continuation of hijacked conversation.Sorry!^^ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to the club, we've got jackets.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-11-25, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Smile continuation of hijacked conversation.Sorry!^^

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=16896

Can i fit a water cooling system with all the other stuff? In the same case.

I definetly want ot get hte experience of using one. Ive seen stuff that looks like it can be put in a regular case but i wasnt sure.

Im getting this case http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/cas-120.html

and has anyone every used one of these http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/bus-27.html or know hwo has them in stock still.they look so cool and are just the right collor for my ice theme.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-25 at 03:08 PM.
Old 2003-11-25, 03:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yes you should be able to fit a WC kit/homade system in that, its a full tower man! I could probably fit a nice one into my mid if i wanted to.
I have never used one of those but cooling hdds, is gona be important soon with the advent of Heavy duty 10,000 SATA drives, however you case looks like it has adequate hddcooling as is, it already has a temp sensor and 2 fan controls too.

I'm sure there are some good WCing guides on the net, read a few of them before you try anything.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Last edited by Rbstr; 2003-11-25 at 03:38 PM.
Old 2003-11-25, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I was getting the coolmaster 4 too because it i was going to add some extra fan things and because it has all hte other sensor stuff. It has the buttons for them atleaset.(processor sensor, hdd, rpms and stuff and it switches betwen ferinhite and celsius. 8) And for my future raid. It looks realy cool and am going to get it nomatter waht just to play with it.

its going to sit in the second from the bottom 5.25 bay just above the six switch bay.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-25 at 04:35 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

That coolermaster is pretty nice. The case is ok, but seems a little over priced. Can't say much, I paid more than that for my Xaser III V2000 and then had to buy the 550watt Enermax separately. These big chieftech style cases never air cool quite as well as the smaller lian-li's, only real problem I have with them. Mines all aluminum also and still weighs a freaking ton. Going water is defintely best solution for these types of cases.

There are a number of very easy to install external water cooling kits now. The Corsair HydroCool 200 is top rated, would maybe replace the cpu block with a swiftech though. The Koolance Exos looks really nice and does a solid job also. I wish Koolance would come out with some better cases and I would prolly buy one of theirs straight up. But might try the exos, just have to find a way to bolt it to the top of my case.
Old 2003-11-26, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

nah don't get an External one, get a radiator/pump/waterBlocks/tubing/resivor and put it inside of that case, its bit enough for it, get 2 80 mm waterblocks and attach them to the backs of the front intake fans then with a nice pump and waterblock you can have a very nice wcing right in your case. with no outside things to mess with.

Frozen CPU also has internal WCing kits form swiftech and the Thermaltake Aquarius internal system, those migh be worth a look

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-11-26, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ait'al
Contributor
General

coolmaster 4 is a harddrive/everything heat sensor thing. Im not getting there case im just getting HDD thingy.

This http://www.frozencpu.com/cgi-bin/frozencpu/bus-27.html

The blue case comes with 6 80MM fans a 500watt psu and like 2 or 3 120 or soemthing sized fans for the big openings, i think. its like 235 when i get everything i wanted from that page. Which includes a double 12" UVblue internal light. 8p etc. I just really like that case and what it has with it. Its actually the same price as xixo or whatever and everywhere else ive looked. But with better optional things to get with it.

Case Features:
-Aluminum Construction
-Large see-through window
-Blue LCD dual temperature display with 2 fan speed controllers
-6 blue UV sensitive 80mm LED fans are included
-2 X-Alien fan grills are included
-Removable motherboard tray
-Five 5.25" Drive Bays
-Seven 3.5" Drive Bays (Five Are Internal)
-Removable Motherboard Tray
-Front USB 2.0, Firewall and Audio Ports

Power Supply Features:
-500w
-Aluminum Casing
-Window Installed
-PSU Fan Speed Controller
-Two UV Sensitive LED Fans
-Green UV Sleeve on ATX connector
-Green UV On/Off Switch and Power Plug

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-26 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

First Off I would reccomend the external because they add on to the look and work better most of the time.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum