BFRs, The Stupidest thing since putting chainguns on a 4 wheeler? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Donate $1 to PSU to buy Squeeky a new video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-08-30, 09:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
MrPaul
Major

Originally Posted by Batousai
EDIT: Im more interested in see how the VS get into the BFR
I dont see any doors on that thing at all.
I hope they get into the crotch area.
� la this robot:

(From ZOE.)
Old 2004-08-30, 11:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
juggalokilla
Sergeant

I believe it will show a similar cut-scene like the other AT vehicles where you deconstruct into it, which would be nice so that you could possibly wear a rexo in it. I Hope it is jackable like other vehicles and if you have the cert you can drive it but if you dont have the cert you can get in the second gunner seat, unless it doesnt have one, then you can decon it or let someone else in your empire have it. If stealable, anyone wants to trade, ill swap mine on occasion if you ask.

On the topic of getting out of courtyard, i remember there were new base designs being worked on, maybe its a heavy tank center, like the dropship center with one per cont, or even better, one per home cont. That way it would be harder to come by, you'd have to go out of you way to get one. If your empire gets stuck with only your home cont, like my good old TR emerald does oh too frequently, you'll be close to the bfr bases to gain momentum on getting your ground back. Again these are just my assumptions, we have to wait for more official info.

Regardless of how these work, I am excited about adding them to mix up the flavor of planetside. Thanks to the devs who are working their asses off to try to keep us happy. If they end up sucking, then we wont use them, oh well. those who cry about them before you see them, grow up.
Old 2004-08-30, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Miir
Malvision

From a visual standpoint I think the BFR's look totally sweet I can invision awesome cinematic scenes for movies with them. Hopefully they'll work out well in the gameplay.

The good thing about them is it will help to bring more money into PS by helping to sell the Core Combat expansion. Which will result in more cool developments down the road. (like Planetside II)
Old 2004-08-30, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Miir
From a visual standpoint I think the BFR's look totally sweet I can invision awesome cinematic scenes for movies with them. Hopefully they'll work out well in the gameplay.

The good thing about them is it will help to bring more money into PS by helping to sell the Core Combat expansion. Which will result in more cool developments down the road. (like Planetside II)
heh heh....SOA EPISODE 2! COMING 2008!
Old 2004-08-30, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

BFRs are the most exciting thing to happen in Planetside since release. I for one cant wait and it is one of the reasons I came back. The BFRs are going to bring so many old players back it isnt even funny. I know I have heard murmurings from some of my outfits old CR5s that have been gone for half a year. It will attract a TON of new players as well. This is going to be very good for the health of Planetside and I cant wait. If they make a bunch of cash off this maybe they can spend some of it on developing all new building types and bases and post BR20 advancement
Old 2004-08-30, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
juggalokilla
Sergeant

If this gives ps a stronger stance, i thing soe will keep a closer eye on it and possibly pass some more love our way. We support them, they support our planet/crack addiction.

(post 20 advancement.....yummmmmmm)
Old 2004-08-30, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
MrPaul
Major

They are jackable. ( )

And as for the AT idea, I have a feeling they wont do. Look at the wireframe renders on the official site, you can clearly see seats (especially in the NC one.) And to back that up more, check on the media sections screens, one shot of the NC BFR has feet sticking out the front! Whoopsay!

Last edited by MrPaul; 2004-08-30 at 02:30 PM.
Old 2004-08-30, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

both of the new NC BFR shots have feet poking out the fuselage
Old 2004-08-30, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by MrPaul
I think the devs are making these keys "unstealable". Which is very much gonna be needed. If anyone tries to kill me for one.
/repoatered
Smokejumper said on the forums in response to a similar concern that you only need to attune your crystal once. There is no "key" that you have to keep going back for. You just need to get X experience from hacks in the caverns, and then you can get as many BFRs as you want, time permitting.
Old 2004-08-30, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
MrPaul
Major

I thought it was a mixture of the two?
Old 2004-08-30, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Super_Ryu7
Private

OMG what i would give to get the old CR5s back on the NC-emerald Jesus we have sucked as to lack of leadership (dont get me wrong there are good CR5s just not enough) holy crap PLEASE old CR5s come back i want organized assaults back as do a lot of us!!!!
Old 2004-08-30, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by MrPaul
I thought it was a mixture of the two?
http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...ir=true#M48940

Originally Posted by Smokejumper
A few things:

a) The BFRs are rough and tough, but the comment made at the fan event was that "current balance" had them destroying a Vanguard in about 5 seconds. However, the context was that "current balance" meant "not yet balanced". The weapons that are on them *right now* (in-house) are overpowered. That's not the design that will occur in-game when we release the BFRs.

b) The process of "attuning" (later fiction will describe that process) is a one-time thing. So when you complete the requirements to become certed in BFR, you don't have to do it again later.

c) To qualify for the BFR cert, you'll need to participate in cavern base caps that generate a minimum amount of xp. So late-night base caps won't do anything for you...unless there are enough enemies present to generate a sufficient amount of base capture experience (using the same time-slice system as the larger facilities outside the caverns).

I copied down a lot of these CC improvement ideas. Good stuff. Thanks.

-- Dave.
Note that what Dave said was in response to a concern over having to constantly go down into the caverns to get keys. So it's a certainty that once you're attuned, it is indeed a one-time thing, and you no longer have to go down there to get anything related to BFRs.
Old 2004-08-30, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
heh heh....SOA EPISODE 2! COMING 2008!
Damn that's kinda soon for them don't ya think?
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-08-31, 01:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Cauldron Borne
Captain

About the whole worry over getting yer BFR jacked...are you REALLY gonna leave that monster once you get it? I won't...the only way you'll get me outta that bitch it to kill it, at which point i will ruthlessly and continuously hunt you down and kill you repeatedly.......

(MW vets are gonna OWN YOU ALL!)

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-08-31, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Phaden
Contributor
Major

OMG what i would give to get the old CR5s back on the NC-emerald Jesus we have sucked as to lack of leadership (dont get me wrong there are good CR5s just not enough) holy crap PLEASE old CR5s come back i want organized assaults back as do a lot of us!!!!

Hello, Random Phone. Its for you!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion