Why is NC winning? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: skinny, tall and hotT
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-25, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MYcrimsonTEARS
Corporal

the reason i feel they win is all the exploits and dumb ass changes the devs made... why in (insert deitys name here) did the devs give the vanguard the best armor ? the prowler should of had that spot. the mag is fine but the prowler is to under powerd and the van is over powerd... other than that there is the suirge agile thing... thats so cheap...
Old 2004-01-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Cattle, I believe you are absolutly correct as it stands now, Cycler is better than Gauss indoors.
I believe this next patch will change that.

But you are right. Gauss does have a signifigantly smaller clipsize.

As far as the Suppresor goes, the expanded graph shows that you'd be better off outdoors with a Suppresor than a Pulsar.
I stand by that statement.
Old 2004-01-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Acaila
First Lieutenant

People do not know how to read graphs these days.

The only NC weapon which I rate as the worst in its class is the Sparrow.
Old 2004-01-25, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Angel_of_Death
Second Lieutenant

Why is NC winning? Like everyone else said, the equipment. JH obviously is in a different class compared to MCG and lasher, Vanguard is way too powerful, and IMO the scattercannon is the best.

CR5's might as well be typing in a different language for all the people that listen to them. And most of them are idiots too. I've seen only a handful of smart CR5's on Emerald, all empires included. They make no big difference, especially in big zerg battles (it's called a zerg for a reason, just mindlessly running in to death ).
Old 2004-01-25, 05:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I have to agree with Greyflcn. If you aren't killing people with the gauss, you aren't using it right. If you are in point blank range with a gauss, you can still win, but just barely. You have to keep the center of the cof dead on the person and regardless of the spray, most of your shots will still connect. The only exception is the MCG, because he's doing the same thing but his bullets do much more damage.

I have about 5,000-6,000 gauss kills, so I think I can speak about the gauss in this thread, at least
Old 2004-01-25, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Thx.

Also, regardless of what Rbster imagines
MA all have the same starting CoF
Old 2004-01-28, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Retroactive
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by WritheNC
I have about 5,000-6,000 gauss kills, so I think I can speak about the gauss in this thread, at least
you have 440 kills. total. that or Dicepoint b0rked.
Old 2004-01-28, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Jackson443
you have 440 kills. total. that or Dicepoint b0rked.
You could always look at his signature.

Edit: Ah, I see the 440 now. See, that 440 is this week. Looking at his kill totals leaves little reason to doubt how many have come from the Gauss.
Old 2004-01-25, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

i never said they weren't the same size, but the cof is to big for the smaller distance decrease than the others, i'm talking 4x zoom. But in the case of a cycler you don't have to worry about that becuase of the much reduced bloom, faster fire rate, and much enlarged clip.

nearly all of my non-sniped kills as an infantry man are guass, i know how to use it. But both it and the pulsar(while weeker it does have good AP i consider them tied) are nothing compared to the cycler and you asked name one thing, that was on the top of my list.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-25, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

It's the NC's "uber" command structure
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2004-01-26, 12:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The Van won't splash infantry to death? Tell that to the countless Agile suits I've one-shotted with splash since the balance pass. Devs can make mistakes, you know.

"Prowler has the best AV DPS as well fool."

Ignoring the fact that you attacked someone with insults instead of focussing on their argument...

The Prowler's 'DPS superiority' is bullshit. Perhaps when figuring direct hits, it is superior, but Van's splash is vastly superior. Don't bother telling me otherwise, I've gunned extensively since the balance pass. That and you can instantly switch from 150mm to 20mm to kill aircraft and the fact that Van has a LOT more armor make it the clear winner.

If you think a plasma Thumper is going to stop a reinforced, health-kit popping, Surging HA guy in a tower, you're used to fighting n00bs or spawn-camping. As for Rocklets, same deal.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-26, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Fenrys
Major

Its the Vanguard/Jackhammer combo. The best tank gets them inside and the best inside weapon gets them the base.

I have not played much as a TR, but NC leadership on Markov is far superior to VS leadership on Emerald. Apples and Oranges, but from what I hear they have better leaders on Emerald as well.
Old 2004-01-26, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If they have better leaders, it's because they have so many more of them. I'll go with the Van/Jackhammer explanation out of respect for the skilled commanders I've seen from TR and VS.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-01-26, 08:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Winged_Nazgul
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Veteran
NC has the most CR3s, CR4s, CR5s and BR20s (by far) in the game.

Without generalizing about NC players, why do you think this is?
We have the most CEP Whores?
Old 2004-01-26, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

The prowler is far superior to the Vangaurd. I have gunned every night in the past few days and the 100mm is the best AV tank weapon in the game by a long shot. Van's get hit a few times and they just bug and take 5 mins to repair all their armor and one of my reavers chases them down and kills the driver, yay, new Vangaurd for us. In the past few days, I haven't lost to a Vangaurd yet only magriders due to their better agility.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion