Gameplay: Deconstruct vehicles at the V-bay - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Jesus LOVES You! Everyone else thinks your an asshole.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-22, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Purple
Sergeant Major

Deconstruct vehicles at the V-bay

i have not seen this posted before. this idea is to be able to drive your vehicles onto the V-bay or a designated area by it and deconstruct it for full or partial resource refund. this would allow for people logging off for the day or going on ops with their outfit to be able to get something out of the vehicles the managed to keep alive.

sorry if this idea has been posted before. i searched and looked but did not see it.
Old 2012-04-23, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Stew
Major

Re: Deconstruct vehicles at the V-bay

NO pushase = purshase NO refund ! As soon as u have use ur vehicules the ressource are used and theyre is No refund !

I do not want to see any refund mechanics in the game !

So people will have to learn how to spend their ressource carefully !

With a refund systhem people will be able to use a quad or a tansport vehicules and after transfort their vehicules into a tanks or a reaver ? NO WAY this will allow players mostly to run the game with a infinite type of ressource as long as they dont get destroy !
Old 2012-04-23, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kipper
Captain

Full refund is fine if the vehicle hasn't fired or been fired on - its pristine.

Once it's been involved in combat - no matter whether engineer repaired or not, it hold be flagged as "used" and only be worth a partial refund.

Like OP says, it needs to be fair for if you're organising a group and someone already pulled a vehicle you don't need (say two people pulled a sunderer thinking each was going to be driving or something)

But like responder says - you shouldn't be able to stretch your resource allocation indefinitely. I say if you're good enough to keep your vehicle in play through a battle though, you deserve to get something back for it.

In reality tho, unless it was a mistake getting the vehicle, I don't see many people giving them back, most people will play a role till they get killed and only consider switching on respawn.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DDSHADE
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: Deconstruct vehicles at the V-bay

I like this idea. It could play out a number of ways:

First, I think even if you have a vehicle you've been using a while you should get a refund if you want to bring it back.

If not, mistaken vehicle spawns should be redeemable withing 2-3 minutes of spawning them, otherwise you get no refund.

OR a third option. Refunds could be given as a bonus for recycling old equipment, so long as it is in good condition (90-100% Health). You would be able to get either a couple extra resources back depending on how many kills were made with the vehicle. Not many, but something to reward the pilot/driver for skill, and for scoring multiple kills with the vehicle. If not bonus or full reimbursement, then perhaps simply a stat tracked for an "Auraxian Tree Hugger" Achievement

I think this should at least be considered, to give players their resources back for vehicles they may not have needed after all.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault