Hackers and Connery, call them out. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'm winning in this Grief point thing!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-04, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Hackers and Connery, call them out.

Warning: This will probably devolve into a QQ thread because a lot of people have it in there head that every time the're killed it MUST be a hacker, Wrong.

But there are a lot of clear cut obvious hackers like MAX flying in the air with a aim bot, Engineers teleporting and having unlimited Tank Mines, so on etc. For the most part Sony and Planetside2 are much better then a lot of free-2-play games about stamping out hackers when there found but as any F2P game goes it's going to be plagued with hackers, it will never be stopped.

With all of that said I want this thread to try and call out who do you think is balls-to-the-wall, doesn't even try to hide it hacking, what outfit do you think is plagued with the most hackers, Do you think that Outfit turns a blind eye to hackers and allows them, or what? and lastly I want to know what measures does your outfit take to identify hackers in there Outfit and beyond just kicking them out of the Outfit and reporting them, what other things do you try to do to stop or shine a spotlight on a hacker?
Old 2013-04-04, 09:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Re: Hackers and Connery, call them out.

My Outfit, TXR, has random "Traitor Events" where spur of a moment a handful of officers and others will play there NC or VS alts and stalk TXR platoons to fight against them, originally we did this as just a fun rivalry event but it's shown to be a competent way to spot hackers in our Outfit.

So far we've found one hacker who aim-botted in our Outfit, kicked him, reported him, and went as far as to report the guy on Twitter to any devs we could and sure enough he was dealt with.
Old 2013-04-04, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Neutral Calypso
Sergeant Major

Accusations of hacking in the PSU forums is against the forum rules as I recall.
Old 2013-04-05, 06:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
HereticusXZ
First Sergeant

Well if a Moderator or Admin thinks the thread is wrong then they can remove it, no harm no foul.

If no one wants to say any names to get a community opinion... fair enough, no drama. But my question still stands with beyond simply kicking a hacker from a outfit and reporting supposed hackers and letting GM's sort it all out, what else can we do to deal with hackers?

Last edited by HereticusXZ; 2013-04-05 at 06:23 AM.
Old 2013-04-05, 06:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Neutral Calypso View Post
Accusations of hacking in the PSU forums is against the forum rules as I recall.
Indeed it is.
"Do not accuse specific players of cheating. This is a customer service issue and should be dealt with in game (with /report) or via SOE Customer Support."

We're supposed to be using the ingame reporting tool and customer service to report cheaters. Sadly sometimes the social media gets quicker results.
Personally I'm tired of seeing blatant hackers going around and ruining the game experience for far more than 4 hours before anything is done.

Anyway, PSU isn't for hackusations.

In fealty to Planetside Universe (our undying home) and by the Grace of the Golden Hammer, I hereby close this thread before any hackusations start.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.

Last edited by ChipMHazard; 2013-04-05 at 07:09 AM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > Server Forums > Connery (US West)