Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues - Page 12 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If we run you over, it wasn't our falt
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-05-15, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #166
Mustakrakish
Corporal

Re: Your top annoying bugs and "quality of life" issues

1. Weapon stability on vehicles. Since GU08, I feel like I've got Parkinson's sometimes when I jump in the gunner's seat. (I know it's not relevant to GU09, but could we perhaps get a Weapon Stabilizer cert chain for vehicle weapons sometime in the future?)
  2. Some method of instantly entering a squadmate's vehicle when it's spawned would be great, especially for aircraft. It'd cut down on the vehicle pads turning into parking lots, and you wouldn't have to worry about pubbies flooding into your Sunderer if you've already got a squad waiting to jump in.
  3. I'd like to see the changes to auto-resupply that are up on the Public Test Server implemented.
  4. It'd be cool if the stat display for weapons in the loadout menu reflected the changes in the weapon's performance due to attachments.
  5. Add an "Un-squelch" button in the Voice & Chat menu. Having to manually reset the volume for channels to un-mute them is kind of time-consuming.
  6. Speaking of Voice & Chat menu, it'd be great if any user-created voice channels showed up on their own tab.
  7. Make decals show up on top of Composite Armor if it's equipped. Otherwise nobody can see my awesome Classic Reaper decal.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #167
Artalion
Private

A good improvement for the game would be to buff flashlights. As it stands now, they do nothing but make it easier for people to see you and by extension, kill you. Oh, they also take up valuable space which is better served by other equipment.

A suggestion would be to add IR Flashlights, which are invisible to the naked eye, but greatly enhance the range of an IR scope, at the cost of being visible to any opponents with an IR scope.

Another suggestion would be to add underbarrel flare launchers. This would be very useful to squad or platoon leaders during night ops. They can use it to illuminate the battlefield, showing where the bad guys are. They can use it to direct forces to a particular building or rock, without having to switch to the map to set down smoke markers. It can also be used to get the attention of a friendly galaxy, which might have trouble picking up folks at night. Best of all, you can fire them into the air after capping a base, giving a little fireworks show.

If the ability to have fireworks at the end of a base cap isn't a quality of life improvement, I don't know what is.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #168
Kaomet
Private

A way to ressuply a vehicle as for infantry.

Or something else, like a deconstruction pad, that give the ressource back and set the timer to zero.

This mechanism would allow us to "move" a vehicle to an other continent, too.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #169
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Nice thread!!

Here are my bug bears Higby my man:

1. I would like a tick box in settings to hide death count and KDR on a session by session basis. If people want it displayed they can, if they hate looking at it they can get rid. Free to play, your way. Everyone wins.

2. Drop down favourite loadouts *need* to be hotkeyed

3. /re needs fixing in large populations. Yelling tactics and strategy isn't great.

4. When being revived it would be nice to see the level of the med-tool user. Also Triage should be cheaper.

5. All squad colours need to be customizable. Purple Charlie isn't great.

6. Passive cert on vehicles: time away from driver seat increases before deconstruct.

Keep up the good work

Old 2013-05-15, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #170
DeeX
Private

2 Words

Recertification Item
Old 2013-05-15, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #171
Emperor Newt
Second Lieutenant

Spawn rooms (aka: death traps) can be easily camped (applies to almost all spawn rooms). In addition attackers often can easily gain a vantage (aka height) advantage over the defenders, making camping spawns even easier.
To make a long story short: way too often spawn camping wins the fight. Redesign spawn rooms and positions. Again.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #172
Nathaniak
Corporal

Longer Generator meltdown times - 2 mins min, SCU at 4 mins. Give the defenders a bit of time to respond.
Old 2013-05-15, 01:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #173
SolLeks
Master Sergeant

I know this is not really a bugfix and probably has no chance of getting looked at, but I would LOVE yall if you made stero 3D work correctly! it -kinda- works right now (long -kinda-, unplayable) and I have no idea how hard it would be to fix, but I would LOVE yall if you fixed that.

or add rift support =)
Old 2013-05-15, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #174
NormandyXF
Private

Fixing aircraft landing skids glitch where landing skid gets stuck in fixed down position, especially on liberators. Gets annoying having to land randomly to get a skid out of your gunners face.

Stop character from uncrouching when firing phoenix.

Fix reliability of flares against strikers.

3D air radar like one in space sims.

Double flight ceiling for aircraft.

Greatly increase the range at which command smoke renders.

Also, add a vehicle resupply cert for galaxies.

Last edited by NormandyXF; 2013-05-15 at 05:39 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #175
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I and some of the people I know want:
  1. An ability to choose what covers what - squad (player/vehicle) icons vs equipment icons.
  2. An ability to customize platoon colors.
  3. Vehicle refitting.
  4. More precise indication of what generator is destroyed on a base.
  5. Okay, this one is huge, yet it's really small in terms of how long it takes to change it: "/order" and "/lead(er)" working for anyone who got the cert. It can increase the overall coordination. *
  6. As stupid as it may sound... GPS for when traveling on roads.
  7. Special Air Radar Minimap for our beloved flyboys, as part of some chassis. **
  8. No offense, but goddamn player models inside vehicles like Scythe, Mosquito, Reaver, Liberator, Galaxy and Sunderer.
  9. Bomber Cam for Liberator Pilots. Or at least "free look" button working in third person.
  10. Better indication of how you can switch firemodes on MANA ACE to pull an ammobox.
  11. MAXes having different minimap icons. At least for when they are spotted, not when they are pinged by a proxy radar.
  12. Price reduction on the last levels of certs for, say healing and repairing tools, or suits. Or at least make the last tick give something of much higher value then just one insignificant tick everyone can do without.
  13. EVERY player collidable, no matter friend or foe outside the warpgate. The glitch with enemies walking right through you with a shotgun is rather annoying.
  14. A quick pass over terminal locations. It always eluded me, why we need a terminal inside a tower v-bay, while we can't have one on the level of the CP. That terminal down there is used far more often by enemies rather than friendlies.
  15. Sunderer Proximity Radar distance further than that of a Flash. There's a lot of Sundy drivers that can back me up on the fact that Proxy Radar on the vehicle is by no means a good substitute for AMS or Shield Diffuser.
  16. Bug with Lockon weapons firing blanks fixed.

* Alot of people may say tons of BS about how it's gonna create spam and OMGEVERYNOOBWANTSTOLEAD, but:
a) There're "security drones" that can silence people if somebody starts spamming too much.
b) With the upcoming rush lanes, IT IS IMPERATIVE that you give better coordination tools for solo players, since it is most likely that most of the "backhacks" are going to be met not with giant platoons fighting in a zerg, but by small groups, that are not even necessarily in a squad.
Otherwise it's just gonna end up as if there was no change to the system, just like it happened during the Harasser focus test, when I was pitted alone against a group of 6 without any real means to report it, since nobody was "ordering" for me to see to whom I can realte to. If you consider it to be to radical of a measure, at least give such players "/sitrep" option that delivers messages to anyone who has leadership chat active at the time.

** No need to invent anything here. Just a minimap that shows all aircraft in proximity (at the expense of showing ground units) with up and down arrows next to their icons, relaying whether the vehicle is under or above you and vertical distance dispalyed via the size of the icon. The further up/down it is, the smaller it is.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.

Last edited by NewSith; 2013-05-15 at 02:31 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #176
OmegaPREDATOR
Corporal

Well,

Start solving all bugs already reported ingame and on the forum (espacially bugs who are still here till Beta - teleport when going outside a vehicule, gall-drop dead, passing through ground, liberator main gun with no 3rd personne view, ... -).

Some color customisations would be usefull for lots off things:
  1. Add color-blind mode OR a fully costomisable color/gray-scale for enemies/base/map/squads.
  2. Would be interesting to add a special color for all members of an outfit (outside of the squad/platoon).
  3. Had the possibility to have more than 4 squads in a platoon or had connected platoons visible on map, will greatly help for tactics.

Re-certification item AND weapon would be usefull cause each new weapon and weapon modification old one could became useless and it's really frustrating.

Return the interdiction area of warpgate on mini-map.

About FOV limitation (speaking about the one we can change ingame), lots of people ask for greater one, other whine cause it's not fear. I understand the two side but a little greater FOV will be appreciate, something like 90-95. Add the possibility to change also vehicule FOV would be great.
BUT the main trouble (which is actually solve with a greater FOV) is distance of view from the back of vehicule in 3rd personne view. It would be interresting to have a customisation distance wich could allow 5-10 more meters (? will be usefull to test) to see what is behind/under you.

For all vehicules:
  1. it will be helpfull to had the nitro/boost/cloak/flare/fire extinguisher/armor visible in 3rd personne view AND see time before return.
  2. When "turning head" in 1st peronne view, don't turn HUD (except if whe can shoot somewhere else than in front of the vehicule.

About aircraft:
  1. greater ceiling altitude, about 1500-2000m, for have a real air-air system.
  2. "real" altitude on the cockpit and in 3rd personne view.
  3. some indicators of near allied vehicules and spotted ennemies ones to avoid collisions (could be like the one in WoWarplane).

Last edited by OmegaPREDATOR; 2013-05-15 at 02:54 PM.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #177
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Scythe Landing Gear. Because chasing it down is annoying as hell.

Nerf Lib stall orientation (or lack thereof) because putting a tank cannon on a flying tank that can shoot in pretty much any direction was a bad idea.

Harasser Health. A bit too durable for something that's as fast as a flash AND handles more stably.

recert item, server transfer tokens, renaming tokens, etc.

vehicle reequip at the cost of original resource cost.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #178
disky
Sergeant

Faster activation of C4 after deploying it. The time it takes to press the button is an eternity under fire.

Also, grenade cooking, please.
Old 2013-05-15, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #179
Highway Star
Private

ADD MORE CLASS/VEHICLE LOADOUTS, THREE ISN'T ENOUGH. I WILL EVEN PAY FOR THEM!

/caps

I've pretty much bought all guns and equipment in the game now - I've got a million possible loadout combinations per class and vehicle. Being limited to just 3 is such a pain. I'd like to have at least 6.

You could just tell me to 'edit loadouts on the fly' but the menus are so fiddly and gun attachments dismount when you swap weapons out. Putting then back on is very time consuming, esspecially in a combat situation.

Giving me more loadout slots will just make the game more enjoyable and make me more interested in buying more weapons in future updates. Right now I won't be buying any more guns since I'll never have a free loadout slot for them
Old 2013-05-15, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #180
Larington
Corporal

Not being able to see player numbers on the map/minimap if they are occupying vehicles. If it's a galaxy or sunderer, display each squad/platoon member number in a circle around the vehicle with the driver in the middle. Possibly have it so that the display blinks backwards and forwards between the vehicle and occupant as an option.

Let me cycle through the loadouts for each class by pressing the button for that class multiple times*. I HATE clicking, dragging the mouse across, clicking the drop down, clicking an option in the drop down moving the mouse again then clicking resupply/spawn when in my mind I'm thinking "If only I could just click Engineer twice to select loadout 2 and move the mouse straight to the resupply/spawn button" the entire time.

*Same for vehicles, also please figure out a way to change loadouts on vehicles after pulling them, even if it requires you to deconstruct the thing at the rearm tower and cause a despawn-respawn for it to happen.

Also let the platoon leader set squad waypoints for each squad, number or colour them appropriately as needed.

Also let me set a personal waypoint by pointing my crosshair at the terrain and press a button (or key combination for different types of waypoint (Like "N 1" would be personal waypoint, "N 2" would be a platoon waypoint, "N 3" for squad 1 waypoint, upwards to 7-0 for smoke)). Sometimes I need to grab a supressed sniper rifle so I can curve my bullet over deployed engineer turrets at range, and to do this I find it necessary to place a waypoint on my target to get the ranging right on my shot.

Oh, and Planetside 1 had this neat thing where the health graphic for your vehicle also displayed the direction the turrets were pointing. Found it ever so useful. I'd be in a deliverer, I'd hear my co-gunner open fire and all I had to do was look at the graphic to see which direction I needed to point my gun at as well.

I want the option to put cert points in to extend the non-occupied lifespan of certain vehicles. I like putting my flash in an out of the way place with radar module installed, or use it to move between sniping positions and having to run over it to reset the mere 5 minutes timer is a pain in the ass.

Last edited by Larington; 2013-05-15 at 03:59 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion