About the recent weapon model changes. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Not the face!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-05, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MercDT
Sergeant

About the recent weapon model changes.

How do you feel about the recent changes made to the some of the weapon models? I have to say I like some of the changes made to the TR and VS even though they swapped some of the models with the recent pump action shotguns but anything really is better than the current models IMO. They also did some reskins/recolor too but they look a bit too low res for some of the weapons.

I have to say though that the NC changes feel very lackluster compared to the other factions. I feel that they could've done more with them, perhaps swapped the weapon model from the PA shotgun to the some of the weapons like did with the TR?

This is all probably a bit a of process that they're going through right now but I hope we can see more of the changes in the near feature...and I'm also hoping some of these recent changes are not final (cough GR22/Carnage BR)
Old 2013-06-05, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Re: About the recent weapon model changes.

The only reskinned weapon I own is the Ursa, and I have to say I really like the change - it looks cool and distinctive, and that makes me want to actually use it for once

Really hope that this is just the start and we see a lot more updated weapon skins in the future. Also hoping that next time the VS don't get the least updates

Old 2013-06-05, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
RANDOMpercent
Private

My only quip is why redesign the Corvus when it was already more distinct from other ARs than all the differences between the LMGs combined.
Old 2013-06-05, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
AThreatToYou
Major

The NC weapon models barely changed. They should have tried harder: we need more differentiated barrels and receivers instead of stocks. Granted, the Razor has a stock. Holy shazbot! A carbine with a stock! Terrorists, amirite?
Old 2013-06-05, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RedKestrel
Private

I agree. The new Ursa and Corvus look very awesome and unique. But I would ask the devs to leave the Vanu Assault rifles alone. Each Assault rifle already looks unique to one another unlike the carbines and the light assault rifles. Those two weapon categories need the most attention compared to any other, and I believe this applies to all factions.

Other than that, awesome job .
Old 2013-06-05, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

It's a good start, but too futile. I won't be satisfied till I can tell every weapon apart from a quick glance
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-06-05, 04:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

I don't know about that attitude. I appreciate it that they are going through the trouble of re-modeling old weapons.
Old 2013-06-05, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

They took the shotgun barrel and decided to slap it on the TR LMGs.

I wouldn't call any of it new, really. Could have added some new iron sights while at it, they have a few assets from alpha that they could use which you can see in the early promo stuff.

I have no idea why they don't

Last edited by SturmovikDrakon; 2013-06-05 at 06:12 PM.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MercDT
Sergeant

Yeah I realize they aren't new, but it's better in some cases over the old models. My issue with them is they're still using the old assets in combination with the shotgun models. I think the TR Bull T32 or the T16 receiver looks pretty low res.
Old 2013-06-06, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shogun
Contributor
General

aren´t the nc weapons supposed to use duct tape?

why is the max unit the only thing that looks a little like it could have been used for something else in the past?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-06-06, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by MercDT View Post
Yeah I realize they aren't new, but it's better in some cases over the old models. My issue with them is they're still using the old assets in combination with the shotgun models. I think the TR Bull T32 or the T16 receiver looks pretty low res.
I really like how the Bull & AMC look, sure they now look like guns that different classes have but when I'm on my LA I'm no longer unsure anymore at a glance if I've grabbed Loadout 1 - Jag or Loadout 2 - AMC and same with the HA, the Bull versus all other LMGs.
It's all a step in the right direction.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-06-06, 11:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
RANDOMpercent
Private

I really like the new Vanu guns and I hope that they continue these changes over the next couple updates. I just wish for VS that they'd focus more on the LMGs and carbines because those all look the same. Also, are they going to add any distinction for the MAX anti infantry guns?

Last edited by RANDOMpercent; 2013-06-06 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 2013-06-06, 12:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The Bull looks fuckin sweet! I'll admit, I actually bought it because of the redesign (plus the fact that it was on sale didn't hurt).

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-06-06, 01:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Like the wife's new hairstyle, the TAR is going to have to grow on me.

Old 2013-06-06, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

The Bull and the Rhino gave me just a little bit of a hard-on. Not like a creepy amount, just enough to get the point across that I like it...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion