Doing a Video, properly. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Support your local MAX affilliate
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 2012-01-06, 12:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Doing a Video, properly.

Before you start reading: keep in mind that this can only happen once we got beta. But i want to get the idea out before it goes into the abyss that is my mind, and to get other peoples input to improve the idea itself.
the idea also appeared on reddit in a much simpler form, and that reddit discussion basically just told me that i should get my stuff out already.

So, here it goes:
The idea is to show the full scale of combat. Not just a few minutes of large battle, not just a bit out outfit action, no the full scale. The actual full scale.
But what is the full scale of combat? Well, it pretty much involves this:
The sole greeny playing by itself
The guy following commander y
The guy following commander x
The guy following commander z
The Outfit member of the usual zergfit
The outfit member of a tactical outfit using Galaxis
The outfit member of a tactical outfit using Air
The outfit member of a tactical outfit using Tanks
Commander y
Commander x
Commander z
Outfit member running the ops of that gal using outfit
Outfit member running the ops of that Air using outfit
Outfit member running the opfs of that tanks using outfit

And the list goes on. And that, for all 3 empires

tl;dr: We need to capture the viewpoint of as much different people as possible. And that not of different battles, no, just one big battle, just a single big fight.
If we get enough video of this big fight, we would then be able to cut a whole bunch of videos together.
One that shows the overall situation from the eyes of the greenys.
One that shows how the outfits interact with each other.
One that shows reaction and outer reaction of the empires (Air outfit from the VS strikes, Tank using outfit from the TR decide to switch from AV toAA for their tanks, Tank using NC outfit exploits this by getting themself AV on their tanks and nuke the TR outfit. Meanwile, Gal using VS outfit hits the base, getting into a nasty firefight with the NC outfit, getting completly devestated by the TR outfit just dropping from behind)
One that shows how the commanders fight each other and together, reacting on the battlefields changes, trying to get their forces to victory.
Three that focus soley on a faction
And one that gets it all together, showing the full scale of things, how everything plays together.

Once we have a bunch of videos, and if SOE gives their approve, hit youtube with them, and get the major gaming sites link the entire series. THen people will truly start to understand what "thousands of players" really means.

And if planetside 2 doesnt become the most played game in history after that, im eating a broom or two.

Anyway, now its your call: I just put the idea out, knowing that planning in detail doesnt make sense as we dont know when beta hits, who is in, what our recording options are and if SOE even allows this.
Still, if you have input, spit it out!

And if the devs/marketing team reads this: Its up to you to allow this project. While we would try to keep things in private till we have the final videos done, ready to be approved by you guys, we cant gurantee that no leak happens. So your choice, approve or deny. Just give us an now or at least once beta hits, dont want to waste loads of peoples time if you deny this from the start.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion