Anyones beleive thats we can have Ps2 release with all 3 continents this years ? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: can we say this is safe for children under 8 to play?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Is the game could be release with all 3 continents ?
Yes its possible in 2012 40 52.63%
Later this years maybe 17 22.37%
Nah it will be 2013 maybe fall 2013 19 25.00%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-03, 05:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stew
Major

Anyones beleive thats we can have Ps2 release with all 3 continents this years ?

Iam kinda questionning myself Since the planetside 2 team is not thats big and from all the tweet the game get better and better but it seams since the last 3 months they seams to test the same 3 base is thats only what they show or are they actually test out some others zone ?

If all the space is handcrafted thats mean all area have to be tested carefully etc.. so it mean 64 battlefield maps for each continents since all 3 continents have to be 8 x 8 km so 64 square of 1 x 1 km !

Iam asking myself is thats possible to see a release of all 3 continents with an equivalent of 64 bf3 maps each this years ? iam kinda Not sure at all since the developpement of each zone seams to take a way more time than whats they seams to have planned so 2013 2014 ? for the full release of 3 continents ? is soe are going to release 1 continents and then ad the 2 others ? down the road ?

whats u guys think ?

Last edited by Stew; 2012-05-03 at 06:01 AM.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: Anyones beleive thats we can have Ps2 release with all 3 continents this years ?

I think retail will be q1 2013 with 3 continents

Beta i think will be in 2-3months with 1 then 2 continents

Indar looked finished a long time ago and i think we have seen glimpses of the 2nd cont amerish/hossin style.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rabb
Contributor
Sergeant

Re: Anyones beleive thats we can have Ps2 release with all 3 continents this years ?

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
I think retail will be q1 2013 with 3 continents

Beta i think will be in 2-3months with 1 then 2 continents

Indar looked finished a long time ago and i think we have seen glimpses of the 2nd cont amerish/hossin style.
Personally I think it will be later.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Personally I think it will be later.
Sometimes I like to dream.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-05-03, 07:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Oty
Contributor
Corporal

I think it's much sooner, they are just hiding stuff from us, I mean if they are hiding stuff from us we will just be happy that things arrive faster than expected but if they dont hide anything and it takes longer than they said the community is going to be angry
Old 2012-05-03, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
DayOne
Captain

Probably q1 2013. The game will need a long beta for balancing and bug fixing. I predict at least 6 months of beta (3-4 closed then 2-3 open).

I would love to see it released this year but I'd rather not have a rushed out game.
Old 2012-05-03, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
Probably q1 2013. The game will need a long beta for balancing and bug fixing. I predict at least 6 months of beta (3-4 closed then 2-3 open).

I would love to see it released this year but I'd rather not have a rushed out game.
Yeah i kinda think that we will not play the 2 others continents until a while but i tough it will be in several months handcraft each regions take a way to much time to be able to make all 3 continents of 64 square km
Old 2012-05-03, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Definitely mid-2013, I'm thinking 12-14 months from now is a realistic goal.

I know we all want the beta to start, but what I want even more is an extra layer of polish and a truly epic experience at launch. I'm willing to wait.
Old 2012-05-03, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Definitely mid-2013, I'm thinking 12-14 months from now is a realistic goal.

I know we all want the beta to start, but what I want even more is an extra layer of polish and a truly epic experience at launch. I'm willing to wait.
Yeah but i think if its just all about (( not ready continents )) and the overall balance and gameplay is done so release 1 continents is already 64 bf3 maps so it would not hurt to release it with one continents and ad the two others as soon as they are done !
Old 2012-05-03, 09:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Graywolves
General

I'm always expecting it tomorrow.
Old 2012-05-04, 01:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Xyntech
Brigadier General

I think later this year maybe. We have already seen a WIP for the entirety of Indar, with several locations having been shown in detail.

Also, while we know that each continent will have a variety of biomes, I suspect that the more grassy, foresty screenshots we have seen are on a separate continent entirely, so to me, that suggests that they are already well on their way with 2 continents.

Considering that a lot of work has to go into a continent before they even show us the tiniest glimpses of them, I'm guessing that they have already gotten well on their way with the early stages of the third continent, my guess being a mostly snowy continent to round out the 3 major styles of continent from the first game.

So throwing out a random guess, I think the three continents may look something like this as far as progress:

Indar - 70% complete
Forest Continent - 40% complete
Snow Continent - 15% complete

There are always snags that can slow progress down and delay deadlines, but right now it seems plausible to me that they could have 3 done by the end of the year. Remember how short Planetside 2 has currently been in development and how far Indar has come. I doubt they are working on one continent exclusively at a time, they are probably working on all 3 simultaneously, at different stages of development.

My guess would be that beta starts with only Indar available, with the others added as quickly as possible.
Old 2012-05-04, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
I think later this year maybe. We have already seen a WIP for the entirety of Indar, with several locations having been shown in detail.

Also, while we know that each continent will have a variety of biomes, I suspect that the more grassy, foresty screenshots we have seen are on a separate continent entirely, so to me, that suggests that they are already well on their way with 2 continents.

Considering that a lot of work has to go into a continent before they even show us the tiniest glimpses of them, I'm guessing that they have already gotten well on their way with the early stages of the third continent, my guess being a mostly snowy continent to round out the 3 major styles of continent from the first game.

So throwing out a random guess, I think the three continents may look something like this as far as progress:

Indar - 70% complete
Forest Continent - 40% complete
Snow Continent - 15% complete

There are always snags that can slow progress down and delay deadlines, but right now it seems plausible to me that they could have 3 done by the end of the year. Remember how short Planetside 2 has currently been in development and how far Indar has come. I doubt they are working on one continent exclusively at a time, they are probably working on all 3 simultaneously, at different stages of development.

My guess would be that beta starts with only Indar available, with the others added as quickly as possible.
Nah the foresty thing is actually on indar iam pretty much sure Amerish is a jungle like continents and swamp they have show a concept art and the tree look like planetside 1 ones very large with liana spread here and there etc..

So i think we did not see a single pic of the other 2 continents Tray as confirm thats he is working on the 2 others but working for a artist is also making (( concept art )) and things like thats so yeah
Old 2012-05-04, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Eyeklops
First Lieutenant

I hope not. IMO, they should run at least 6 months of intense beta for polish. I would hope to see PS2 go gold in Q1 2013.

BTW Stew, what is your native language? Because every time you make a post baby grammar Jesus cry's and kills a kitten. Just thought you should know, you have killed allot of kittens lately.
Old 2012-05-04, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Tricky
Contributor
Corporal

I'm pretty sure if there was a 2012 release lined up that we'd see more continents than the one we saw. Plus they're still working on models and animations, all of which need to be implemented, tweaked, streamlined, balanced, etc There's still a bunch or work to due and I'd rather them take their time with it and get it right.
Old 2012-05-04, 09:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
cellinaire
Captain

I'm sorry, but thinking about things like this only make nuisance in the end.

(something to note : the forest-looking, grassy field area we've been seeing in screenshots and videos is actually located in SW part of Indar. We still don't have any confirmation that Amerish and Esamir were shown.)

And don't have firm confirmation that 'at launch = 3 continents'. From What I know, the '3 continents' claim was just leaked from Reporter/Writers/PC gaming websites, not from devs directly.

Last edited by cellinaire; 2012-05-04 at 09:15 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion