How Will Some Drivers/Pilots Get BEPs? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of this Quote
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-06, 10:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

All your BEP's are belong to Vanu!

on a note though, Hackers will get lotsa BEP's from capping base's, and commanders will love them, the guy who gets the kill gets the most, everyone else in the squad gets some. I think i have seen somthing about high ranking people being worth more, proably i am wrong though.
Old 2002-12-06, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Tobias

on a note though, Hackers will get lotsa BEP's from capping base's, and commanders will love them, the guy who gets the kill gets the most, everyone else in the squad gets some. I think i have seen somthing about high ranking people being worth more, proably i am wrong though.
please dont spout inaccurate info as the truth.

the devs have stated that all BEP is shared equally.
Old 2002-12-06, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

I think he's talking about killing a vet compared to killing a n00b. I know there has been a lot of talk about Vet's being worth more BEP, but I never saw the final word from the Dev's on the issue.
Old 2002-12-06, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Splitting BEPs would discourage group play, the devs want teamwork so it would be stupid to penalize people for working together.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
afex
Contributor
Major

like i said, you don't SPLIT BEPs, you SHARE them.

and unreg, i wasn't referring to tobias' comment about higher ranking ppl being worth more. he said that the person who gets the kill gets the most, which isn't true.

dev chat
<@SmokeJumperPS> [...] BEPs are shared between squad members. No watering-down of the xp will occur, but it's an absolute. If you don't kill, then you don't get a reward. Hurting someone ain't good enough.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Originally posted by Tobias

notice the
proably i am wrong though
part. I did not say my word was the truth
Old 2002-12-06, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
afex
Contributor
Major

your wording put that only with the last statement about higher rank and BEPs, which, like i said, i wasn't talking about.
Old 2002-12-06, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
�io
Lieutenant General

Re: Oh Dio....

That last comment you had isn't 100% true. What about a Galaxy pilot that has flown you through many dangerous areas where you where getting shot at?
Originally posted by Airlift
The guy on the front lines is only risking his own life. In contrast, the Galaxy pilot is risking up to 15 lives, and for a potentially longer period of time. How happy do you think the squad is going to be if their transport pilot gets shot down before reaching deployment? The whole mission fails if the squad doesn't make it to the target, and no one gets the points.

Now tell me I shouldn't get full BEPs for taking you there, and you can walk.

Sure in a situation where the pilot flies the troops into the heart of enemy territory fine give him my BEPs. But even then 100% is a bit much, i'd say more like 80-90% since he's not really invading the base himself or killing that squad. (Of course if the guy gets out and joins the team then he should get full BEP just like the rest.)

But what about the lazy bum who flies on the outskirts then lands 50 clicks from ANY kind of battle and makes you walk the rest of the way while he flies back to base, should he get full BEPs for that??
Old 2002-12-06, 02:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

Alright, give us the game now, so we can start putting bullets in each other and find out how it really works!!!
Old 2002-12-06, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Unregistered
Alright, give us the game now, so we can start putting bullets in each other and find out how it really works!!!

Yeah
Old 2002-12-06, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

But what about the lazy bum who flies on the outskirts then lands 50 clicks from ANY kind of battle and makes you walk the rest of the way while he flies back to base, should he get full BEPs for that??
In my (allegedly) humble opinion, I say give the lazy bum full BEPs and find yourself a better pilot for the next run. The reason I say that is because how do you determine whether the dropship pilot is leet or lazy? The only systematic metric of that pilot's skill is whether he delivers the troops on time and intact. Beyond that, the players will have to decide whether the pilot is worthy or weak.

If one way gives extra rewards to a crappy pilot, and the other way withholds rewards from a good pilot, always take door number 1. Who cares if a bum gets some extra BEPs, they aren't coming off of your total anyway.
Old 2002-12-06, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by Marsman
I believe all members of a squad gain BEP's when the squad achieves an objective (such as capturing a base). This was necessary for roles like medics who contribute to the squads success but might not aquire many kills. This would apply to drivers and pilots as well.
correct :]

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-06, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
afex
Contributor
Major

Originally posted by Marsman
I believe all members of a squad gain BEP's when the squad achieves an objective (such as capturing a base). This was necessary for roles like medics who contribute to the squads success but might not aquire many kills. This would apply to drivers and pilots as well.
even so, the medics et al also get all the BEPs that everyone else in their squad gets, even if you dont capture the objective.
Old 2002-12-07, 11:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Tobias
I'm with the Vanu

Just grab your flack jacket and AMP and shut up
Old 2002-12-07, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

kick the dumbass out of your squad. The way it is set up now it allows the players to kick out people who don't deserve the BEPs, but still gives BEPs to those who deserve it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion