Lattice Logic Unit - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: My Video card is bigger then your Video card.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2011-08-19, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
GTGD
First Sergeant

Lattice Logic Unit

Wondering if the LLU, or something that is like it will be making a return in PS2.

I really hope it does. It really made things a lot of fun, since it took players out of the same old corridors and allowed there to be really fun vehicle battles and chases. Plus, it made those who were in the base defend different areas.

Nothing was more fun than getting ready for a push, and then surging in and out of the room with the LLU, and then having a high speed chase in a skyguard with tons of enemy aircraft chasing you down. And there was no place more badass to do it than THE RAVINE on Solsar.

I understand that the lattice as we know it won't exist (if there is even going to be that sort of system). However, there is nothing wrong with adding in a little CTF flair. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping this makes it into the final release.
Old 2011-08-19, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
EASyEightyEight
Sergeant Major

Re: Lattice Logic Unit

The LLU was only fun (and sensible) in an AMP station, due to how they were set up to turn into a game of pushing in (offense) or pushing out (defense.) That is... until a lag-switcher/speed hacker warps in, takes the LLU, and warps out just as fast.

I for one could live without the LLU in Planetside. We might see some variant of it through the mission system however, with actual rewards to boot.
Old 2011-08-19, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Blue
Private

If they don't have the LLU...what about some sort of "resource steal"? a carefully planned ambush and a convoy of buggies could load up on enemy resources and bring them to their base? that would be sweeet
Old 2011-08-19, 05:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Quovatis
PSU Staff
Wiki Ninja

There will be no need for an LLU with the new capture system. All areas will see fighting, unlike the current PS.
Old 2011-08-19, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BorisBlade
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Quovatis View Post
There will be no need for an LLU with the new capture system. All areas will see fighting, unlike the current PS.
Thats not the intent of the LLU. Its there to shift up gameplay. And i hope there are various ways to capture bases/areas to keep it mixed up. Possibly done in a way that could change every so often. Maybe a base/outpost is cap and hold then a month later its LLU or whatever other capture method. Helps keep it varied and interesting.
Old 2011-08-19, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Raymac
Brigadier General

The LLU may have been the best addition to the game, however as Q said, PS2 capture system is sounding quite a bit different so it probably won't work.

Old 2011-08-19, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Huma
Sergeant

Originally Posted by BorisBlade View Post
Thats not the intent of the LLU. Its there to shift up gameplay. And i hope there are various ways to capture bases/areas to keep it mixed up. Possibly done in a way that could change every so often. Maybe a base/outpost is cap and hold then a month later its LLU or whatever other capture method. Helps keep it varied and interesting.
Well from what I've read I dint see why they couldn't find a way to put something similar in place with disturbing the free form battles. I could see it maybe working with some tactical objective on a hex. Say maybe 2 bunkers on opposite sides of a hex with a tower that can only be capped by llu in the middle.
Though truthfully I don't think anyone will care once they get into fighting over the hexes. They've already said that each one will have it's own challenges to keep it interesting.
Old 2011-08-19, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
RedKnights
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Blue View Post
If they don't have the LLU...what about some sort of "resource steal"? a carefully planned ambush and a convoy of buggies could load up on enemy resources and bring them to their base? that would be sweeet
THIS I like this idea a lot, you should put it in the idea section. Like a convoy of sorts similar to ANTS but carrying enemy resources across enemy lines, lowering their output and giving your empire a small bonus for the resource.

I can visualize entire outfits specializing in "resource smuggling"
Old 2011-08-19, 11:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

With the discussion of cap times on some bases (30sec vs 30min) there will still be hard-cap structure. LLUs could still have a point.
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-20, 01:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I have mixed feelings about the Pokeball. On one hand being able to surge it from one base to the other on foot in the heat of battle was a feat to behold. On the other, it really didn't do what it was supposed to: Bring the battle out of the base.

Old 2011-08-20, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
exLupo
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
On the other, it really didn't do what it was supposed to: Bring the battle out of the base.
Nothing really can. The only power in PS is the zerg and they will not be distracted by a gold pip floating across the field. Tunnel vision on whatever base they're banging their heads against.

I'm interested to see how the zerg manifests in PS2. All of the battlefield will be important but will they be willing to break focus from a physical structure to go cap it or will everything non-base be secured by ranging outfits?
There is no better cause to fight than the simple need that blood be spilled. Do not fight because you receive reward or praise. Fight because that other bastard exists solely to die beneath the heel of your boot.

And that was that.
Old 2011-08-20, 09:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Crator
Major General

Pretty sure there are no lattices in PS2. However I do agree that an equivilent should be added, perhaps even more little side games like the LLU run would be in order for PS2. They also had the rabbit and cowboy events in PS1.
Old 2011-08-20, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Death2All
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Raymac View Post
The LLU may have been the best addition to the game, however as Q said, PS2 capture system is sounding quite a bit different so it probably won't work.
There's still the possibility that some bases could require a different means to capture them. When "territory" capture comes to mind, I think of random fields of land, or a ridge or something of that nature.

Base capture could still be different, I haven't been keeping up-to-date with all the happenings and information of PS2 lately but I'd like to believe that capturing a specific base would be different than a piece of land.

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion