Does a Magrider actually shoot? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What is PlanetSide?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-25, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Tryndamere
Sergeant

Best way to balance the Magmower is to decrease its strafing speed. It can move just as quickly laterally as forward, and that is dumb.

Screw the realism of a "hover tank should strafe" when it creates a balance issue.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Cyskoraeban
Corporal

perhaps if they made the Mag ride a little higher, and if you crouch when it goes over, you shouldn't take damage... I'm a VS myself, but it is just brutal to see you NC and TR get run over so much I don't even have time to shoot at you. I'll be the FIRST to say that it IS unfair... (although I think I might use a Mag today just so I can run peeps over for the exp )
Old 2003-06-25, 03:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Revolver
Second Lieutenant

I think they should make it so the mag has to actually touch you to kill you. Right now, they have a 10' diameter invisible disc of death(tm).
Old 2003-06-25, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Solendon
Corporal

Re: <grin>

Originally posted by Agathon
As an engineer I love putting mines down just to get the occasional magrider kill.
If a Magrider is a hover tank, does it still set off mines? Seems like it shouldn't since it has no contact with the ground. I suppose one could argue that these are futuristic/magic mines that have some sort of special proximity sensing mojo in them.
Old 2003-06-25, 03:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Slab
Corporal

My Vanu went from BR3 to BR10 just by running people over with the magmower. Without grouping, of course.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."
Old 2003-06-25, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
SmilingBandit
Private

Re: Re: <grin>

Originally posted by Solendon
If a Magrider is a hover tank, does it still set off mines? Seems like it shouldn't since it has no contact with the ground. I suppose one could argue that these are futuristic/magic mines that have some sort of special proximity sensing mojo in them.
Current anti-tank mines have proximity sensors in them (ie: M70 / M73), so why in the future would they go to pressure exclusively.
Old 2003-06-25, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
starrider
First Lieutenant

yea once i was flyin my reaver too close to the ground and i blew up a mine.....sucked.

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown
Old 2003-06-25, 04:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

Mag doesnt move sideways just as fast as forward and/or backward.

Once in a while i get hit by Vanguards and take very little damage. I've always been in infil, in the crouched position and not seen it coming. It just pushes me along eventually turning and leaving me with only a little health.

Then i get sideswiped by a magrider and get 25 grief for almost getting TKed.
Old 2003-06-25, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

Running things over with the mag is fine but I agree maybe they should make the bumper of the magmower somewhat realistic. I love being hit by that 60ft invisible bumper as much as the next guy but it's sort of getting annoying now.
Old 2003-06-25, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Solendon
Corporal

Re: Re: Re: <grin>

Originally posted by SmilingBandit
Current anti-tank mines have proximity sensors in them (ie: M70 / M73), so why in the future would they go to pressure exclusively.
I wasn't aware the mines in PS were anti-tank. I thought there were infantry? Or are they supposed to be multi-purpose?

Regardless, my point was hovercraft today can avoid detonating mines because they place so little localized pressure on the ground. Unless they invented a technology to explain why a hover tank (or aircraft) would set of mines, I thought the same would be true in PS.
Old 2003-06-25, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

Mines are multi purpose. They're used quite often for anti vehicle.
Proximity mines would explain that as stated above. When an object steps within a certain sensor area the mine detonates regardless of whether or not they are on the ground of hovering about it.
Old 2003-06-25, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Originally posted by starrider
yea once i was flyin my reaver too close to the ground and i blew up a mine.....sucked.
My favorite kills are when my prox mines kill reavers. I spend a lot of time mining bridges and sometimes a reaver will swoop down for what he thinks is an easy kill....right on to my mine field. First time it happened I almost fell off the bridge from laughing so hard.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
Old 2003-06-25, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Slab
Corporal

Back on topic, people.
"Priority is never to kill. Priority #1 is to annoy, annoy, annoy."
Old 2003-06-25, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
12tontuna
Corporal

Actually, the reason you people see so many Magriders running people over is simple.

It's our best "defense" against the Jackhammer. Seeing as how all it's users invariably run blindly toward the enemy, I for one, will merrily squash the little bastards.

All that, and it's only 3 certs!

I agree that on the other end, it may seem that the Mag is nowhere close to you when it hits you (hell, my NC character has experienced it) but on my side, I ran smack into you. Something is clearly wrong with the netcode or something.

For instance, the other night, I drove headlong into an NC sieged courtyard. I ran DIRECTLY over 28 persons who were standing (yes I counted). Suddenly, I was dead. When I spawned, (about 3 minutes later, due to lag) I found I was credited with 3 kills. I never saw what killed me.

It may or may not be the Mag itself. I've been run over by Vans, Prowlers, Reavers, Sunderers, Deliverers, ANTS, AMSs and everything else...all of which seemed to be nowhere near me at one time or another.
Old 2003-06-25, 05:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Sando138
Second Lieutenant

Given my experiences in dealing with the Vanu, the Magrider is very adept at running people over, particularly with it's inflated bumper-zone. there is something wrong with the collision detection for it, cause i get run over for being on the other side of one of those cement barriers when one passes.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion