Specific Q's for those who have played - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: M.L.W.A. Join Today!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-13, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Toast
Private

Have you ever played UT? its like the redeemer from what i gather, just no huge blast radius.
Old 2003-04-13, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Ruthless
Sergeant

i know where the phoenix shooters are.
Old 2003-04-13, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Lexington_Steele
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Specific Q's for those who have played

Sorry if any of this is a repeat.
Originally posted by zMessiahz
Lasher vs mini-chaingun:
How large is the difference on ROF and damage per hit?
How much are the 2 weapons effected by recoil?
Does the lasher have the equivelant of AP bullets?
Minichaingun is by far the best of the heavy assault weapons.

Do the Vanu soldiers move faster then NC or TR given same armor type? Is there a difference in the amount of armor?
All factions move at the same speed.
Infultration is fastest
Agile and Standard move the same speed.
reinforced moves the slowest.

How does the rocklet perform vs infantry and vehicles?
Rockets such against infantry and they are very good against vehicles. Example: it takes 6 direct phoenix missile hits before a soldier in reinforced armor dies.

The phoenix does 250 damage on vehicles and 50 damage on soldiers.

Whats up with the insane rocket barage on the reaver?
It is nice and makes the reaver very effective. However it is not hard to shoot down a reaver (or a mosquito for that matter). A mosquito owns a reaver in air to air combat.

How much damage to grenades do compared to other weapons?
I have found grenades to be useful, however they are very very weak.

[/quote]How much ammo and how fast does the thumper fire?[/quote]
I have not spent much time with the thumper however I do not often find myself dying to someone with a thumper.

Does the decimator do significantly more damage to vehicles then the empire specific anti-vehicular weapons?
Yes, however I personally still prefer to carry the empire specific AV weaponry.

The 3 medium assault rifles...
NC does more damage, TR fires faster, Vanu has less recoil... Does it actually even out? On paper the Vanu assault rifle gets the shaft... fires as slow as the NC rifle, does the same damage as the TR assault rifle. So is the recoil low enough to make its accuracy high enough that it makes up for this?
I am not sure about this one. When I was playing with the Vanu, there was a bug which cause the pulsar to do less damage than it was supposed to. This was fixed very recently (the 8th I think).

The TR and the NC rifle are very evenly matched.
The cycler has better recoil/shot than the gauss, has better rate of fire, and has a 50 round clip. It kills someone in reinforced armor in 11 shots.

The gauss kills someone in 9 shots and since it's shots are faster, it is easier to hit people at long range. It only has a 30 round clip though.

The Gauss owns at long range, the cycler owns at close range.

I am betting that the pulsar has been brought up to speed with the other two, however I have not had extended first hand experience with the vanu in the past couple of days. (not because they are not there, just because I have been fighting on Cyssor, which has a warpgate directly to both the TR and the NC sanctuary.

I saw a screen shot that had a buggy with what looked like a big ol' bazooka mounted on top. What the deal there? Are there more vehicles then those listed ont he official site? Or can you chose different weapon types on the buggies like on MAX's?
That is the NC specific buggy. It is very nice. It is probably the best of the empire specific buggies. You can not pick the config.

Sit Back, Relax, and Enjoy the Action.
Old 2003-04-14, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Airhead451
Private

just answering your question on the rockets on the reaver they are probaly in a rocket pod thats why then fire so fast
Old 2003-04-14, 12:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

BTW, I don't agree that the gauess is overpowered at all. It is definately the best medium assault at range, but the cycler owns it indoors, where all the base capping goes down.
Old 2003-04-14, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
zMessiahz
Sergeant

Re: Re: Specific Q's for those who have played

Rockets such against infantry and they are very good against vehicles. Example: it takes 6 direct phoenix missile hits before a soldier in reinforced armor dies.

The phoenix does 250 damage on vehicles and 50 damage on soldiers.
Yeah, I've read stuff to that effect, but I was asking specifically about the Rocklet Gun. Any new on that?
Old 2003-04-14, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Confectrix
Sergeant Major

Lex:

Thanks for the input. I like your perspective on things.

Good day,

"Speech is the mirror of the soul; as a man speaks, so he is." -- Publilius Syrus
Old 2003-04-14, 08:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

The gauss is awesome outside... In a big forest battle outside of Gunuku last night the TR were taking probably 3-1 losses trying to get those NC pricks outa our woods!

That being said, I took my little chaingun, and regen implant, and destroyed a squad of NC by myself in a CQB situation. So it all ballances out. (to be honest it was only 6 of them, and their MAX friend enjoyed ripping me up with his shotgun, but... still NC indoor=weak)

The pulsar Blows goats ATM but Smokejumper said that they found a coding flaw with it, and will be increasing it's damage. As far as it placing more ammo on target, I found the Gauss to be more accurate, so Vanu don't have that little tech edge yet IMHO.

As far as mobility. The Vanu have a Tank that can Strafe and when used correctly is a FREAKING beast to kill (the only medium tank in the game where the Drive controls the weapon, someone good with it is devestatin despite all the whining) I shudder when a MAgrider aproaches, and wait for the rapid fire heavy laser barrage to rip me up! Thankfully not many people are hip to how harsh it is yet. Their Max ability to jump makes me twitch as well. When fighting anyone else you know where the MAxxes can get into your base... Vanu, all bets are off.

And while the Reaver looks scarry when firing rockets (about 24 in 10 seconds or less) Those rockets are inaccurate against anything but tanks and slow moving vehicles, they do next to nothing against inf (though I hope they increase the splash dammage) and you can at the max only cary 3 full reloads for a total of 96 rockets (and that's not as many as it sounds)

So fear not VANU players, they really are good. Just under used at the momment, and a bit harder to play to their strengths. Just another example of where a squad will rock when the solo player sinks

PAX
Old 2003-04-14, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Squick
Major

Originally posted by zMessiahz
From what I hear about the NC rocket is that its not the rate of fire or damage of it, but the fact that you can guide so easily.

You can fire it from inside an AMS cloak field and wander the battlefield.
From behind a hill... you need not even know if there are enemies nearby.
Turn it around corners, easily hit moving MAX's or aircraft.

I've heard it termed as a combination predator drone and hellfire missile.

Sounds like the mobility of that puppy is wayyyyy to high.
That would work great if you did not mind being unable to see anything after you left the cloak field.

You can not see out, they can not see in. Once you missle leaves the cloak field you do not see anything, outside or in!

And as for the mobility, it has a turning radius of about 400 feet with me spinning my trackball as fast as it will go. That means it is impossible to do even a 45 degree turn indoors even in the largest rooms.

Refire rate, negatting the time you spend sitting guiding the missle with a huge target sign on your head is about 1 shot every 7-8 seconds. It takes 3 shots to kill a max or reaver, 2 to kill a mequito, 5-6 to kill an infantry since they will most likely use a health kit or two, undoing the majority of the damage your missle does to them.

Also ammo is massive! In an agile suit you can fit 3 packs of missles, 1 "2x2" item, and one health kit in your inventory. So no second gun, no repair gun, if you want a pistol then you get either a hacking tool or a heal/engineering tool, not both.

Squick
Old 2003-04-14, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hellsfire123
Contributor
Captain

Gauss is supposed to do more damage then the other medium assualt weapons. It evens out as they upped Vanu damage and lowered recoil to almost nothing while crouching, and the TR cycler has 50 rounds as compared to the Gauss 30.

Decimator does amazing damage, but only fires three times. Phoenix is quite hard to use, turning is slow, and the damage is low compared to other weapons, ill continue this when i get home
Old 2003-04-14, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Antres Midel
Corporal

Got my own question for yall. How does the empire specific buggies compare in handling. (Also include the Harraser if you could)

-Antres Midel
Shuriken Battle Group
Old 2003-04-14, 10:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
zMessiahz
Sergeant

Thanks for all the replies guys. Now I hope my open cd arrives soon!
Old 2003-04-14, 11:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
MrVulcan
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally posted by Antres Midel
Got my own question for yall. How does the empire specific buggies compare in handling. (Also include the Harraser if you could)

-Antres Midel
Shuriken Battle Group
ya, also, if you could through in the lightning with them, as in the video it looked like it could move!

*and thanks for the info guys!
------------------------------
"All that and a bag of psychedelic mushrooms!"
------------------------------
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tire, more hungry. Keep punching."
Old 2003-04-14, 11:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Squick
Major

The empire specific buggies (such as the enforcer you mean, right?) handle exactly the same as the harasser, quite nimble, fairly easy to flip.

Lightning is great to handle! Very quick, extremely agile, and best of all it can turn without moving forward since it has treds. The only problem is it is fairly weak armor wise, and gun wise, and right now there is a bug that you take damage from the smallest pebble on the ground! :/
Old 2003-04-14, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
LLMerc
Private

First, whomever was compairing the chaingun to the gauss, they are not even the same weapon category so buh bye. The gauss is currently, in the opinion of this tester, overpowered. Not insanely, but enough that it actualy compairs to the chaingun, even at short-medium range. Combined with the fact that it is more precise than the cycler, and hits harder than both of the other empire specific medium assault weapons, makes it quite dangerous. The rate of fire on the cycler is greater, but it's cone of fire is also quite larger. Cycler regularly looses against a gauss, and the same player using a gauss can win against a gauss player. However, the imbalance is not as huge as I or other testers will have you believe. But it is there. NC ofcourse will not admit it, but thats fine =) They probably do not see it, it's hard to notice imbalances when you are the beneficiary of them.

The large imbalance IMO is the phoenix. And this is simply because it is the only weapon you can guide to a precise location while within cover. NC towers will regularly take out any vehicle in the surrounding area simply through phoenix use. While TR can do nothing against a tower seige if the vehicles are directly under it. The striker will not lock on through the tower railing while both NC and VS can shoot under or over it. Also, the mouse sensitivity can easily be turned up which in effect changes the handling of the phoenix. Thus, it can follow a reaver even through a forest, where as a striker missile can loose lock even after it is fired, if the shooter looses sight of the target. The lancer lacks the punch it should have (although it is very good for sniping infantry I hear) All the AV weapons need to be looked at IMO, however, thats what beta is for, and I'm impatiently awaiting some balance changes
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion