News: Resolved - PS2 Region - Page 13 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The VS are like Bulls. They hate the color red!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-21, 05:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #181
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Re: PlanetSide 2 Will Be Region Locked (WTF Sony)

If it isn't IP locked

Get an american you trust to make your account. Gain control of you account. Possibly profit.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #182
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

even ping across the board. im all for it .death from lag has no place in a skill based game.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #183
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by etheral View Post
No they arent. 90% of the controversy about this is that EU players have been sold off to pro7 COMPLETELY. Pro7 is handling everything for europe, including accounts.
http://forums.station.sony.com/stati...id=11500038788

Server Questions

Who will host and manage the servers, ProSiebenSat.1 Games or SOE?

SOE will continue to host and manage the European servers for all games under this agreement.
I think he was referring to that.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #184
ShockNC
Sergeant

Originally Posted by etheral View Post
No they arent. 90% of the controversy about this is that EU players have been sold off to pro7 COMPLETELY. Pro7 is handling everything for europe, including accounts.
the remaining 10% is just pure panic because panicking is fun and always best enjoyed in a group setting.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #185
ThGlump
Captain

I wish we could go back a month when this all was announced and most believed that pro7 will handle only advertisement, and start over.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #186
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post
even ping across the board. im all for it .death from lag has no place in a skill based game.
Serverside hit detection. Broadband.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #187
etheral
Corporal

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Did you read the FAQ? No you didnt.

SOE will continue to host and manage the European servers for all games under this agreement.
I fail reading comprehension

The thing about accounts still stands though
Old 2012-02-21, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #188
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Saintlycow View Post
If it isn't IP locked

Get an american you trust to make your account. Gain control of you account. Possibly profit.
im sure you will be report for your epic lag and removed from the server.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2012-02-21 at 05:13 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #189
Vancha
Colonel

Yes, you've said that already. I'd think you were Marth if you didn't already have a post history. Play devils advocate by all means, but I think being purposefully inflammatory when people are clearly upset easily qualifies as trolling.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #190
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Trolltaxi View Post
As a hungarian PS player I have to refuse your arguments! Language barrier really is an issue, but there is no refusal to use forign languages because of poor associacions of former russian rule... It is always lack of personal language skills no matter what they may try to reason with...

And about netiquette. It's not about "recent internet penetration" - as it has penetrated at the same time as in the rest of the world, or with a 1-2 years delay. It's about the fact, that there are a lots of inmatures gaming but way fewer matures. An average eastern-bloc gamer is way younger and we all know how a young gamer can behave (or rather: can't behave himself).

I don't apologise for them - actually I blame them for being a dick - but the world is not that black/white (or red/white) that you may presume anymore.
Rar. True, true. Though I can't tell how high a percentage of the populace has access to pc's/internet in Balkan countries. Of course, also not sure how the distribution of games been done there. World of Tanks is of course a Belarussian company iirc and may have focused more on eastern European localization and distribution channels.

Was a pretty interesting discussion on it on the World of Tanks forums though. Of course in World of Tanks it's also more prominent since there's only ONE chat window that both enemies and allies can use (no /t, /o, /s or /p, just /comallfriendlies or /comalleveryone). That makes the minority heard more of course.

EDIT: Here is one of the more interesting threads on it: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.p...and-who-cares/

Last edited by Figment; 2012-02-21 at 05:18 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #191
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

im sure you will be report for you epic lag and removed from the server.

Ooooh I get it you're tro... kidding

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2012-02-21 at 05:15 PM.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #192
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

im sure you will be report for you epic lag and removed from the server.
YOu are aware that marth got banned for this stuff? Now shutup and go somewhere else, this thread is NOT about ping discussions.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #193
ThGlump
Captain

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Did you read the FAQ? No you didnt.

This i take as a misunderstanding. SOE will manage servers to which we log to different account system, completely cut of from SOE. So SOE wont have any proper control over those servers.
Even if its true, it should be other (acceptable) way. Pro7 providing servers, and SOE accounts.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-21, 05:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #194
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by SuperMorto View Post
It was just how I felt

RadarX is a cool dude, I dont mind.
Good because it wasn't personal. Honestly if I hadn't nabbed it, someone else would have.

I cannot clarify more at this time as details are still being worked out. Even though this isn't an official SOE forum, I am reading the feedback (except for the insults because we have a special brain filter). We want to know your thoughts and I'm glad many of you are expressing them.
Old 2012-02-21, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #195
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
This i take as a misunderstanding. SOE will manage servers to which we log to different account system, completely cut of from SOE. So SOE wont have any proper control over those servers.
Even if its true, it should be other (acceptable) way. Pro7 providing servers, and SOE accounts.
What? That doesnt even make sense. Why would we log into our Pro7 accounts through servers from SOE, to then end up on Pro7 servers?

Truth is, the game servers are hosted by SOE, just as always. But to access them, you need to go through the Pro7 account thingy.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion