Sept. QoL patch suggestions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pron Site Undercover
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2014-08-30, 11:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mordelicius
Major

Sept. QoL patch suggestions

PS2 Devs are asking for Quality-of-Life suggestion for their September update. Post yours. Here's some:

Sunderers
- Stop spawning players under the Sunderer, killing them and giving us friendly fire prompts. I have never been weapon-locked in PS2 ever. Sunderer spawn getting me final warnings is ridiculous only because players spawn under it.

- Exiting a deployed, tilted Sunderer (now driver seat too) shoots you high or wide in the air, most of the time killing your in the process at landing.

- Sunderer gets T-boned by a careless Harasser, Flash or even a Tank driver and I ALWAYS get the friendly fire warning.

- Allow players to spot friendly AV mines so it's easier to Navigate a Sunderer spawn, rather to spam Q to figure out if it's friendly or not.

- Sunderer Spawn Shield extremely weak against AP snipers. It's pointless against tanks. Allow us to repair the shield. What's currently happening is engineers stare helplessly while the shield get whittled down. Once it's down, it can't be reasonably repaired under fire (unlike blockade Sunderer). Allow engineer to repair the shield itself. There are currently two Sundy Spawn options:

a) Enclosed space = Use Shielded Spawn Sundy (low chance of being tank sniped; high chance of infantry burst suicide)
b) Open space = Use armored Blockade Sundy. (high chance of being tank sniped; low chance of infantry burst suicide).

- Tell a Sunderer owner who blew up the Sunderer spawn with what weapon. I tired of enemy alts blowing spawn by dropping mines in conjunction with enemy attacks.

- A blown Sunderer debris will designate you as a friendly fire killer. Again, tired of "killing" so many friendlies with my own Sunderer. Give the kills to the player who blew it up.

Vanu
- Non-rendering Lancers. If anyone is wondering why the Vanu are the biggest Valkyrie complainers so far is because they are setting up it to be abused with their overpoweredly broken weaponries.

So, 4 rumble seats are in. These guys are going to hoover at the edge of a battlefield and snipe Sunderers and Tanks. Lower the Lancer range to 300m. The AV Mana Turret is despised due to its ability to hit at beyond render range. Why are Lancer afforded such broken mechanic? Do not allow them to fire or damage beyond 300m.

- Magriders on every Hill. Why are these tanks allowed to glide unto steep areas not accessible to any other tanks? You combine that with an utterly broken, all upside, no downside PPA gun and you got a faction that players will avoid.

Come visit Emerald where the Terran Republic explicitly avoid fighting the Vanu. The biggest reason is the Magriders. As a result, us NC has to always fight on two massive fronts. I see this as a benefit to the NC but I don't see it as a benefit to the game when a whole faction is discouraged to fight another faction.

Not only the TR admit avoiding the VS, if you call them out, they'd even suggest double-teaming the Vanu . It's that bad. Is this balance?

- Suppression mechanics. Vanu has all the suppression mechanics in this game. The TR has a some suppressing ability with their Prowlers and Max, while the NC has none.

Lashers need to be changed. It's too OP on doorways especially during a large scale fights. They are changing the broken PPA mechanic for this very reason, while Lashers survive (it's an infantry PPA). The Maxes who fires plasma balls too at extreme ranges is ridiculous as well.

General

- Overheating AA/AV/AI Base Turrets who lock. It's still not fixed. The heat bar do not go down. The only solution is to blow it up and repair it.

- Getting killed by an infiltrator while pulling a vehicle loses that vehicle and resources. It's not as bad now that resources are way too abundant. But when they get the resource mechanics in order, the vehicle terminal will be camped by infiltrators and snipers.

It's either I died before I can pull a vehicle or die but the vehicle survives outside the pad. At this time, I die and the vehicle just evaporates.

- Bug, dropping ammo while going from hipfire to ads as engineer.

That's all I can think of atm. Post yours.
Old 2014-08-31, 12:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghost Runner
Staff Sergeant

Re: Sept. QoL patch suggestions

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
PS2 Devs are asking for Quality-of-Life suggestion for their September update. Post yours. Here's some:

Sunderers
- Stop spawning players under the Sunderer, killing them and giving us friendly fire prompts. I have never been weapon-locked in PS2 ever. Sunderer spawn getting me final warnings is ridiculous only because players spawn under it.

- Exiting a deployed, tilted Sunderer (now driver seat too) shoots you high or wide in the air, most of the time killing your in the process at landing.

- Sunderer gets T-boned by a careless Harasser, Flash or even a Tank driver and I ALWAYS get the friendly fire warning.

- Allow players to spot friendly AV mines so it's easier to Navigate a Sunderer spawn, rather to spam Q to figure out if it's friendly or not.

- Sunderer Spawn Shield extremely weak against AP snipers. It's pointless against tanks. Allow us to repair the shield. What's currently happening is engineers stare helplessly while the shield get whittled down. Once it's down, it can't be reasonably repaired under fire (unlike blockade Sunderer). Allow engineer to repair the shield itself. There are currently two Sundy Spawn options:

a) Enclosed space = Use Shielded Spawn Sundy (low chance of being tank sniped; high chance of infantry burst suicide)
b) Open space = Use armored Blockade Sundy. (high chance of being tank sniped; low chance of infantry burst suicide).

- Tell a Sunderer owner who blew up the Sunderer spawn with what weapon. I tired of enemy alts blowing spawn by dropping mines in conjunction with enemy attacks.

- A blown Sunderer debris will designate you as a friendly fire killer. Again, tired of "killing" so many friendlies with my own Sunderer. Give the kills to the player who blew it up.

General

- Overheating AA/AV/AI Base Turrets who lock. It's still not fixed. The heat bar do not go down. The only solution is to blow it up and repair it.

- Getting killed by an infiltrator while pulling a vehicle loses that vehicle and resources. It's not as bad now that resources are way too abundant. But when they get the resource mechanics in order, the vehicle terminal will be camped by infiltrators and snipers.

It's either I died before I can pull a vehicle or die but the vehicle survives outside the pad. At this time, I die and the vehicle just evaporates.

- Bug, dropping ammo while going from hipfire to ads as engineer.

That's all I can think of atm. Post yours.
+ 1 to everything but the Vanu nerf suggestions.

Instead of Nerfing the Vanu give us some thing to counter the Vanu like faster lock times on launchers or anti energy weapon armor or something onlong those lines. I hate facing the Vanu as they are hard to hit due to their unique hover abilitys and crowd supression weapons, but I love the fact that they are so different. So I don't want them to loose those things that makes me hate facing them I would rather have counter options invented to deal with them like Glue mines lol stick that tank in place.
Old 2014-08-31, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Azzzz
Corporal

I agree with everything he said especially the lancer. AV got a shorter range because of out of render range but not the lancer? Come on...
Old 2014-08-31, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sarloh
Corporal

Sorry for changing the subject for a second here, but the Emerald TR attacking the NC and not the VS? It's a well known stereotype/joke that the NC and the VS simply can not attack each other. I've also never heard working together with the VS except that one time when it was a joke due to a Magrider in the TR warpgate.
Old 2014-08-31, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post
Sorry for changing the subject for a second here, but the Emerald TR attacking the NC and not the VS? It's a well known stereotype/joke that the NC and the VS simply can not attack each other. I've also never heard working together with the VS except that one time when it was a joke due to a Magrider in the TR warpgate.
I wouldn't worry about it, mostly it's about perception, sometimes it's strategy and it's all been going on for 11 years and will go on for as long as there is a planetside.
Old 2014-09-01, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
War Barney
Sergeant Major

You miss out a nerf on the sundie shield against C4, I put 2 C4 on a sundie then blew them up with a rocket and it still had 4/5 of its health left... basically it seemed to take the rocket damage and ignore the 2 c4 completely.

either thats a weird bug or its INSANELY OP vs C4 / rockets which more than makes up for a vunerability to tanks. Sundies aren't meant to be mega death tanks of doom that can take any number of hits, they are soft and squishy which is why you need to defend them. Hell I HATE all this defence stuff for sundies as its basically covering for idiots who dont want to use teamwork, it should be the job of the platoon to protect its sundie but they know nobody ever bothers with that so they gave it easy mode defence to make up for it.
Old 2014-09-02, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

If the Lancer is going to get a range nerf (and if it hits beyond render range, then fair play - that needs to stop), then it needs to be buffed in some other area to keep it useful.

As for the Lasher - suppression is its special ability. 1-on-1 it gets you killed, that seems fair to me - it's a genuine squad-support weapon and encourages tactical team-based play.

NC has suppression with the Falcon/Raven and with the Phoenix to some extent. Not great killers, but they force the enemy to keep their heads down - sounds like suppression to me.

Some form of light, fast-firing man-portable grenade launcher as a new NS heavy weapon could work though - something to fill a similar role to the Lasher.

Old 2014-09-02, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Canaris
Contributor
General

My biggest QoL issue, unloading 30-40 rounds into someone only to have them turn around and kill you with 5 shots, the hit detection in PS2 has been very bad recently and it affects the TR side with the lowest damage guns and highest RoF the most.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2014-09-02, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

My QoL suggestions would be as follows:
  • Reduced damage to infantry from vehicle collisions:
    Instead of being a OHK, damage infantry and knock them back and to the side. Ramming should not be a vehicle's most powerful weapon (and while we're at it, this would help avoid friendly-fire vehicle deaths).

• Remember last-used loadout as well as class:
    If the game picks a class for me, it should also pick the loadout I last used with that class - not just loadout 1. Related: don't always switch me to LA after I die as a MAX - pick the last non-MAX class and loadout I actually used.

• Refund some resources when redeploying as MAX:
    I realise this might be seen as abusable, but MAXs are expensive - and it's very annoying to lose that investment because you've deployed in the wrong place or got stuck under the world. Maybe return up to 50% of the cost when you redeploy - scaled by your current health total (i.e. 50% of cost when at 100% health)

• Separate button-mapping for infantry toggle abilities and deploy abilities:
    Ok, so I know I was one of the people who suggested that the Engi dropping ammo should be an F ability, but I'm so conditioned to pressing F right away when I take damage (due to playing mainly Medic and HA) that as an Engi I now shit an ammo box anytime someone shoots me. Yes, this is funny. But please, take pity on me This also applies to the Medic shield-regen thingy. Have these default to F, but let people like me who keep triggering them by accident shift that to another key to avoid mid-battle embarrassment (and death).

Last edited by Gatekeeper; 2014-09-02 at 10:27 AM.
Old 2014-09-03, 11:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Sarloh View Post
Ok, when is the last time NC Emerald warpgated the TR? The TR Emerald warpgates NC alot. And we're always outnumbered 2 or 3:1 Why? TR find it fun to fight the NC. And as NC, it's fun to fight the TR. But this always happens with Vanu zerging us as well from the other side.

Meanwhile, the VS Emerald look down on TR as a not worthy opponents, so they come to NC areas alot more times to try to break NC spirit. The only time VS comes deep to TR territory is when they ghost cap all the way to a Biolab and when TR wants to take it back, they want to farm.

Even on alerts, the TR will fight the NC even when VS is vastly on the lead
Old 2014-09-04, 12:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Gatekeeper View Post
If the Lancer is going to get a range nerf (and if it hits beyond render range, then fair play - that needs to stop), then it needs to be buffed in some other area to keep it useful.
If the tweaks are balanced, why not? But a VS squad, especially on high ground decimating vehicles out of render range is not balanced at all.

My biggest fear atm with Lancers is a squad a group of Valkyrie shooting out of render range and moving from area to area without even being seen. I look at Reddit and suggestions of magboost-type escape and massive speed increase by the Vanu scream at a coordinated-dump-burst dps and escape-easy-when-threatened gameplay. These high lvl VS know what they want that will synergize too well with their weaponry.

Logic: if Lancers are so OP on the ground. A mobile, aerial-based platform that doesn't render would be far worse to deal with.

I haven't fought a Valkyrie yet since its release. I'm waiting for the lag input fix, so I haven't seen what type of Meta, the Valkyrie is being used for by each empire.

As for the Lasher - suppression is its special ability. 1-on-1 it gets you killed, that seems fair to me - it's a genuine squad-support weapon and encourages tactical team-based play.
If the NC has slow firing explosive-tipped Railgun equivalent, I'll just fire that at the doorway and everyone trying to enter will have their shield stripped already and easy to kill.

That weapon would not be best for 1 vs 1 either.

NC has suppression with the Falcon/Raven and with the Phoenix to some extent. Not great killers, but they force the enemy to keep their heads down - sounds like suppression to me.
lol So, you view our AV weapons as AI suppression . These are horribly inefficient 'suppression' weapons. The only reason these weapons are used is because in open areas AI Max weapons are utterly useless in range.

If these weapons are so good at suppression, they would be used in Biolabs. Instead NC Maxes rather camp the doorway and be sticky grenaded, c4ed or rocketed.

Some form of light, fast-firing man-portable grenade launcher as a new NS heavy weapon could work though - something to fill a similar role to the Lasher.
They said Maxes will have an NS Machine-gun type weapon.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion