Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 6 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Lasher..Catnip for Vanu
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-25, 10:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #76
Stew
Major

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The theme of the day is revenue for PS2, so how about charging a fee to create an outfit. $15? $20? It would be another means of providing revenue to PS2.

Discuss.
A BIG HUMONGUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

It will be unfair and also ive already paid in blackligth retribution to create a outfit and i dont want ps2 to do this as well it will simply be stupid

I want to spend my $$ on something i want a prefer to pay for a pimp guns than paying to creat my outfit what a lost of money !
Old 2012-06-25, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #77
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

It should be a hundred dollars to start an outfit, twenty is too cheap.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #78
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
A BIG HUMONGUS NOOOOOOOOOOOOO !

It will be unfair and also ive already paid in blackligth retribution to create a outfit and i dont want ps2 to do this as well it will simply be stupid

I want to spend my $$ on something i want a prefer to pay for a pimp guns than paying to creat my outfit what a lost of money !
Don't have a outfit then simple, outfit creation must be tied to a sub! at the very least will be no 12 year old kiddy ones
Old 2012-06-25, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #79
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

One time fee? Sure.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #80
Algo
Corporal

Why would you want people to pay to use a core feature of the game?

Pay for logos, uniforms, and shit. Having to pay to create outfits is bullshit sorry.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #81
Johari
Staff Sergeant

I'm with all the guys and gals who said free outfit creation but can pay to unlock higher teirs of outfit-ishness. Like you get 25 or so slots free for outfit members but you gotta pay to get more. Stuff like that.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #82
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Algo View Post
Why would you want people to pay to use a core feature of the game?

Pay for logos, uniforms, and shit. Having to pay to create outfits is bullshit sorry.
You already have the game for free, soe have to raise funds, you don't need to be in a outfit to play the game so it's not essential to play.

Think it's always the same no matter what's offered for free peeps will always want more, it's not unfair to ask people to sub to the game if they want to create a outfit.

Last edited by Nemeses; 2012-06-25 at 10:35 AM.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #83
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

SOE needs to make money for this game to continue, grow and last as a fpsmmo.

I say give basic free outfits but limit members to 10 people with only basic features.

make real organized outfits subscription created based or a 1 time fee to create the outfit with all the features and 500 slots etc.

basic outfits just have the outfit name above character but premium outfits have a empire color coordinated emblem letting others know this is a serious premium outfit and not just lil tommy and his 3 friends remakes.

Last edited by Top Sgt; 2012-06-25 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #84
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

Can't see the point of it. If you are already in an outfit, you are on Teamspeak or whatever with them. No need to pay for a clan tag unless being in an outfit ingame gives you more coordination options.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #85
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
Don't have a outfit then simple, outfit creation must be tied to a sub! at the very least will be no 12 year old kiddy ones
their will be no subscribtion model in planetside its a free to play from the get go its not like others games who went free to play after ...

So the model if its a pay to creat will be like Blackligth a single fee to creat a outfit but its a bad thing it just make people who dont paid run away from the game

i have enough money to pay i dont fucking care but i find it BAD for the game itself more you dig between freetoplay players and people who actually paid more problems will come over and freeplayers will leave the game

I dont care about paying i can pay but i want a servers full of people Not a 200 players continents where its suposed to be 2000 players

the vast majority of the planetside player based will be free players so the game must be design around encouraging those people to stay in the game and having a FREE outfit creation i think is part of it !

I want to see only cosmetics , boosters , weapons packs , sigths , camos , special skins , etc.. as a $$$ elements

I already have spend 100 $ in this game and i dont even have the Beta yet lol so iam not afraid to pay but I think its unfair and will kill the game for many free players and we need those to fill the servers !
Old 2012-06-25, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #86
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
SOE needs to make money for this game to continue, grow and last as a fpsmmo.

I say give basic free outfits but limit members to 10 people with only basic features.

make real organized outfits subscription created based or a 1 time fee to create the outfit with all the features and 500 slots etc.

basic outfits just have the outfit name above character but premium outfits have a empire color coordinated emblem letting others know this is a serious premium outfit and not just lil tommy and his 3 friends remakes.
this could be a nice solution i kinda aproove it this way
Old 2012-06-25, 10:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #87
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
their will be no subscribtion model in planetside its a free to play from the get go its not like others games who went free to play after ...

So the model if its a pay to creat will be like Blackligth a single fee to creat a outfit but its a bad thing it just make people who dont paid run away from the game

i have enough money to pay i dont fucking care but i find it BAD for the game itself more you dig between freetoplay players and people who actually paid more problems will come over and freeplayers will leave the game

I dont care about paying i can pay but i want a servers full of people Not a 200 players continents where its suposed to be 2000 players

the vast majority of the planetside player based will be free players so the game must be design around encouraging those people to stay in the game and having a FREE outfit creation i think is part of it !

I want to see only cosmetics , boosters , weapons packs , sigths , camos , special skins , etc.. as a $$$ elements

I already have spend 100 $ in this game and i dont even have the Beta yet lol so iam not afraid to pay but I think its unfair and will kill the game for many free players and we need those to fill the servers !
Think you wrong like most F2P games this will have a sub, for those who want everything without having any limitations on what they can do.
Old 2012-06-25, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #88
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

I am fine with a 1 time fee for outfit creation. The serious outfits will not have a issue with paying it.

Old 2012-06-25, 10:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #89
ThermalReaper
First Sergeant

But wait, wouldn't this fall into the Pay to win category even if slightly?
Old 2012-06-25, 10:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #90
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Stew

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
Think you wrong like most F2P games this will have a sub, for those who want everything without having any limitations on what they can do.

lol stew fails again. it has already been announced the game will have a sub model IF the player so chooses to buy it.. They are not forced but will be available.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion