Updated Beta Date - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: More drama than Broadway!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-30, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
NePaS
Corporal

Re: Updated Beta Date

Originally Posted by maddoggg View Post
I respect SOE very much,but i really dont agree with what they are doing on the matter of false promises.
And no it's not because i want a rushed in beta that may lead to a rushed in game(which i dont).
If they have said "beta wont be out until september" i can be ok with that aslong as it's true.
But teasing people that beta is coming withing 2 weeks or even a few days away and than drag it for months(it was supposed to be released in july if you believe their earlier statements)just so you can keep people hyped and constantly exited is not cool.
It's something i would expect from EA/DICE,but it wasnt something i expected from SOE :/
Have you ever thought that maybe the tech test has not gone as well as planned and that is why the date has been pushed back.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
james
Sergeant Major

He just needs to stop even giving dates. They haven't kept a single date.
perhaps the beta will be out by Halloween the rate its going.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Hosp
First Sergeant

I respect SOE very much,but i really dont agree with what they are doing on the matter of false promises.
And no it's not because i want a rushed in beta that may lead to a rushed in game(which i dont).
If they have said "beta wont be out until september" i can be ok with that aslong as it's true.
But teasing people that beta is coming withing 2 weeks or even a few days away and than drag it for months(it was supposed to be released in july if you believe their earlier statements)just so you can keep people hyped and constantly exited is not cool.
It's something i would expect from EA/DICE,but it wasnt something i expected from SOE :/
You set yourself up for the disappointment because time and time again they say that "as long as something unforeseen doesn't happen." (or whatever dozen or so ways they've said it). Guess what? Something must've happened. Maybe the TTs thought it wasn't ready. Maybe they tried to patch something last second and blew up their servers. Point being, something happened and now you blame them for your own skewed PoV.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
james
Sergeant Major

He just needs to stop even giving dates. They haven't kept a single date.
perhaps the beta will be out by Halloween the rate its going.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Hosp
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
I didn't see any promises. There WAS a ballpark date with heavy disclaimers.
+1 Good Sir.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
JoeDragon
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
You expect people to pay attention to disclaimers? No. They just want to pay attention to the parts they want, and then complain about the parts they ignored.
One day, this fact about people is likely to give me an aneurism.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
james
Sergeant Major

Dear SOE, get a CM so your president can stop talking out of his butt
Old 2012-07-30, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
NePaS
Corporal

Have you ever thought that maybe the tech test has not gone as well as planned and that is why the date has been pushed back.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
SkilletSoup
Corporal

Excellant trolling; where like that fishing show where they bring in that 5 mile troll line and every hook has a fishy on it. Excellant! J/K

But hey do what you have to do to get it right!
Old 2012-07-30, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
ThaNegotiator
Private

this is crap, you dont tell ppl its on a certain day in the first place because things are always going to change with betas, you should be walking on thin ice with everything you say because everyone will take anything and everything seriously.... talk about a shitty monday..... THANKS SMEDLEY YOU DOUCHE, cant wait to kill you in game
Old 2012-07-30, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
Poser
Staff Sergeant

I give up.

The good news is that the MechWarrior Online beta starts on Aug. 7th. They are a solid date and everything!
Old 2012-07-30, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Fine with me this is about work, not about Playing Games only beta testing Phases.
Waiting a FEw days no Problem i got a Life ,too.
Old 2012-07-30, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Xeb
Private

People asked for an estimated date for the start of beta and they got one... sure the date ended being wrong but thats estimations for you.

You can't blame Smedly for answering your question
Old 2012-07-30, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Make it awesome Smed! If I have to wait another week to drop my annual leave day bomb on my boss them so be it.

What would be good though is advanced links for downloading clients. If it's 10 gigs or something it's gonna take me half the day. Although I appreciate the file is very changeable at the moment, any forward date from beta deployment would be brilliant for those of us stuck with 100% copper wire between us and our provider.

Old 2012-07-30, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

"THE BETA WILL START NEXT MON OR TUESDAY BARRING ANY UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES." - John Smedley on 25. July.

It wasn't a promise for sure - there are circumstances, they deal with it. Period. We have been waiting for years, we can wait for a bit more. They are working for us after all.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion