News: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer - Page 23 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hey, this isn't a joint, it's a frozen french fry!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-26, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #331
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Re: Death is No Excuse Full Length Trailer

Originally Posted by Harasus View Post
You have a nice NC logo on the right of your post, I can really feel how neutral you are.
Honestly I don't care what you think. As I stated in my original post I didn't really notice which faction got the most screen time and I honestly could have cared less if it were TR NC or VS getting the most screen time because the trailer is not about factions. It is about Planetside 2 and trying to project a image of the immense scale and awesomeness of the game its not an advertisement for which of the factions are the most awesome one.
NEED UPDATES!
Old 2012-07-26, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #332
Ratstomper
Major

Originally Posted by therandomone View Post
Sorry I guess I didnt clarify enough. What I meant by the others was factions and classes. I mean we saw an LA, Melee Infiltrator and....grunts? As far as I know that isnt really a class, I agree I would have liked to see more.
In that case, I agree. Too much fancy visuals, not enough of PS2 proper. I'll stop beating the dead horse and let people ohh and ahh.

Originally Posted by JoeDragon View Post
I'm afraid that the entire trailer was simply a hallucination of our protagonist NC "Hero". He was, in actuality, attacking an IHOP. The Waitresses had to put him down, hard. But not before he managed to kill over 30 innocent bystanders including a Bus full of ederly men and women and their driver, just out for the early bird special. (This can be proven due to the fact that Galaxy armor is much more resistant to small arms fire, while simple buses do not have such armor.)

Last edited by Ratstomper; 2012-07-26 at 02:36 AM.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #333
Azren
Sergeant Major

The VS pretty much won that battle ><

Still, wtf is with this Rambo action?
Old 2012-07-26, 02:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #334
therandomone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Honestly I don't care what you think. As I stated in my original post I didn't really notice which faction got the most screen time and I honestly could have cared less if it were TR NC or VS getting the most screen time because the trailer is not about factions. It is about Planetside 2 and trying to project a image of the immense scale and awesomeness of the game its not an advertisement for which of the factions are the most awesome one.
Wait, you were serious about not being able to tell which faction got the most screen time? Are you sure you watched the same trailer as everyone else?
Old 2012-07-26, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #335
Thoreaux
Corporal

This does exactly what it needed to. It wasn't made for PSU fans. Just like political ads target "low-information voters", this targets the uniformed with flash and pizzazz. Page hits, blog posts, google searches.

Also, from a TR perspective, this trailer might just fuck the NC over. Seriously, if I was NC, I'd be pissed. Sure, the trailer makes them look good for 3 minutes, but it's mostly idiots that are persuaded by trailers like this.

And it's basically an NC recruitment video, so....
Old 2012-07-26, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #336
Dreamcast
Major

Needed more TR kicking ass.

But the Trailer was amazing.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #337
Momember
Corporal

This trailer shows what Matt Higby sees when he plays Planestide.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #338
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Grimster View Post
Planetside 2 is very much about factions, and I saw little about the big scale in Planetside 2 in the trailer. The entire trailer was focused on one dude beating up some dudes, hoping up on some GALs and then dying to a couple of Vanus. The immense scale was not very well represented in the trailer, if that was what they were looking for.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #339
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Awesome cinematic, that's for sure!

Also, can anyone help me:
I'm doing subs for my fellow *******, but I can't figure out what the radiochatboy is saying at 0:26, 0:34, and 2:18, and what the NCxPwnz0rDude is saying at 2:08 (Something like "And a ******ing lust" or something, I definitely lack english epithets in my vocabulary, the overall volume of the video doesn't help much either).

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #340
Bittermen
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by JoeDragon View Post
I posted this on Reddit however the truth needs to get out! This is the reality behind the PS2 trailer...

It should be noted that NC Nanite Reconstruction technology is flawed. In order to save a few bucks, the construction of their spawn tubes was outsourced to the lowest bidder. The result, unfortunately, is that each time an NC unit respawns, it does so with one less brain cell, or in some cases, an additional chromosome.

I'm afraid that the entire trailer was simply a hallucination of our protagonist NC "Hero". He was, in actuality, attacking an IHOP. The Waitresses had to put him down, hard. But not before he managed to kill over 30 innocent bystanders including a Bus full of ederly men and women and their driver, just out for the early bird special. (This can be proven due to the fact that Galaxy armor is much more resistant to small arms fire, while simple buses do not have such armor.)

Furthermore, the "Beacon" he placed was simply a large stack of pancakes which he triumphantly placed on the kitchen floor, before he was taken down. The drop pods he see's descending we're actually various spoons and ladles dropping to the ground during the ruckus. The real heroes in this story we're the Waitresses. Who knows how many countless more would have perished if not for their quick thinking and valiant use of a butter knife.

The Vanu troops seen at the end we're real though. They too love that Early Bird Special.
You gave me a good laugh.

Thank you.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #341
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

I really liked it, but then I am a VS

Reminded me more than a little of Dawn of War trailer.

Only thing I am upset about is the vast amount of awesome stuff I know we won't be able to do in the game.
Old 2012-07-26, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #342
Trolltaxi
Sergeant Major

The whole trailer is epic, and I can't stop watching, but I still don't get the stroy...

OK, this NC rambo pwns the battlefield, but what for?

There is a facility where the TR gal crashlands and the NC guy places the beacon. Who's facility is that? There is no defenders, VS are miles away, TR gals may have flown there to capture, NC is arriving from outside too.

So is it a neutral facility?
Old 2012-07-26, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #343
Harasus
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
This has gotten a bit silly. It seems the vast majority of people that didn't like the trailer are TR. And the most common complaint was that the TR were getting their ass kicked. That is a pretty ridiculous reason to not like a trailer.

Take a step back for a minute. Imagine if somebody was hating on the SWTOR- Deceived trailer because the jedi got beat. Doesn't that sound silly?

Now I can understand people not liking the badass rambo nature, but I've read your war stories. If you play Planetside long enough, you have a story or 2 about having a badass run. Plus from a story telling perspective, it gets us emotionally invested in the protagonist, so when you think he was victorious and he suddenly gets stabbed out of nowhere, the audience gets shocked.

It may not have been the trailer that YOU would have made, but at least recognize armchair quarterbacking when you are doing it.
Most people complain about the little focus on the TR, the different classes, the scale or the teamwork. All of those are very lacking in the trailer, and any viewer will get no idea about that.

Also, this is a better SWTOR equivalent of this trailer:
Old 2012-07-26, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #344
Boomhowser
Corporal

all I took from the trailer was NC only require two light assault to defeat a TR army!!

VS were peeved that thier invasion was delayed so took an entire squad to take out 1 man..

You could see it by the look on the VS Helm... "OMG Damn NC Trooper has layed a Command cert to summon his platoon.. we cant advance or all our gals will be destroyed.. Damn instant drop pod death!!

Other than that I enjoyed the trailer and will watch again
Old 2012-07-26, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #345
Psi
Private

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
This has gotten a bit silly. It seems the vast majority of people that didn't like the trailer are TR. And the most common complaint was that the TR were getting their ass kicked. That is a pretty ridiculous reason to not like a trailer.

Take a step back for a minute. Imagine if somebody was hating on the SWTOR- Deceived trailer because the jedi got beat. Doesn't that sound silly?
Again. An NC coming and saying that we're overreacting. Take note of that.

But for your second paragraph, there were several trailers, each one had a different victor so it balanced out and made everyone look badass. So unless we get another two trailers, this is pretty lopsided.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion