NPC's in planetside? - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where "hotdropping" isn't the end result of spicy mexican food.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-20, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #151
TacosWLove
Master Sergeant

Re: NPC's in planetside?

NO!

SAVE ALL ROOM FOR PVP MENG DUDERS WHO ARE ACTIVELY CONTROLLED BY A BIOLOGICAL ENTITY IN A DIRECT MANNER. DOING SO IN SUCH A MANNER THAT ALL BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION AND ACTIONS RESULT IN A DIRECT AND CORRESPONDING REACTION UPON WHICH ALL THINGS CONSIDERED STEM AND ARE NOT MODIFIED BY AN ELECTRONIC TRANSLATING UTILITY. KTHXBAI
Old 2012-02-20, 04:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #152
Atheosim
Captain

This thread sucks.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #153
jakaul
Sergeant

I think we should add diplomacy into PS2 so we can have leaders that we vote into important positions meet at some central location to negotiate things. Maybe even have it so you could level up your diplomacy skills by talking an enemy player down from shooting you or negotiating cease fires at stalemate fights. Possibly even add prisoner functionality so you could stab a guy and take him prisoner, then trade him for prisoners on the other team. When you're a prisoner, you could try to play a mini game in your prison cell to get out and go all Splinter Cell on the guards. And a guard skill because I think there are a lot of players that would love nothing better than to sit around staring at helpless things rather than being shot at.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hmr85 View Post
They are already getting rid of guns being able to be holstered and seen on peoples back because it will take a hit on the number of players that can be on a continent fighting. So why are you wanting NPC's in a game that is only going to dwindle the number even more.
Ideally they would be added outside of the normal base fights so the performance implications wouldn't be there. If players are more spread out outside bases it shouldn't be much of a problem.
Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
You're not refuting
Whatever helps you think you're making a point.
Originally Posted by Fenrys View Post
I'm ambivalent to the idea of wildlife, but strongly opposed to PvE content.
Yeah no one is arguing for PvE content in the sense of an MMORPG. Just wildlife for Auraxis.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
XLynxX
Corporal

I think we should move away from the whole fighting aspect of the FPS. And change the meaning of "FPS" from "First Person Shooter" to "Fertilisers, Preservatives and Sprinklers". Where on continents as a player you are given different parts of the land to grow crops to feed your empire. The empire that can sustain itself through-out famines, droughts and insects would grow while the others would lose vital farming area.

Imagine how epic Planetside 2 could be if instead of mass warfare, you had 1,998 players farming trying to out sustain one another.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by XLynxX View Post
I think we should move away from the whole fighting aspect of the FPS. And change the meaning of "FPS" from "First Person Shooter" to "Fertilisers, Preservatives and Sprinklers". Where on continents as a player you are given different parts of the land to grow crops to feed your empire. The empire that can sustain itself through-out famines, droughts and insects would grow while the others would lose vital farming area.

Imagine how epic Planetside 2 could be if instead of mass warfare, you had 1,998 players farming trying to out sustain one another.
Can I trade you like a wagon wheel for 17 bushels of oats? I broke my wheel and my repair skill isn't what it should be.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
Tatwi
Contributor
Major

But it wouldn't be any good unless you added wild boars that would run around in empty fields and farm hands that would stand around and say, "Moar Wurk?" when you clicked on them. And that's a fact.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
XLynxX
Corporal

Originally Posted by jakaul View Post
Can I trade you like a wagon wheel for 17 bushels of oats? I broke my wheel and my repair skill isn't what it should be.
I would but my negotiation level is not very high so I accidently give you 3 wagons for 7 bushels of oats.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
jakaul
Sergeant

I would but my negotiation level is not very high so I accidently give you 3 wagons for 7 bushels of oats.
I don't know what to do. I now have 3.75 wagons and only 1 wagon driver. My management skill isn't high enough to handle 3 wagon drivers. And I want to start work on my town church, but apparently I need to invite like 7 more friends to the PlanetsideVille before I have enough stones to build it.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
XLynxX
Corporal

I don't know what to do. I now have 3.75 wagons and only 1 wagon driver. My management skill isn't high enough to handle 3 wagon drivers. And I want to start work on my town church, but apparently I need to invite like 7 more friends to the PlanetsideVille before I have enough stones to build it.
Do what I do and make 7 more accounts and invite yourself. If you also communicate to your empires tyrannical organic farming leaders they may give you some hydroponic crops so that your water usage is less and you can gain a higher crop yield.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
jakaul
Sergeant

Do what I do and make 7 more accounts and invite yourself. If you also communicate to your empires tyrannical organic farming leaders they may give you some hydroponic crops so that your water usage is less and you can gain a higher crop yield.
I would, but there were some bandits that used some very strong language and stole all of my stones. I almost wish there were SOME way to protect myself from unfriendly sorts, but allowing violence would be the downfall of the entire game. THE ENTIRE GAME.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
XLynxX
Corporal

Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
But it wouldn't be any good unless you added wild boars that would run around in empty fields and farm hands that would stand around and say, "Moar Wurk?" when you clicked on them. And that's a fact.
LMAO. This idea has to be implimented, whether or not we go down the correct, farming Planetside 2 route we have all wished for.

Last edited by XLynxX; 2012-02-20 at 05:01 PM.
Old 2012-02-20, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
XLynxX
Corporal

I would, but there were some bandits that used some very strong language and stole all of my stones. I almost wish there were SOME way to protect myself from unfriendly sorts, but allowing violence would be the downfall of the entire game. THE ENTIRE GAME.
That is why you need to communicate with your empire and call upon other players with "fence building" certifications to ring fence your crop lands and buildings.

We could also put in place some form of slander system, where players could moan about bandits and other players to decrease their society standing rating and therefore should prevent people from using unfavourable language in-game.
Old 2012-02-20, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
IronMole
Sergeant Major

Selling 2 Dragons...
Old 2012-02-20, 05:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
XLynxX
Corporal

WTB 1 rare blue whale dragon.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion