AGN: Community Clash Recording TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Are we there yet??
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-09-26, 05:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Aarth
Private

Re: Community Clash TXR and MERC vs NNG and TGWW

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
Actually yes, because these casuals are playing on the same daily basketball field/server as the NBA players in this game. If you let these NBA stars completely destroy every casual that enters the basketball field, then guess what? Casuals will stay away and your basketball game becomes a ghost town, just like air is atm in the game. They designed basketball leagues for a reason you know.
This is a show match, they didn't align the relative skills perfectly and can't. In order to do that you need an extensive set of matches to show who fits in what leagues. It would be like Das Anfall or Future Crew going up against a similar sized infantry crew, if that crew is mediocre it will be a blow out. We aren't proposing that only a subsection of infantry 12 v 12 are the only amount allowed to fight any any one point on the map are we? The point is 12 top pilots will still blow out 12 semi prepared pilots. We can not force the game to equalize skill between two evenly numbered groups, that more then anything will ruin a game long term.

Last edited by Aarth; 2013-09-26 at 05:52 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

We knew going in what air dominance meant on nexus , Everything...No need for armor, no need for infantry, and no need to capture any bases. Once you have the air you own the map. Its that simple.

We were short pilots going in,but we had a backup plan. Well until the rules were changed at the last min per request of NNG and TGWW. We could have brought in a bunch of pilots from Connery to help out with the air that we knew they would have ,but we dont roll like that. It also was stated in the rules that this wasn't allowed.

We played by the book ,and we lost to NNG ,TGWW ,and the pilots they brought in from other outfits on Matherson.

At the end of the fight I said Good Game. Knowing what i know now I retract that statement.

Why bother making rules if you dont enforce them?

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-26 at 07:24 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Plasmaszap
Private

Originally Posted by Rumblepit View Post

We played by the book ,and we lost to NNG ,TGWW ,and the pilots they brought in from other outfits on Watterson.

?
Not sure if trolling or completly of the track.

Waterson pilot ? Seriously ?
Old 2013-09-26, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Dreadnaut
Contributor
Private

...until the rules were changed at the last min per request of NNG and TGWW. We could have brought in a bunch of pilots from Connery to help out with the air that we knew they would have ,but we dont roll like that. It also was stated in the rules that this wasn't allowed.

We played by the book ,and we lost to NNG ,TGWW ,and the pilots they brought in from other outfits on Watterson.
Rules changed at the last minute? What rule was that?

Are you referring to the Squad Beacon rule? We were told we would have beacons and that about 10 players from each outfit would get bumped to BR 10. Then we were later told that beacons were broken and could not be used. We changed our plans to accommodate for no beacons and had 2 days to prepare and cert'd Ejection Seat Libs with plans on how to drop people etc.

DAY OF the match, they tell us, "Oh btw, beacons now work". We planned for 2 days on how to operate without beacons, so I voted 'no' on allowing beacons.

What pilots did we use from Waterson? Enlighten me. Or are you referring to Mattherson?

If you think that what you saw is any different from what you'll see in a top tier MLG match you are quite mistaken. Our air force is very very good, but I have no doubt there are better.

Wanna know what rule I asked for everyone to agree on before the match that got shot down?? "No A2A missiles".

We wanted a skilled fight in the air, and we were told no by the TR side. That's ok, my guys didn't want lockons and no one had to even be told not to use them. Had anyone pulled lockons I would have booted them from the platoon.

Last edited by Dreadnaut; 2013-09-26 at 07:34 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

lol my bad,,, that was a typo,,,, I meant to say Matherson.... Do you want to name the pilots you brought over? and explain why you broke the rules? Or are you going to deny to it?

Last min change was spawn beacons,,,, you guys didnt want them at the last min so we couldn't use them.

We were told that we were allowed the have 10 players with beacons when they went over the rules. May not seem like a big change ,but to a infantry outfit in a air game they mean everything.

FYI when you search for outfit stats you can see which players joined on what dates

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-26 at 07:32 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TorinPS
Private

Phrygen of BWC posted something along this exact same lines not 15 minutes ago, and I'll post here exactly what I posted there:

"I think you're hideously misrepresenting what is going on. You do realize that like 90% of the people in TGWW play 2 or all 3 factions, right? You do realize that those same people are also in QRY?

Same group of people make up multiple outfits on multiple factions. NNG asked TGWW to team up with them, and we did. TGWW and QRY are very similar in player composition. If QRY competes, you're going to see like 90% of the same people.

QRY isn't gone, but some of the key players (Naterian, Corewin, Rudelord, Thundahawk) have been playing other games lately, and came back to PS2 to play something competitive.

TGWW/QRY/Mattherson Pilots have been recruiting for many months now. You may not realize it, but this has been in the works since MLG 'came onto the scene', in hopes of making a seriously elite air group for competition.
What happened last night was a realization of that effort. We didn't recruit people last minute from other factions/outfits, we simply got everyone to log on at once and play in RCCC, something we've been planning and working towards for a long time."

A group of about 30 really good pilots and Liberator gunners have been playing together for many months now. A lot of us play all 3 factions, some just 2. We're in the same outfits on other factions as well. We've been planning and working with each other, recruiting towards this effort for 3-4 months. We didn't just snag some people from other factions/outfits to make some ringer squad for RCCC. We've been playing together and building up to this, in order to do exactly what we did: bring a critical mass of great air players to the competitive scene.

We did that. We didn't break any rules, these people have been with us all along. It is pretty lame that you use some misinformation fed to you by who-knows, in order to throw some mud on what was otherwise a good match.

Last min change was spawn beacons,,,, you guys didnt want them at the last min so we couldn't use them.
It is not that we didn't want them, it is that we had no one who could use them. Everyone was under the impression that SOE would be able to level 10 people from NNV to level 10, so they could use beacons. At the last minute, SOE said they couldn't, which left NNG with 0 people who could drop beacons. As a result, RCCC, not 'us' ruled that it was only fair to not allow beacons. Next time, things will probably be different, people will have time to level up before the match, and it won't be a big deal. But if beacons were allowed, it would have been something that you guys had, and you guys only.

Last edited by TorinPS; 2013-09-26 at 07:36 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rumblepit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
Phrygen of BWC posted something along this exact same lines not 15 minutes ago, and I'll post here exactly what I posted there:

"I think you're hideously misrepresenting what is going on. You do realize that like 90% of the people in TGWW play 2 or all 3 factions, right? You do realize that those same people are also in QRY?

Same group of people make up multiple outfits on multiple factions. NNG asked TGWW to team up with them, and we did. TGWW and QRY are very similar in player composition. If QRY competes, you're going to see like 90% of the same people.

QRY isn't gone, but some of the key players (Naterian, Corewin, Rudelord, Thundahawk) have been playing other games lately, and came back to PS2 to play something competitive.

TGWW/QRY/Mattherson Pilots have been recruiting for many months now. You may not realize it, but this has been in the works since MLG 'came onto the scene', in hopes of making a seriously elite air group for competition.
What happened last night was a realization of that effort. We didn't recruit people last minute from other factions/outfits, we simply got everyone to log on at once and play in RCCC, something we've been planning and working towards for a long time."

A group of about 30 really good pilots and Liberator gunners have been playing together for many months now. A lot of us play all 3 factions, some just 2. We're in the same outfits on other factions as well. We've been planning and working with each other, recruiting towards this effort for 3-4 months. We didn't just snag some people from other factions/outfits to make some ringer squad for RCCC. We've been playing together and building up to this, in order to do exactly what we did: bring a critical mass of great air players to the competitive scene.

We did that. We didn't break any rules, these people have been with us all along. It is pretty lame that you use some misinformation fed to you by who-knows, in order to throw some mud on what was otherwise a good match.

It is not that we didn't want them, it is that we had no one who could use them. Everyone was under the impression that SOE would be able to level 10 people from NNV to level 10, so they could use beacons. At the last minute, SOE said they couldn't, which left NNG with 0 people who could drop beacons. As a result, RCCC, not 'us' ruled that it was only fair to not allow beacons. Next time, things will probably be different, people will have time to level up before the match, and it won't be a big deal. But if beacons were allowed, it would have been something that you guys had, and you guys only.
Did they not say only OUTFIT MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE? So what your telling is ,because you guys play with these people in a alliance it makes it ok for you to break the rules???

We were all told on the same day that beacons were allowed, the next day we had our guys on test getting br 10 so we would have our beacons. Which are a very tactical tool for infantry to have. So because you guys are slackers we were denied a very important part of our infantry tactics.

call it what you want, call me a poor sport, at least I play by the rules.

We are in a alliance too ,TTA . There are tones of pilots in our alliance that are much better in the air than me ,and if I knew it was ok to bring any player on our server than I would have been happy to sit back ,and give my spot to one of many ace pilots on Connery.But we play by the book, and if this was a real competitive match you would have been disqualified for cheating..... Thats all im saying...

You brought in players from other outfits after you were told not to. You dicked around until game day ,and never got beacons for your guys ,and you screw us out of ours because your slackers...

I wonder if the RCCC would rule it unfair that you guys brought in players from other outfits?

You broke the rules set by RCCC.

Last edited by Rumblepit; 2013-09-26 at 08:18 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TorinPS
Private

Did they not say only OUTFIT MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE? So what your telling is ,because you guys play with these people in a alliance it makes it ok for you to break the rules???
Let me quote some clarification made by RCCC about this rule for you:

3.This rule was intended to stop outfits from pulling a number of "ringers" from whatever outfit to participate even if they don't normally play together.

We absolutely did not do that. We normally play together, the formality of an outfit invite does not change that.

(quote is from Torkz, here)

We were all told on the same day that beacons were allowed, the next day we had our guys on test getting br 10 so we would have our beacons. Which are a very tactical tool for infantry to have. So because you guys are slackers we were denied a very important part of our infantry tactics.
Our guys were told SOE could bump our people to level 10, then at the last second (when we had no time to do anything about it), they said "no wait, we can't". What would you expect us to do?

call it what you want, call me a poor sport, at least I play by the rules.
You are a poor sport, and we played by the same rules too. If you're too oblivious to understand the rules, don't blame it on us.

We are in a alliance too ,TTA . There are tones of pilots in our alliance that are much better in the air than me ,and if I knew it was ok to bring any player on our server than I would have been happy to sit back ,and give my spot to one of many ace pilots on Connery.But we play by the book, and if this was a real competitive match you would have been disqualified for cheating..... Thats all im saying...
Bringing 'any player on our server' that you don't actually play with, woudl have been against the rules. These are our guys, we've played with these guys for months. For the sake of whiny little girls, we added them to the outfit at the last minute to try to quell some of this retardation before it inevitably started. Apparently some people can't help themselves/

I wonder if the RCCC would rule it unfair that you guys brought in players from other outfits?
I don't know, why don't you ask them? I hope you do, so they can clarify the spirit of the rule for you (I quoted them above doing that already), and you can get this saltiness out of your system.

Last edited by TorinPS; 2013-09-26 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Added quote from Torkz
Old 2013-09-26, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Phrygen
Corporal

Originally Posted by TorinPS View Post
Though i believe we resolved any confusions between myself and Torin over on Reddit, I just wanted to state for the record here that I did not imply that NNG/TGWW cheated or used ringers for their match. The top mattherson pilots have multiple character for the different factions and are often members of the same outfits.

What i wrote initially was "TGWW doing serious recruiting of the top NC and TR pilots on Mattherson. Very good for TGWW. I'll miss the QRY powerhouse though ." I stand by that comment, the reality is the QRY is rarely seen in the air anymore on mattherson like during the summer, and TGWW has had new pilots join them in the last few weeks. That doesn't mean that a player who is a member of QRY cant also be a member of TGWW and NNG.

Last edited by Phrygen; 2013-09-26 at 10:16 PM.
Old 2013-09-26, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TorinPS
Private

Originally Posted by Phrygen View Post
Though i believe we resolved any confusions between myself and Torin over on Reddit, I just wanted to state for the record here that I did not imply that NNG/TGWW cheated or used ringers for their match. The top mattherson pilots have multiple character for the different factions and are often members of the same outfits.

What i wrote initially was "TGWW doing serious recruiting of the top NC and TR pilots on Mattherson. Very good for TGWW. I'll miss the QRY powerhouse though ." And while i stand by that comment, the reality is the QRY is rarely seen in the air anymore on mattherson like during the summer, and TGWW has had new pilots join them in the last few weeks.
Yes, agreed. I regret calling Phrygen out, I misunderstood his post. Was overly defense after this. Sorry, again. :P
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion