PSU: Planetcrack>Evercrack
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2003-11-10, 09:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kikinchikin

The Journey of a young Terran named Lance

Chapter 1- The Crime

The court roomed echoed with the sound of the hammer. Everyone rised from their seats to hear the old, portly judge's verdict. Among those standing was 16 year old Lance Dashing. He was charged with the murder of one of the Terran Republic's most honorable and elite commanders, GammArkantis. As the judge began to speak in a deep voice that rang throughout the court room, Lance began to sweat with anxiety. He knew that if convicted, he would be executed by a firing squad. Although he knew his innocence, he was unsure if the judge would believe what he had told on the stand, about how a jammer grenade had knocked out the power in the briefing room, about how a single man had crept inside the now pitch black room, and about how a single shot rang out from a jackhammer, and how a body had fallen to the floor. Lance had only caught a glimpse of the shadowy figure as he strode out of the room. That glimpse showed a tremendous scar on the face of the assailant. He could identify this scar with only one person, someone he had never had good relations with, Aaron Von Richten, code named 50cent.

As his thoughts trailed off, and he was snapped back to the harsh reality of the courtroom. Just in time to hear the old judge bellow in a triumphant voice, "Guilty as charged!!!!" A sickening feeling came over Lance. He was immediately grasped by a pair of soldiers both sporting cyclers, and hauled off to a prison cell, where he would await his coming execution. Lance knew that he was a dead man walking...
Old 2003-11-10, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kikinchikin

Chapter 2- The Background of a "Killer"

Lance Dashing was born to a middle class soldier named Joe Callaway, or DarkWarHawk, and a medic named Sarah Reckenbacker, or Razorgirl. When Lance was 8 years old, just beginning to receive his combat training, his parents were called away to a mission on the continent of Cyssor. Lance knew that Cyssor was the New Conglomerate's headquarters, and that any mission there was very risky. His parents departed for Cyssor one cold rainy day. Lance was left in the care of his father's good friend, Onetoomany. 2 months passed with few reports on the progress of the Cyssor Mission, until one day a shaky man came on the sanctuary speaker. He said with an unsure demeanor, "The mission on Cyssor has b-been report-ted as a com-com-complete failure. All those involved have been capt-captured or else k-k-killed." It took Lance a few minutes for him to really understand what that man had just said. He knew the risks of a mission on Cyssor, but he never imagined his parents would be part of a mission which was destined to end in complete disaster. Onetoomany attempted to console Lance, but Lance hopped in a Wraith and began driving. He did not know where, but he knew he had to get away. Somewhere...

Lance was not heard from for 6 years. It was assumed he had driven off into combat, and had either been killed, or committed suicide. One day in early Spring Onetoomany heard a heavy knock on his door. He walked to answer it and there stood a young man. The man had numerous scars and wounds. He had a roughly shaved face, with unkempt hair and a tattered Terran Republic uniform. Onetoomany at first asked inquisitively, "May I help you?" A somewhat rough voice came from the young man, "Hello my friend, I have come back." Onetoomany was puzzled at first until his eyes caught glimpse of the dogtags that hung around the boy's neck. They read, "Lance Dashing, Soldier in training." Onetoomany gasped, for he had long since given up hope that Lance would ever return. The two immediately began to talk about Lance's 6 year adventure. Lance described how he had initially gone to Ceryshen, for he wished to be alone. There he was caught off guard by a roaming mosquito who destroyed his Wraith, throwing him from the vehicle and into a ditch. He awakened 1 week later in cold, damp room. He realized that he was a prisoner of the Vanu Sovereignty when he saw a soldier in purple armor walk up to him and explain that since he was so young, he would not be killed, but held as a prisoner. Lance went on to tell how he was kept in the Vanu Sanctuary for 5 years, until one day he was able to catch a soldier napping, stole his keys to a Magrider, and was able to escape to nearby Oshur, where he hid out until the search parties stopped looking. From there he began the long trek across Ceryshen and finally arrived at the Terran Republic Sanctuary 2 days ago. Onetoomany was astonished at the wits of the young soldier, and what he had been through. He then gave Lance a hearty meal and helped him into his bed where Lance slept solidly for the rest of the day. Onetoomany began to consider that Lance could be a great addition for his outfit, one of the most respected outfits in all of the Republic, the 7th Legion.

(Chapter 2 will be continued tomorrow)
Old 2003-11-10, 09:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

Thats pretty good, cept you make the terrans look liek the good people. We all know that aint true

seriously thats pretty good. Too bad no one ever freakin reads fan fiction
Old 2003-11-11, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Kikinchikin

Chapter 2 Continued

The next morning once Lance had woken up and had been caught up on what has been happening in the TR for the past 6 years, Onetoomany began to talk about him joining 7th Legion. Lance was very startled to hear that one of the most elite outfits was interested in him. Onetoomany then decided he would take Lance to GammArkantis, the commander of 7th Legion. As they entered the esteemed commander's office, Gamma looked up from his paperwork and greeted Onetoomany. "Who is this person you have brought with you today?," Gamma asked. "Do you remember the boy that ran away from here 6 years ago?," Onetoomany asked. "Yes, the son of Darkwarhawk. Why?" "Well this is him." Gamma's eyebrows shot up near his hair when he heard this. He stood up and shook Lance's hand. "Your father was a good soldier. I was deeply saddened when I heard the news," said Gamma. "Thank you, sir," responded Lance. Onetoomany then went on to explain Lance's story, and then concluded by saying that he believed Lance would be a good addition to 7th Legion. Gamma agreed to give the young man a shot. "Tonight, you will meet me in the VR room. We will assess your skills as a marksman, your ability to respond to danger, your skill in operating vehicles, and your overall ability." "Sir yes sir!"

That night Lance met Gamma in the VR room as planned. Gamma wasted no time. "Your first test will be a live combat simulator. Your mission is to kill the 5 AI bots inside the maze. Your weapon will be a cycler. You must kill all 5 and exit the maze in 15 minutes or less. Good luck." Lance felt himself plunge into a dark room, and then lights went on. He picked up a cycler on the ground and began to run towards the first passage. As he turned the corner an NC was waiting on the other side. Lance rolled to miss the first two shots of the gauss rifle, and scored four hits on the soldier, dropping him instantly. Lance trudged to the next corner. He swung around, but this time nothing waited for him. He walked up to another door and hacked it. Inside was an equipment terminal and a table. Lance looked around, but saw nothing. He could hear one thing however, the slight chirp of an REK at the terminal. He switched on his darklight just in time to see an infiltrator change into MAX armor. Lance, equipped with only a cycler began to open fire. The MAX charged at him. Lance moved like a fox, swiftly and agilely, making his way to the equipment terminal. He purchased a decimator just as shotgun ammo slammed into the terminal. He strafed and fired two shots downing the max. He moved on. The next room contained the final 3 enemies. A furious fire fight broke out. Even with their jackhammers and superior numbers, the AI bots were no match for Lance. He downed each of them within only 2 minutes, and emerged from the maze with a solid 5 minutes remaining. Gamma and Cease were both very impressed. The rest of the exercises consisted of sneaking into an enemy spawn tube, racing his Wraith across the continent, flying a technical course in a mosquito and hotdropping onto targets from a galaxy. All of these were passed with flying colors. Lance came out of the last mission and Gamma immediately saluted the young soldier. "Your results were incredible. You fought like a seasoned veteran. I am honored to invite you into 7th Legion," said Gamma. "All you need now is a codename." "KiKiNCHiKiN," responded Lance. "Very well. I look forward to seeing your progress KiKiNCHiKiN." And with that he departed.

KiKiNCHiKiN was welcomed by nearly everyone in 7th Legion. The only exception was a man named 50cent. He was a veteran soldier and an adviser to Gamma. 50cent immediately sounded off at Gamma when Lance was brought in. "What are you thinking bringing a mere child into our outfit?!" screamed 50cent. Gamma showed no signs of rethinking his decision, and demoted 50cent for his insubordination. From then on 50cent gradually developed a loathing for Gamma and for Lance.

Just a day before GammArkantis was murdered, 50cent and he had a great disagreement. 50cent became enraged when Gamma refused to execute one of the VS prisoners. "You are a damn fool, Gamma! Show some balls and kill him!" "I will not stoop to the level of our enemies, 50," responded Gamma in a calm but decisive voice. "Gamma I am fed up with this shit! You are too soft, you allow infants into your outfit, your outfit is a disgrace to the Terran Republic!" "Then leave. No one is forcing you to say. In fact you are discharged as of now." 50Cent stormed out of the office, grabbed a reaver and flew to nearby Solsar warpgate. Gamma reported the discharge to the database, and went back to his paperwork.

The next morning Gamma was found murdered. The authorities also found a young private named KiKiNCHiKiN laying near the dropped jackhammer. They linked him to the murder and arrested him. And so Lance wound up where he was.
Old 2003-11-11, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Kikinchikin

Chapter 3 The Execution

2 weeks had passed since the trial concluded. As Lance awoke to the morning light, he looked at the calendar in his cell. He felt sick, as he knew that today was the day he was due to be executed. At 6 PM that night, the guards came in and led him off to the firing squad. He was strapped onto a pole, and the executioners walked in. A crowd of Terrans had gathered for the event, many jeering and shouting obscenities at Lance. The judge delivered the final words and cued the firing squad to take their position. "Ready! Aim! Fi--" At that moment a maurader flew over the judge's head and landed straight in front of the firing squad. Bullets poured into the side of the maurader, as a soldier got out and ripped Lance free of his bondings. "KILL HIM!" shouted the judge. The guards opened fire on the two men, who exchanged and sped off in the maurader. Lance had been too caught up in the moment to catch a glimpse of his liberator. "Hello Lance, my name is Bismarck," said the man. "Bismarck! Aren't you an NC???!" "You could say that. However I was in contact with Gamma the day he was killed. I was going to defect to the TR in exchange for the information I had to offer about the NC." Lance gaped at him with an incredulous look. "Man the gun, we're not homefree yet." Lance looked behind him and saw 3 TR reavers closing in on them. He manned the gun and opened fire. They swerved and launched their rockets, but Bismarck was a skilled driver and Lance a skilled gunner. The 3 reavers plummeted to the ground being filled full of machine gun ammo. The damaged maurader was able to make it off of the sanctuary and into nearby Ishundar. They rested finally when they were on a ridge. "We should be safe here for the night," said Bismarck. "Pardon me for asking, but WTF ARE WE GONNA DO NOW???!" "Relax, KiKiNCHiKiN. Gamma was good friends with a man named Frank. He heads the outfit Strike Gaming Extreme. He has agreed to take you and me in." Lance still shocked at what had happened in the past hour, contemplated this. He then asked, "I don't understand, why are you helping me?" "There is something you must know about 50cent...."

Chapter 4 wont be written unless I get some signs that this is actually being read. This should be enough to get the story turning.
Old 2003-11-11, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

Old 2003-11-12, 06:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

Nice work. A suggestion tho, in your first chapter you are describing what acctualy happened at the briefing room and how he was not the one who killed the commander. You use "and how he" like 4 times. Nothing huge I do it sometimes and have recognized it doesnt look right, try substituting words or stringing it into one big long action sequence.
Old 2003-11-12, 07:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kikinchikin

yeah what i was going for in that part was to emphasize it and make it noticed. You know sometimes during a very emotional or important part of a book the author will say the same phrase over and over to make the moment especially important. That's what i was goin for there.

anywho chapter 4 will be out later tonight
Old 2003-11-12, 06:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kikinchikin

Chapter 4- The Real Enemy

"50cent is a double agent." said Bismarck. "Damnit! I knew it!" That bastard killed Gamma, only a traitor would do that." "Yes, he has been giving the NC valuable information for the past 7 or so months. He actually a very high ranking official in my old outfit. He was ordered to assassinate Gamma by the OC. And it's very convenient that he was able to get you framed for it, because he knew of your extraordinary fighting capabilities." "He... will PAY!!!!!!!!" shouted Lance. "Calm down, we're going to meet Frank at Enkidu shortly, he should allow us into his outfit. But before we can go back into the sanctuary, we'll need proof that 50cent is working as a New Conglomerate. There is a planned raid on Ishundar that should start in about 4 hours. If we can position ourselves on a ridge overlooking, we can photograph him. He drives a customized Enforcer. It has dual firebirds and twice as much horsepower, along with suped up handling and triple the armor. It's painted bright gold with blue streaks, it will be easy to spot. Now lets move to Enkidu we don't want any search parties finding us.

Lance and Bismarck drove along the rugged terrain for about an hour until they reached the walls of Enkidu. Bismarck threw off his blue and gold armor and slipped on his black and red exosuit. They then snuck through the backdoor and met in the generator room. As soon as the door shut, 6 TR's armed with cyclers moved in front of them. "Identification?" said a tall muscular soldier whose name was Maverick. "Bismarck and KiKiNCHiKiN," said Bismarck. The 6 soldiers relaxed and Frank walked to them from behind the generator. "Greetings. I'm glad that you were able to escape. I assume Bismarck has told you about the raid on Marduk in about 3 or so hours. We'll have to get proof of 50cent participating in that raid, if you ever want to show your faces in the TR sanctuary again." "Roger that," responded Lance. "Well lets do it!" said a very energetic, and slightly tipsy soldier named Crunch. And with that the 9 soldiers exited the room and boarded a galaxy, ready to depart for Marduk.
Old 2003-11-13, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Kikinchikin

come on guys please give me some feedback

So far only 3 people have read it and I have no volunteers for character parts. I only know so many people from PS, so please chime in anytime if you want to.

Chapter 5- The Perfect Plan

As the monstrous airship thundered south to Marduk, the crew reviewed their mission plans. "Alright so 2 of us will drop at the east ridge, so we can photograph 50cent. We'll be sure that they come past us, because Bismarck has volunteered to be the 'bait' for us. He'll get a basilisk and wait midway between the south tower and the base itself. Once we see 50 and his convoy he'll fire a few shots and bring them toward the north marduk tower. While they are driving to the tower, we'll snap the shot of 50, then hoof it to Neit. The rest of us will be waiting atop the North tower, with decimators and sniper rifles." said Frank. "We won't be alone, however. The Dragon Wolves are contributing 15 or so men along with 3 prowlers. We'll also have 2 flails setup courtesy of HMX-1, as well as the 30 guys they've volunteered for this, so with any luck we'll thwart their raid before it happens AND get the pics," added Crunch. "One thing though, neither of those outfits know that you're with us Lance. So you'll be with the scouting party. No one is to see you, got it?" said Bismarck. "Got it." "Alright we should be here any minute."

The galaxy approached the North Tower, and was finally upon it. Frank, Maverick, LeperCE, Salchite, and Hitman all dropped onto the roof of the tower, where they saw the HMX-1 soldiers approaching from the east, and a few small dots coming from the west, that were the Dragonwolves. Bismarck then bailed at the vehicle terminal and got set up with his Basilisk. The rest of the occupants of the galaxy, Lance, Crunch and the pilot, HustlaH, continued on a little bit further until they reached an ideal vantage point. HustlaH opened the hatch and down the three of them went. Lance drifted gently to the ground and then landed. HustlaH radioed in to Frank and the others that he would be taking the galaxy back to Enkidu for safe keeping, and join them at the tower soon. Lance and Crunch set up a viewing point. Their panorama was superb, so getting a pic of 50 would not be hard assuming all went well. All three parties radioed into each other confirming they were in position. If all went well, Lance would be back in the sanctuary by tomorrow, a free and acquitted man. He shifted nervously as he heard the faint drone of a Vanguard engine. It was on...
Old 2003-11-13, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

Nice story man. More people may read than you know. Not everyone who reads posts. Keep it up!
Old 2003-11-13, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

Keep posting! I like seeing my name

Seriously this is a good one, plus I'm sure killing 50 is going ot be fun, man i wanted to do that a few months ago
Old 2003-11-13, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

Hey bismark.....how do you have 2 chars of the same name and alternating empires on the same server?
Old 2003-11-13, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kikinchikin

He used to be Terran (in my outfit actually 7th legion) and then he went NC but kept the sig. Now he is gone 4ever
Old 2003-11-13, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NewCong. Marine
Master Sergeant

i see. I thought as much, but wasnt sure.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction