Indar, use it or loose it! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: aka hoochies r us.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Old 2013-02-18, 09:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Indar, use it or loose it!

So Indar is hotly contested but no one can take it and we're all getting real sick, annoyed, or bored with it. The sheer mass of the NC can't liberate it and bring it freedom, the war machine of the TR can't oppress it and bring it back into martial law under a crimson banner, and the prophets of the Vannu can't foresee in the near future a enlightened world where scholars can spread there ways in peace so here's my question to the denizens of Connery: Wat do?

Since no ones willing to just surrender Indar can any outfits or unified faction fronts hold Essamire or Amerish for a month+ so pride tempts everyone to fight there or will we have to wait for a new continent or some big game changing thing via a weapons balance or warpgate rotation before we see fighting shift significantly somewhere else?

I know everyone wants the bragging rights to say "I claimed Indar and broke the stalemate!" and I'll be the first to admit I really enjoy the cert farm at Scarred Mesa Skydock and Quartz Ridge Camp but really? Is anyone else getting bored with Indar?

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-02-18 at 09:28 PM.
Old 2013-02-19, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghodere
Corporal

Re: Indar, use it or loose it!

No one can take it because the losing factions have nowhere else to go. Because nobody plays on Esamir/Amerish, nobody goes there, and the Indar losers have no choice but to stick it out to the end. Without server merges I can't see this changing, even if we get new continents. Either one of them will become the new Indar or they'll both be ghost towns. It's really unfortunate but I can't see it changing without more population; everybody wants a fight, so you go where the fight is.

When we get Searhus/Hossin, they HAVE TO HAVE TO merge servers. Even with the population of all the USW servers we wouldn't come close to pop capping 4 or 5 servers, which wouldn't be ideal anyhow.

Also, having a big outfit hold another cont just might work, if they could defend it from the ghostcappers in the middle of the night. If you coordinated to spread the news of a big fight on another continent via all 3 empires' orders channels you might get some action for a few hours, but it wouldn't last. I just don't see what we, the players, can do to remedy this for good.
Old 2013-02-19, 04:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

I don't think server merge would solve the problem of Indar being the center of attention, Continents do have a population cap which is frequently met. NC have had as high as 65% on Indar since the warpgate rotation that I've seen and still haven't claimed it.

I think the issue is "incentive" 10% bonus on Infantry, Tank, or Aircraft is nice but hardly worth campaigning over where pride and bragging rights that the TR held Indar for just about 2+ months uncontested then the UES fiasco was enough to compel the NC and VS to cease fire each other and work together to neutralize the continent, now everyone wants the bragging rights to say they broke the Indar siege.
Old 2013-02-19, 05:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghodere
Corporal

I honestly think the issue is on a smaller scale than that. If I log in, and I look at Amerish and see there are enemies detected in the warpgates and nowhere else, well, I sure as hell am not going to frolic among the fields by myself. I'm going to go to Indar because that's the only place I can possibly get a decent fight. Esamir and Amerish have problems, yes, and that's why the population shifted to Indar to begin with, but if we had the population to lock Indar and still put decent fights on the other continents, most people wouldn't sit in a queue just to fight on Indar.

That's my theory, anyway- that every single player makes the choice of where to fight, not for a grand scale reason like faction pride, but based on where they can get the most fun fights or farm the most certs, and in that light there's no reason for anyone to ever go to Amerish/Esamir.
Old 2013-02-19, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Artimus
Master Sergeant

I play on Waterson and the NC have taken Indar.. After that the zerg keeps anyone from reclaming it. O
Old 2013-03-02, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Perhaps we all agree once a week one faction takes it once cont locking is in, this way Indar is outta bounds for everyone and we will see decent fighting on the other continents.

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-02, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

You lost me at "we all agree."
Old 2013-03-02, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Koadster
Sergeant Major

Well NC/VS agree regularly to only fight TR, so its not that far fetched

MuNrOe : Eat a Dick sandwich TR
Old 2013-03-03, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Maybe they agree because they hate us? TR 2 STRONG and all that... lol
Old 2013-03-03, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

All the good guys play TR. NC is full of teens who think they are playing SPACE AMURRICA, unaware they are actually space whiskey rebellion. ;D

VS is played by peeps who went LAZER GUNS!
Old 2013-03-04, 12:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

True story
Old 2013-03-19, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Soothsayer
Contributor
Sergeant Major

TR held Indar for weeks when we were in the north. I agree though, sunday night on esamir was awesome and a much needed change.
Old 2013-03-19, 05:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

They need to remove indar from the game. Indar isn't built to be winnable or capturable, thats the thing. It was built as a game preview and beta cont where nobody could win. Replace it with a cont that is meant to be capture-able.

also fuck indar, right in the face with a rusty railroad tie. lets fight on esamir and amerish more.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-03-20, 06:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Esamir was fun for a while. Finally figured out how to make my rockets land on infantry.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)