Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-06, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Pentium 4 3.2 EE for overclocking?

I know hte regular 3.2 can overclock well but does the EE have the same overclocking ability? I am considering getting it afterall andwant to know if there would be some major loss in ability to OC?

Does anyone know or have read anything.
Old 2004-01-06, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

ocing that might not be a good idea AS IT COST $!,()()() (1,000)!!!!

the guys a THG had a multiplier unlocked one that they tested, they put it up to 3.4 and it was ok.

Another thing, your not going to get one, there as hard as hell to find, cost as much as a decent computer on there own, and are not worth it, a whoel host of new thing are coming that will make you wish you'd waited or not spent all your cash becasue you want a cool new component that came out mid summer. I'm starting to think your not even going to make this beast you keep talking about!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-06, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ait'al
Contributor
General

i know whats coming out and i want one before they change everything. Im going to go to college and atlease get a certificate as a computer technician and an associates in electric engineering technology and open system technology and am going to try to get a job in a computer store and buy later stuff really cheap. 8)

I was just wondering if i bought the EE if it had seriously diminished OC capability overall because i want to overclock the processor later and use Watercooling later if need to on it 8). IM planning for the future! And i know where to get one?? they even have it listed on price watch for 909$. IM going to start building it between now and the beginning of febuary. Like i said i specifically want one with the older tech. And im guessing from what ive read the 4 gigs will be decent for a year or two atleast so...

I know about PCI-X and how there changing the IO system. i like the old stuff

I want to use the current stuff later with maybe newer better cooling or ill improvise cooling and want to compare maximum capability over the next few years.
Old 2004-01-06, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Well p4ee is a bad idea to buy for OCing, get a 2.8 or 3. regular one

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-06, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
I Hate Pants
General

Why the hell does anybody need to even overclock a Pentuim4 3.2 GHz processor in the first place?

If your computer is just for gaming it really doesn't seem necessary. I think we'll be old and dying before a game comes out that supports a processor higher than 3.2 GHz.

Last edited by I Hate Pants; 2004-01-06 at 06:47 PM.
Old 2004-01-06, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

dude it will be as ba as a pentium w/ MMX when i graduate college

Old 2004-01-06, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ait'al
Contributor
General

well im going to a four year college but you can do the classes pretty fast or do 10 degrees in aboutthe same time as if you did like 3 so... I may have a masters In computer info systems by then adn bachelors in everything else they have in two year. the only thing they dont have it 3d modeling crap, just CAD and like one CAM. I wanted one for like making gaming stuff. UNless cam i that and i dont realize it? My memory is fuzzy on that. 8\

they have online classes with a high system requirements and i want ot play Planetside so i also need to get one now but i still want the last comp design basically before it changes. And im going to use it as a test system for graphics or whatever i end up doing normally too.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2004-01-06 at 10:33 PM.
Old 2004-01-06, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

i have to think that its never gonna happen. also the EE has shown not to improve performances

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-01-07, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Why does everyone think im not going to buy this?? 8\ Its not that big of a deal.
Old 2004-01-07, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
Why the hell does anybody need to even overclock a Pentuim4 3.2 GHz processor in the first place?
Wondering that myself. Why risk it when your computer runs fine with just about everything.
Old 2004-01-07, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by I Hate Pants
If your computer is just for gaming it really doesn't seem necessary. I think we'll be old and dying before a game comes out that supports a processor higher than 3.2 GHz.
Try 6-8 months
Old 2004-01-07, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

No its not good for oc'ing at all. The increased cache on the chip is already running at a very high speed. You can't get multiplier unlocked chips from Intel, so you would have to raise the fsb. This is where the cache on the chip will crap on itself. Thats why chips with slower cache like celerys oc better.
Old 2004-01-07, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Ait'al
Contributor
General

im getting hte regular 3.2. When did they take it off of price watch?? none of the p4s are listed now Someone showed me a P4 3.2 for 365$ Does anyoen know where that was? And what the fuck did price watch do with its p4 watch 8(??
Old 2004-01-07, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

You can get the rare Engineering sample, with an unlocked multiplier! I've seen em on ebay and Tom's had a p4EE that was unlocked. but yeah OCing it = bad idea.

dude buy it form any place they are al the same price realy (most places may vary 5 bucks at most) www.buyxg.com, or www.newegg.com

Old 2004-01-07, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I think it was a sale. so anyway, is there any major sale coming up where they will be cutting everything liek they did a month ago or whatever.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum