The Galaxy - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: War is like a box of chocolates. Dark, Random and Delicious.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-02-23, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Teek
Private

Re: The Galaxy

Firstly, huuuge ego boost that Hamma actually agrees with me.

Secondly, I think the Galaxy as a supplier would work, even with the AMS, because your AMS should be intended as a stealthy insertion point, not as a true supply station. It's one thing to get some gear from it when you spawn, another if you're trying to re-arm or repair a vanguard.

Thirdly, this might sound a little nuts, but what if the certs for air craft were to be re-arranged? Have support craft like the Galaxy or the Lodestar come up first, and then later get the reaver. Not sure where the mossie would go, probably pretty early, but it should definitely require light armor to pilot, because it's a recon craft. That or remove bail outs as they are now.

I've suggested in other threads that maybe a small dropship should be included too (maybe like the phantasm, I never got to use it, so I don't really know about it). I could see this working out as a tree of certs, where you need to spec the more team-work oriented craft first (starting with small dropship and mossie, then moving up to galaxy, liberator, lodestar, wasp, reaver.) Point of the whole process should be that if you want to be a pilot, you shouldn't get the killing machines first, right? Maybe that's just me.
Old 2011-02-23, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
brinkdadrink
Corporal

I like the changing around of the certs. I was just thinking to raise the air cav cert amount but i like your idea making the transport ships first and then keep certing in more specialized killing machines. Far less people would use the mosq and also infuse more team work oriented play. I do want to add that if it does go this way they should lower the AA guns damage a little bit or keep the damage but dont make it fire and forget. I Haven't played in years and dont fly much but the few times i have (so yes im nub at it) recently i died pretty quickly both gal and mos.
Old 2011-02-23, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Air cav needs to be brought in line. I tend to agree, nobody really thought of the implication and when the population died out, it was probably left in as a means of allowing people to get back in the fight. Plus when you increase the BRs to 40 and thus allow just about every cert, you've gone and fucked the game up. So fix it - make Mossie air-to-air, hell make it a damned helicopter so there's no bailing. Ever see a guy eject from a helicopter?

I disagree with this idea that "giving the Galaxy a more pivotal role" means giving it a portable spawn. That shit is lame, hello Battlefield 2. Leave it as a troop transport. Equipment terminal? Nah. You want to change your underwear in mid-flight? Tough, shoulda got on board with the right cert load-out. Wait til you hit the ground, troop.

Portable respawn? AMS. It has wheels. Drive it. Or if you can't drive it because you forgot your license that day, get a Lodestar. Matter of fact, Lodestar could be like a socket/transformer. Stick an AMS in the back and plug it in, the Lodestar becomes a respawn vehicle WHEN IT'S PARKED.
Old 2011-02-23, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Air cav needs to be brought in line. I tend to agree, nobody really thought of the implication and when the population died out, it was probably left in as a means of allowing people to get back in the fight. Plus when you increase the BRs to 40 and thus allow just about every cert, you've gone and fucked the game up. So fix it - make Mossie air-to-air, hell make it a damned helicopter so there's no bailing. Ever see a guy eject from a helicopter?

I disagree with this idea that "giving the Galaxy a more pivotal role" means giving it a portable spawn. That shit is lame, hello Battlefield 2. Leave it as a troop transport. Equipment terminal? Nah. You want to change your underwear in mid-flight? Tough, shoulda got on board with the right cert load-out. Wait til you hit the ground, troop.

Portable respawn? AMS. It has wheels. Drive it. Or if you can't drive it because you forgot your license that day, get a Lodestar. Matter of fact, Lodestar could be like a socket/transformer. Stick an AMS in the back and plug it in, the Lodestar becomes a respawn vehicle WHEN IT'S PARKED.

I second those thoughts.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion