a particular type of grenade. I imagine more people will opt for a lethal/jammer grenade over a smoke one.
Old 2011-07-27, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
cashfoyogash
Sergeant

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Smoke grenades make more sense for a slow, tactical shooter like Rainbow Six. I'd prefer not to see them in PS2, as they would detract from the faster pace that the devs are going for.

-HC13
The only thing that will be more fast paced is how fast you die and supposedly being able to spawn on your squad which would be on the front lines, if some didnt die. They dont intend on battles going fast they said some may last for days even weeks for a territory. Sounds like plenty of uses to break contact and flank the enemy or conceal your movement when crossing a linear danger area (road).
Old 2011-07-27, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Masahiko
Private

I would prefer flash bangs before smoke grenades.
Old 2011-07-27, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I really want them in game, and we know that Forgelight can handle volumetric clouds, so I am sure smoke grenades would be possible.

Would love to use them for not only obscuring vision, but also signalling for bombing runs
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion