New forceshield bug - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: How's my posting? 1-800-POSTING
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-06, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Lunchbox42
Private

New forceshield bug

I don't know this is old news or not, but I haven't seen it brought up on the official forums much, or here. Figured I might as well bring everyone's attention to it. Please keep the flames down if I'm mucking up old stuff.

Basically, you can get through an enemy forcedome that is up using a router. You set the router up outside, put the telepad halfway in and out of the forcedome, and then bam, you're set. I noticed this after my capitol building had it's gen blown while the dome was up.

Anyways, just thought I'd bring the issue up.

-Lunchbox
Old 2004-04-06, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Damn. I've also heard that you can take a plasma grenade, walk up to the shield, and throw it through. Also, Lashers lash through the shield module gateway shields (dunno about the cap forcedome). It caused me a lot of pain the other night when frigging VS were lashing me through the shield so I couldn't even get close enough to pop through and fight back

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-04-06, 02:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I've tried lashing through the Capitol forcedome with a looted lasher, I couldn't get it though (enhanced targeting and everything). Although I could've been doing something wrong.
Old 2004-04-06, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
drsomewhere
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChewyLSB
Although I could've been doing something wrong.
You cant do anything wrong with a lasher

= Crack addict
Old 2004-04-06, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by drsomewhere
You cant do anything wrong with a lasher
Yes you can. attempt to sniper someone with it for instant or using it on Aircrafts.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-04-06, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

first thing I tried when I came back with a 7 day key to see what's changed is to bail out of a reaver and onto the dome. too bad you die instead of walk on it.
Old 2004-04-06, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-04-06, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

carn'tyou walk throw it, if you carn't then something is wrong with my computer, i can run/drive throw them
Old 2004-04-06, 05:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ZeroShadow
Private

its not a bug they said a router can go through the shield
Old 2004-04-06, 06:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lunchbox42
Private

What the hell's the point of the forceshield if the enemies can just put a router up and get inside? Remember, this was an enemy router, not a friendly one that was deployed inside and then enemies just started charging in through it. The actual router was outside the forceshield while the telepad was stuck inside the forceshield itself.

I really hope that this is an exploit and not intentional, it kind of makes forceshields useless if anyone can just run in, blow the gens, and make out with all the mods.
Old 2004-04-06, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
jsloan31
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

well, if you already HAD the telepad INSIDE the shield, and the router is somewhere outside, then yeah, you can go through.

but, from what i'm hearing in this thread is, the router is outside, and the telepad is touching/in the middle of the shield, and you can go through. if that's the case, that's an exploit.

the original plan would not make force domes useless, because you would already have to be inside the dome to have the pad down. the exploit makes them useless though (don't all exploits?).
Old 2004-04-06, 09:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by hazzer2007
carn'tyou walk throw it, if you carn't then something is wrong with my computer, i can run/drive throw them
was it your teams shield?
Old 2004-04-06, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

This isn't a bug, it's intentional:

Teh Proof!

Point 7, subpoint 3 says:

The Router can teleport successfully through the Dome when it is active. Even for non-defenders. Use it judiciously.
So as for your point, yes, the router can allow enemies to teleport into the base. This is, of course, assuming that they managed to plop down a telepad in the base in the first place, which isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. Personally, this is an excellent use of the router, and opens up a lot of clever and possibly battle-turning tactics for a cunning opponent. Keeps you on your toes...

Edit: If the issue is what jsloan has pointed out, then yes, it's a bug and an exploit.

Edit 2: Okay, I feel dumb. After rereading the original post, I figured out that the bug is when someone outside the field places the telepad so half of it is entering the forcefield. Yes, that's bad, and should be fixed.

Last edited by UncleDynamite; 2004-04-06 at 10:13 PM.
Old 2004-04-07, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by DeadTeddy
first thing I tried when I came back with a 7 day key to see what's changed is to bail out of a reaver and onto the dome. too bad you die instead of walk on it.
That's strange, because you can hotdrop over a capital Base with the force dome up. I know, because i've done it twice.
I survived both, and you do get alittle damaged when you pass through the forcefield but its obvious its intentional. Maybe you weren't flying high enough?

Edit: mmm...I just read Capitol Building & Force Dome thingy on Official Site

b) The Force Dome doesn't let ANYTHING through it...except friendly vehicles and troops. No projectiles pass through it and enemies may not pass through it either.
Now im confused as to how on earth I managed those Hotdrops and survived, maybe it's bug?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-04-07 at 03:43 AM.
Old 2004-04-07, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by scarpas
was it your teams shield?
no, it was tr
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion