Friendly Fire ruins this game. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where New Jersey is banned.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-12-02, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Juryrig
Master Sergeant

Re: Friendly Fire ruins this game.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Friendly fire does not ruin this game.
You, Sir, have a gift for brevity.
Old 2012-12-02, 11:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Sunrock
Major

If this game did not have friendly fire we would see this turn into a grenade spaming nightmare... Also it would be too easy mode and boring.
Old 2012-12-03, 01:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

FFs should exist, but be nerfed. As far as infantry weapons go, I think it could stay right where it is. Except for grenades. 50% damage reduction for friendly grenade fire, as well as 60% reduced damage from friendly vehicle collisions is the least that should be done.

Having friendly mossies fly into yours because they don't know how the hell to fly is really getting old fast. If you get TK'd in a vehicle you should at least have NO TIMER OR RESOURCE COST on your next one. I've seen tanks take out friendly lightnings and take no damage. All sorts of really stupid things happen when noobs get aircraft or vehicles without training... Please don't take it out on the players who know what they're doing.

The sides of tanks should also not kill people, especially friendlies... ever!
Old 2012-12-03, 02:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
FFs should exist, but be nerfed. As far as infantry weapons go, I think it could stay right where it is. Except for grenades. 50% damage reduction for friendly grenade fire, as well as 60% reduced damage from friendly vehicle collisions is the least that should be done.

Having friendly mossies fly into yours because they don't know how the hell to fly is really getting old fast. If you get TK'd in a vehicle you should at least have NO TIMER OR RESOURCE COST on your next one. I've seen tanks take out friendly lightnings and take no damage. All sorts of really stupid things happen when noobs get aircraft or vehicles without training... Please don't take it out on the players who know what they're doing.

The sides of tanks should also not kill people, especially friendlies... ever!
If you fly into a friendly air craft at the warp gate you should get 60 days ban IMO. Only reason that happens is because some one did not care about the players he play with.

But no the penalties for friendly fire is fine as it is. I have run over plenty of friendlies in my prowler by mistake because I could not see them without getting into any trouble.

The penalties are there to teach the player to teach the players to behave. If they where nerfed in any we might as well remove friendly fire all to gather as the penalty for doing it would not discourage anyone from doing it.

If you ask me they might need a slight buff... If you kill more then 2 friendlies with in 5 min you should get all your weapons locked for 15 min...
Old 2012-12-03, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #35
Moodel
Private

Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
We need it. It's not about spam increasing significantly, to put it simply its about forcing people (because most are too silly to do it themselves) to have awareness of the general A.O., and where their friendlies are. Without Friendly Fire, you don't care where you threw a grenade, so long as its toward an enemy. With Friendly Fire, you don't throw the grenade, you get into a BETTER POSITION before you do so, which not only helps you throw the grenade it helps the whole battle as you now have a flanking position.
Spot on.

A few more of you need to read this before posting but I do agree with the whole vehicle pad thing.
Old 2012-12-03, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Xaine
Major

Friendly fire makes this game.

It's way better with it on.
Old 2012-12-03, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
The Messenger
Corporal

Originally Posted by DDSHADE View Post
If you get TK'd in a vehicle you should at least have NO TIMER OR RESOURCE COST on your next one.
People would abuse this by deliberately flying into friendly ships when they are on the verge of being shot down. Pilots would just kamikzae players they don't know because most don't care about strangers. Then they could immediately respawn their own ESF. I foresee a lot of gals and libs being a big target since they'd be easy to hit but won't go if at full health. Imagine the frustration of gal pilots if they were constantly dodging friendly ESF's just cuz the crappy fighter pilots wanted to respawn their n00b jet immediately.

I hate being flow into myself but odds are the n00b pilot doesn't have many certs in their ESF. So train yours down to spawn it faster and odds are the idiot that hit you is still waiting to spawn their's.

Last edited by The Messenger; 2012-12-03 at 03:11 AM.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
Canaris
Contributor
General

I've never been weapons locked in PS1 or 2 because at the very start someone gave me some advise that I'll remember and use to the day I die, he simply said

"control your shit, fool!"

no poet ever came up with better.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-12-03, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
psychobilly
Corporal

Love friendly fire! Skill is good. So tired of clueless tank drivers bitching about gun locks when they can't read the gd minimap or learn to drive in 3rd person.

Don't change a thing about FF, SOE.
Old 2012-12-03, 07:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Infernalis
Sergeant

I've never been weapon locked even once and I drive in 3rd person in tank, I'm also almost never crushed or crush allies in tanks but it doesn't prevent me to see that tank collisions doesn't bring anything good, you just die way too easily by just touching a tank going at a mere 10km/h.

As for the FF from grenades and others explosions it's ok, at least in tight areas there's always some medics or a spawn near, but I wouldn't say no to a reduction in damage from friendly explosions.
Old 2012-12-03, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Xaine
Major

I've never been weapon locked either.

People who bitch about friendly fire are just bad. I'm sorry to say it.
Old 2012-12-03, 08:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Friendly fire needs to stay on. You just need to work on having better situational awareness. I have been playing since Tech Test. I have only been weapon locked 1 time. That was due to me griefing the crap out of a TK'er who was spawn camping the tubes near a major battle.

Old 2012-12-03, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
VaderShake
First Lieutenant

First off, I love friendly fire ups the intensity of a game allot.

When PS2 was first release the about half of the dozen guys I play with were complaining about friendly fire and how it needed to go.....fast forward a couple weeks and now they all have no problem with it and have adjusted and become accustom to it.

Also as far as the vehicle spawns go everyone has learned look both ways before you cross the street and stay away from the spawn areas. There are other ways to go.

Actually now that I think about it the friendly fire instances have given us all some the biggest laughs yet...

Last edited by VaderShake; 2012-12-03 at 02:12 PM.
Old 2012-12-03, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Miffy
Sergeant

Logged in, TK'd Twice in a row, Logged out.

I can't be bothered today with this.

It adds nothing to the game, I don't know why people want it. I remember when TF2 had FF as standard and people bitched and moaned and then Valve turned it off, made the game so much better.

You just don't need FF in team based games, it isn't like bullets go through models, you cannot all line up single file and shoot one behind the other.

Like great thanx for that lose my resources and I don't get them back for being TK'd..

Have to now wait 10 mins for a new Mosq to play the game how I wanted.
Old 2012-12-03, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Deal with it. It's an important part of the game.

I'll admit that on vehicles it's frustrating. But It happens on both sides, idiots just run across roads with no regard to what's near them just like tanks crash through infantry areas.

They should make it a little harder for vehicle collisions to kill each other especially. Get a couple ESFs within 5ft and they both explode. Infantry is fine.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2012-12-03 at 03:21 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion