VS Weapons? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Remember - it's adopt a noob month!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-10-22, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Serpent
Staff Sergeant

Re: VS Weapons?

They have spread... LOL and the HA Orion is a joke at anything besides short range. You CAN'T fight at long range as VS, it's just too suicidal.
Old 2012-10-22, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

They were talking a bit about extending their range at SOE Live.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-10-22, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
They were talking a bit about extending their range at SOE Live.
Honestly, its not even their range i have a problem with.

Every time i come around a corner at the same time as an NC or TR, i just lose.

Every time i'm firing at someone at short range with the carbine, i lose. Even when i start shooting first, i lose. I watch all my bullets hit the target, then he starts firing and i somehow die sooner.

Its like the TTK on the VS Carbines is about double the other two factions, and in place of that we get lower recoil and fire rate. Thats a pretty awful trade.

I feel like my personal 'skill' doesn't even come into it, because unless someone literaly starts with their back to me, i will still lose.

Even when i win, i have alot less life left than i expect.

I'm using the shotgun almost all of the time, because it actually kills people. The Carbines are just awful.

Last edited by Xaine; 2012-10-22 at 07:02 PM.
Old 2012-10-22, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Yutty
Sergeant

Damn i thought I was the only one who kept getting dropped in 1.5 secs by NC. So many times I've behine someone or flanked them from the side at short to medium range and start shooting first. I get a shot or 2 off then they just turn around and drop me. Makes no sense and the kill screen majority of the time shows i barely did any damage to their actual health too. I always have to go extremely close to them cuz any other range is un reliable aiming from the hip and down the sights.
Old 2012-10-22, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Xaine
Major

Originally Posted by Yutty View Post
Damn i thought I was the only one who kept getting dropped in 1.5 secs by NC. So many times I've behine someone or flanked them from the side at short to medium range and start shooting first. I get a shot or 2 off then they just turn around and drop me. Makes no sense and the kill screen majority of the time shows i barely did any damage to their actual health too. I always have to go extremely close to them cuz any other range is un reliable aiming from the hip and down the sights.
Pretty much that.

I don't even try and hipfire. TR will rape you every time because they fire faster and have more ammo in their guns.
Old 2012-10-22, 08:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Serpent View Post
They have spread... LOL and the HA Orion is a joke at anything besides short range. You CAN'T fight at long range as VS, it's just too suicidal.
cool, thought it was just me suck at range as i like get other heavys shields down to 25% in the time it takes for them to kill me, happens pretty constantly.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-10-22, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
cool, thought it was just me suck at range as i like get other heavys shields down to 25% in the time it takes for them to kill me, happens pretty constantly.
Yea, as an engineer I just try to tag as many people as I can.. if I get too close I am screwed. I just hide behind whatever MAX is around and try to keep them up while dispensing ammo boxes like pills.

When I played my TR or NC I can reliably get kills.. as a VS I have to get the jump on them to win. Even then it seems like I lose a lot of the fire fights I should win.
Old 2012-10-23, 02:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Realmofdarkness
Corporal

maybe give VS weapons more dmg to shields. that would be a more fun way to seperate alien technology from bullets
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion