Does a Magrider actually shoot? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: In Soviet PlanetSide, Vanu Three Way You!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-01, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

welcome to PlanetSide, leave your logic over here and pick up a government-issue ZeroPing Netcode information dossier over there. once you've comprehended the ZeroPing Netcode information add in the MagRider's ability to strafe, where as other tanks need to turn in order to run over an infantry, and draw your own conclusions.

The developers specifically tested the hit box on the magrider under controlled conditions with access to information we can't even dream of, and it is not some invisible 50 ft disc of auto-hitting death. it's client side hit detection/ZeroPing (which is it's own special brand of bullshit I might add) and the magrider's ability to strafe. honestly..check the O.F. DevTracker if you like, it's in there somewhere.
Old 2003-07-01, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Magriders without gunners are generally equally annoying to the VS on the ground as the NC/TR on the ground. I regularly get run over by magriders because the drivers apparently think that they take precedence over all other friendlies on the battlefield.

I've seen mags come flying through a friendly-held courtyard at full speed, mow 10 VS down, and then limp away at 6 kph or whatever the weapons-lock speed is more than once.
Old 2003-07-01, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
ghost018

Magrider use it's guns? Naw!

I love it when I'm smashed while inside a bunker....

Old 2003-07-01, 10:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

"it has a huge hit box!"

No it doesnt, its the same size as the rest, its just easier to hit you when you can strafe.

"No one ever guns!"

Bullshit, mag gun spots are the first to go. Ive jumped out of my own vehical to gun for magrider pilots. Yes the gun is crap vs. infantry (2-3 direct hits for reinforced) but its great for max's and other vehicals, even reavers.

"The driver has a gun but never uses it!"

Ever try shooting in third person? Ever try driving a straffing vehical in first person? Neither work very well. So you get a driver in third person to strafe and kill infantry. If you notice, stationary magriders often use the driver gun.

"It strafes as fast as it moves forward!"

Christ no it doesnt, drive the damn thing before posting. Its max speed strafing on a level feild is 15kph. Its max speed is 75kph while traveling in a diagonal, 70 traveling strait.

"Its a no skill weapon!"

Tr DC max, Nc jackhammer, Tr Pounder max, Rocklet luancher, Reaver.....fuck that line is getting old people. Its called a strategy. I didnt hear any of you bitching that it was a "no skill" weapon when we used satalite guided bombs on bagdad.

Basically, what you have noticed is that you get killed by it alot, and dont seem to kill it as often. Fucking duh, it has 10 times your hit points, two gunners and does more dmg then anything save AV weapons. Of course its gonna kill you more often. Same thing with max units and the other tanks.

Im getting sick and tired of people whining that theres no strategy involved in this game, and then two posts later calling magriders, reaver squads, jack hammers and max units "cheap weapons".

Last edited by Hellsfire123; 2003-07-01 at 10:45 PM.
Old 2003-07-02, 08:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Toekiller
Private

So we have the Magmower that uses little skill. Perhaps I should mention the Striker?

That POS weapon should be banned.

Every Striker user should be taken away and shot. Twice.

Last edited by Toekiller; 2003-07-02 at 08:10 AM.
Old 2003-07-02, 08:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
Toekiller
Private

Old 2003-07-02, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
pauljar1
Sergeant

Angry Good God!

Play the damn GAME (that's right, it's a game!) and shut up! If you feel like they're overpowered or "cheap", then get advanced hacking and hack'em and use'em! Same with any of the weapons! Just cert yourself in HA, loot the corpses and use the damn jackhammer!

I have to admit that I was one of the biggest proponents of nerfing the JH, but now that I'm certed in HA, I have 18 of them in my locker and use them whenever a good inside fight goes down!

Quit your complaining! Play the game and have some fun! That's what a game is supposed to be!

P.S. Nerf the Jackhammer!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion